Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 02:58 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
When exactly will this apply to the 2nd amendment and the inalienable right to defend yourself and your home?
Are you able to own, buy, sell, trade, or build a firearm? What right are you lacking? Whom is unable to defend themselves, family, or property?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 02:58 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
When exactly will this apply to the 2nd amendment and the inalienable right to defend yourself and your home?
Ah, you have nothing to defend yourself with against the established fact of conservative bigotry against gays and lesbians, so you bring up something else so off topic it's in another county.

Old 01-24-2014, 02:59 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Are you able to own, buy, sell, trade, or build a firearm? What right are you lacking?
In all states in this country? No. Next question.

Old 01-24-2014, 02:59 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
When they stop defining "rights" as "things liberals want done".

Old 01-24-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Ah, you have nothing to defend yourself with against the established fact of conservative bigotry against gays and lesbians, so you bring up something else so off topic it's in another county.
This thread isn't about LGBT rights, this thread is about Liberals and their selective use of majority support therefore my comments are 100% on topic. Please feel free to catch up with us and reality at any time.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:01 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
What you label as dicrimination is not how the Supreme Court defines Afirmative Action...I think I will accept the Supreme Courts definition over yours.
I choose my own definition... based on the meaning of "equality" and "discrimination".

Here's a clue: it's much easier to use the actual meanings of words AND THINK FOR YOURSELF than it is to let SCOTUS think for you and then try to explain the logical blind alleys you're stuck in.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
When they stop defining "rights" as "things liberals want done".
Good point.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:02 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
This thread isn't about LGBT rights, this thread is about Liberals and their selective use of majority support therefore my comments are 100% on topic. Please feel free to catch up with us and reality at any time.
And I am discussing the liberal support of minorities. But in response to my answer to the "liberal hypocrisy" accusation relative to LGBT minority rights, you suddenly started babbling about guns.

BTW, in what state are you unable to buy, sell, trade or use guns?

Old 01-24-2014, 03:03 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
How come when it comes to things like gay marriage, liberals cite that a majority should not determine the rights of a minority. For example, Virginia passed a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage with 57% voting for the ban. The majority said no to gay marriage, yet liberals want to overturn that because it violates the rights of a minority (for what it's worth, I totally agree which is why I am against democracy and for Republic and rule of law, not rule of majority).

However, often times, liberals like to selectively cite polls where the majority support their cause. For example, they often referenced majority support for higher income taxes on the rich, gun control, etc.

Why is it that liberals are so selective in determining when majority opinion is important or not?
Its whatever fits their PC, feel good, set of rules.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
What you label as dicrimination is not how the Supreme Court defines Afirmative Action...I think I will accept the Supreme Courts definition over yours.
Thanks for proving this thread to be true. You support the Supreme Court and you cite their decision as law that should be respected... until Citizens United comes up and then liberals love to attack the Supreme Court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies