Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 09:02 PM

878 posts, read 737,835 times

Advertisements

I find this unacceptable for our military to implement such drastic change to these regulations. With this relaxation of the rules, we will get away from our 'uniformity and conformity' that makes the United States Military unique and exemplary as a first rate fighting force. Lt. Col. Alan West makes a great case of why this is all wrong. I agree with him. Do you?

MOD CUT/hotlinking

Military “Relaxing” Uniform Regulations Because Feelings » The Right Scoop -

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-22-2014 at 10:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 10:19 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Here's the actual proposed changes. It should be noted that the wear of turbans had previously been allowed. The wear of yarmulkes have been allowed since Reagan's presidency. This is something where the pendulum goes back and forth.

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/c...df/130017p.pdf

Old 01-22-2014, 10:21 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
My guess is like many things he has done they will change again in time. If the military does agree its temporary.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:14 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,052,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
I find this unacceptable for our military to implement such drastic change to these regulations. With this relaxation of the rules, we will get away from our 'uniformity and conformity' that makes the United States Military unique and exemplary as a first rate fighting force.
I believe the fact that the states are "unique and exemplary as a first rate fighting force" is due to the insane/riduclous amount of money you overspend on military and not due to the fact that you haven't let people fashion beards etc.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:16 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,946,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
I find this unacceptable for our military to implement such drastic change to these regulations. With this relaxation of the rules, we will get away from our 'uniformity and conformity' that makes the United States Military unique and exemplary as a first rate fighting force. Lt. Col. Alan West makes a great case of why this is all wrong. I agree with him. Do you?

MOD CUT/hotlinking

Military “Relaxing” Uniform Regulations Because Feelings » The Right Scoop -
So the clothes makes the fighting force? How ridiculous.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:43 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,097,568 times
They have to relax them or nobody will be eligible to join if we want to maintain the size of the military we have. If you want an all volunteer force, you have to be willing to accept the volunteers. Personally I would rather judge the person on the ability to do their job.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:58 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Where does the article state this is being done at Obama's request/order?

Old 01-23-2014, 05:02 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Where does the article state this is being done at Obama's request/order?
He is the Commander in Chief is he not ?

Or should we be blaming Bush for this ?

Old 01-23-2014, 05:16 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
They also now have the strictest rules on tattoos ever.

Going to complain about that? Aren't there enough real issues for you to worry about?

This is what happens when the economy starts showing signs of growth, people start complaining about pety Bull****

Old 01-23-2014, 06:08 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
I believe the fact that the states are "unique and exemplary as a first rate fighting force" is due to the insane/riduclous amount of money you overspend on military and not due to the fact that you haven't let people fashion beards etc.

Beards are only allowed in the Navy. Both the Army and the Marine Corps require a clean-shaven face, as a compelling interest in the health and safety of their personnel. You cannot get a proper seal in gas mask if you have a beard. So you are not likely to see any Muslim or Orthodox Jew sporting beards while on active duty in either the Army or Marine Corps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies