Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 06:56 PM

57,399 posts, read 26,450,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
and the OP never said that they were moving the company either.
What exactly does this title mean???

Beretta Didn't Bluff: Abandoning Deep Blue, Anti-Gun Maryland in Favor of Liberty-Loving Tennessee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 06:57 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,755,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
An international company building a factory in an impoverished area, now this is stunning news.
Impoverished? Nashville's not impoverished. I live in a suburb, and my county is one of the wealthiest counties in the country.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:03 PM

45,801 posts, read 61,201,225 times
The expansion was originally planned for their Accokeek, MD facility. That is until the last round of gun control legislation last year.

I'm sure there's no connection to that and the decision to instead build a brand new facility elsewhere.

Companies wishing to move often use this technique when planning a major move: build a new facility somewhere while guaranteeing continued production at the older one. After a couple years announce a cutback at the old plant while increasing production at the new one while citing "production efficiencies". Another couple of years the employees at the old facility are told that it will shutdown in _______ months. Outplacement help will be available.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:10 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,995,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The expansion was originally planned for their Accokeek, MD facility. That is until the last round of gun control legislation last year.

I'm sure there's no connection to that and the decision to instead build a brand new facility elsewhere.

Companies wishing to move often use this technique when planning a major move: build a new facility somewhere while guaranteeing continued production at the older one. After a couple years announce a cutback at the old plant while increasing production at the new one while citing "production efficiencies". Another couple of years the employees at the old facility are told that it will shutdown in _______ months. Outplacement help will be available.
Well, a few of our liberal friends don't seem to understand how these things work. Not surprising since few of them have ever worked in the private sector.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:37 PM

6,273 posts, read 5,103,697 times
Quote:
An international company building a factory in an impoverished area, now this is stunning news.
They're building in Sumner County in Tennessee. I lived in Sumner County years ago. Most definitely not an impoverished area.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:42 PM

7,568 posts, read 5,818,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Not all Blue states are equal. PA is a blue state, but it is a far cry from California or Mass. Hell people in PA have no love for people from New Jersey or New York. They move here and then demand that everyone adapts to them.
The only reason PAis blue is because of all the money sucking entitlement leeches in Pittsburgh and Philly.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:35 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,227,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
and the OP never said that they were moving the company either.
So what does abandoning Maryland mean???

Staying??

Old 01-29-2014, 10:28 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,430,185 times
I still have a Beretta .32 Bobcat pistol w/ tip-up barrel hat I used for a while as a pocket gun. It was surprisingly accurate for a pocket gun. I think they make good stuff, although their POU generally doesn't seem to align w/ mine.

It was natural for Beretta to locate in the DC orbit, but as time goes on the price of liberalism far outweighs the price of travel and shipping.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:59 AM

46,445 posts, read 27,319,818 times
Quote:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, do you know the meaning of "Impoverished"?

So, them moving to Nashville, is going to make that area poor?

Quote:
1. reduced to poverty.

2. deprived of strength or vitality.

3. (of a country or region) having few trees, flowers, wild animals, etc.

impoverished - definition of impoverished by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:09 AM

57,399 posts, read 26,450,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
They're building in Sumner County in Tennessee. I lived in Sumner County years ago. Most definitely not an impoverished area.
Low cost area would have been a better choice of words, apologies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies