Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 05:29 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
update: The two people who have been shot have been taken to Lubbock for treatment, and are in critical condition.

Personal opinion and experience: I'm a biology student and EMT student in New Mexico. Roswell is well known (especially in NM) for having issues with shootings (school or not) and Lubbock's hospital is well known for being one of the best critical care centers in the region. The victims' chances of dying now are very slim because of that- and I quite possibly know or have met the 'medic who flew them there.

Roswell is also the closest large settlement to me. Not someplace I would want to live overall, unless I was being paid pretty well.

Update to the update: The victims are said to be 13 and 14 years of age. If that's the case, and this middle school has 13 and 14 year olds, then I really would NOT be surprised if it was gang related. Of course, that is conjecture, but conjecture based on my experience with the area.
Wednesday morning Up-Date:

State Police report in the New Mexico news

About the shotgun - it was the wood stock that was "sawed" off (actually cut down). He carried the shotgun into school in a band instrument case. I've read a couple of places that he had a specific target. The shooter warned several of his friends not to go to school yesterday. From all accounts I've read so far - the shooter was quiet, well liked and an honor student. He is now in a psychiatric hospital in Albuquerque, following a court hearing Tuesday.

The girl who was shot is going to be OK, the boy is still critical. Prayers to all the residents of Roswell and hopes for a full recovery for those who were injured. I can say for sure that their lives will be changed forever. I hope they get the help they will need and totally agree with Jordan about the rabid publicity that these shooters get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 05:49 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
His parents are here illegally and he is a minor anchor baby. Where did the shotgun, loaded with 8 shot, come from?

Old 01-15-2014, 06:36 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I`m fairly certain that this wasn`t the first shooting incident in the United States.
No, the first one was in the late 1700s.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:14 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
His parents are here illegally and he is a minor anchor baby. Where did the shotgun, loaded with 8 shot, come from?
How do you know that?

Old 01-15-2014, 10:27 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
His parents are here illegally and he is a minor anchor baby.
with a name like 'mason campbell'?

Old 01-15-2014, 11:51 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,369,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Illegal Canadians, no doubt!

Trying to take advantage of our inferior social services and lower pay!

Old 01-15-2014, 12:25 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Illegal Canadians, no doubt!

Trying to take advantage of our inferior social services and lower pay!

LOL. My thoughts exactly, although he could be an illegal anchor baby from western Europe

Here is his photo, as we can always count on the perpetually tasteless Daily Mail, having no integrity whatsoever, to post a photo of a 12 year old shooter.

Roswell, New Mexico school shooter, Mason Campbell, 12, pictured | Mail Online

Old 01-15-2014, 01:02 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
LOL. My thoughts exactly, although he could be an illegal anchor baby from western Europe

Here is his photo, as we can always count on the perpetually tasteless Daily Mail, having no integrity whatsoever, to post a photo of a 12 year old shooter.

Roswell, New Mexico school shooter, Mason Campbell, 12, pictured | Mail Online

How is one an illegal anchor baby?

Old 01-15-2014, 03:01 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Quote:
I'm not seeing this claim in any of the news reports, Maybe you could post one that does.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:40 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,696,968 times
Years ago we realized that the local school was a magnet for illegal drugs, and also mass shootings. The knowledge and materials to make our schools safe is available. The local school district in your home town, the one in charge of where your child goes to school, is directly responsible for putting your child's life at risk. Parents-why do you not care? In this case a 12 year old carried a rather long metal object, shotgun, directly onto campus. A serious failure in simple security at this school. The long metal object could have easily been a bomb as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies