Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 03:42 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Are you suggesting that people should lose their rights without the due process of the law?

You can't prevent every crime. In fact, most laws aren't in the place to "prevent" crimes.

How do you prevent murders? I would love to hear.
Oh, right, I see. So the death penalty is there to exact revenge? Funny how death penalty proponents swear up and down that it prevents crime.

Are YOU suggesting that we give up trying to prevent crime?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 03:45 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,974,251 times
This will backfire, people will not seek or take about their problems. Its like imposing penalty's for people with AIDS. They will stop seeking help. Dumb liberals.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
This will backfire, people will not seek or take about their problems. Its like imposing penalty's for people with AIDS. They will stop seeking help. Dumb liberals.
Yes, because all the mentally ill will say to themselves, "Damn, what if I want to get a gun and blow away 20 six-year-olds someday?"

Stupid gun nuts.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:50 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,558,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
I'm suggesting that this is just hypocritical bull**** from gun nuts. You don't care one whit what happens to people who are victims of your precious gun culture.
Read Post #30.

There are plenty of ways to minimize crimes and far more effective but none of you liberals have the guts to do them.

How about start with a two strikes rule instead of three? How about getting tough on crimes committed with firearms? Anybody commits a felony with a firearm should receive mandatory sentence of 25, 50 and life? Ironically, the hated NRA was champion of that and it has proven to reduce gun crime.

How about this one? The easiest of the easiest. Of the 70,000+ people denied of buying a firearm, arrest and charge them all, not just 40 of them!

Oh, sorry, according to your leaders "We have no time for that."

Old 01-13-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Read Post #30.

There are plenty of ways to minimize crimes and far more effective but none of you liberals have the guts to do them.

How about start with a two strikes rule instead of three? How about getting tough on crimes committed with firearms? Anybody commits a felony with a firearm should receive mandatory sentence of 25, 50 and life? Ironically, the hated NRA was champion of that and it has proven to reduce gun crime.
Yes, that will definitely solve all our problems. :roll eyes:

And locking 'em up after they've slaughtered six-year-olds is SUCH a comfort. Besides, you just finished telling me that NOTHING "prevents" crime, so why bother?

Old 01-13-2014, 04:03 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
How would you propose we deal with the problem of mentally ill people accessing guns?

Arm everyone.... to keep those mental enough to try it, in check.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:36 PM

23,867 posts, read 24,099,797 times
Quote:
Read Post #30.

How about this one? The easiest of the easiest. Of the 70,000+ people denied of buying a firearm, arrest and charge them all, not just 40 of them!

Oh, sorry, according to your leaders "We have no time for that."
Quote:

And locking 'em up after they've slaughtered six-year-olds is SUCH a comfort. Besides, you just finished telling me that NOTHING "prevents" crime, so why bother?
Interesting that you completely ignored the bold paragraph, queen, while chastising the author and implying that he doesn't care if kids get murdered. Seems a little.... low.

Actually, I'd like for you to comment on the bold sentence, too. Do you have anything to say about it? If you don't, we'll be left to assume that you really don't care if ANY gun laws are enforced, and if that's the case, then why should we engage you in a discussion about guns at all?

Old 01-13-2014, 04:50 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Quote:
Where have you been?
I've been filling out 4473s when I buy my guns.

You?

Except for the part where mental defectives aren't listed, which is how they're able to go out and buy weapons to use in mass shootings. As in VA Tech, Tucson, Aurora, DC Naval Yard etc.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:14 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,215,951 times
Quote:

How will the idiot get around HIPAA?

Old 01-13-2014, 05:50 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,415,531 times
Quote:
Nice evasion.

How about you answer the question instead of asking an unrelated one?
The answer was right there: we don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies