Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 11:06 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,868,697 times

Advertisements

I wonder how much the millions of dollars worth of drugs consumed every day has to do with all the mental illness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 02:45 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,713,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
They want us all to be "whacked out". That is how they earn their living. Nobody can suck it up and just live anymore they all have to blame somebody else for all their problems and go to see the shrink to cry and whine. Just pathetic.
I agree.

Look at the TV ads for crazy meds. There are even ads for crazy pills in case your current crazy pills aren't working well or fast enough. Supplement crazy pills. Unbelievable.

I know some folks who are genuinely nutso. I submit most of them got there because of the pills they take.

God Help Us!

Old 02-01-2014, 04:06 PM

2,025 posts, read 4,194,108 times
This is purely anecdotal, but here's my experience with anxiety and depression, surely covered if 25% of us have some sort of bats in the belfry. Most of the miilenials in my family are on some kind of medication, xanax, valium, adderol, we'd sit down for a family dinner or social function and the phone alarms go off, the pill bottles come out, it was like watching that episode of Dr Who with Cybermen and the bluetooth headsets. They don't seem to be any happier. All tuned to the same frequency and all being homogenized towards the same uniform outcome. And all of them vote democrat. True story.

The old Soviet Union used "psychiatry" as a tool to deal with those unruly individuals daring to think outside of the lines. We have heard plenty of warnings from literature about what happens when the authorities decide en masse what the populations state of mind should be and used "permanent socializing medication" to achieve that result. And we, clever people that we are, start early with the diagnosis of ADD and ADHD for any child that dares to show some personality. We fire up the ritalin and get the kids used to taking their meds every day, from there it's an easy leap to a lifetime of genteel physician approved drug addiction. And drowning in this sea of people who are anxious and depressed because life is "so hard" (seriously? Have they watched locusts eating their entire harvest lately? ) are those who truly do need help but end up waiting for an appointment because Buffy had a bad hair day and needs some valium right now!

25%? This country needs a good shake by the scruff of the neck. There are folks who need help, but f it is truly 25% and like some think, even more, we are in more trouble than even the zero hedge folks believe.

Last edited by GnomadAK; 02-01-2014 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: proofreading much? :)

Old 02-01-2014, 05:04 PM

804 posts, read 621,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Wow. That's a lot of people who are crazy.

One in four adults−approximately 61.5 million
Americans−experiences mental illness in a given
year. One in 17−about 13.6 million−live with a serious
mental illness such as schizophrenia, major depression
or bipolar disorder.

Wow. People be crazy.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...60444564,d.cWc

Yup. It gives gun control yet another valid reason.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:37 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,713,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
Life is increasingly more stressful and difficult. The average person is one paycheck or medical bill away from being hurled into the streets. Despite social networking and cell phones people are more fragmented and alone than ever before. Of course the pill pushers profit off making people believe they have this or that disorder.
Oh, for Pete's Sake! It was always that way. But back in my day, we had family and private charity to pick people up. They didn't go squawking and yelping to the government via MY tax dollars.

Cell phones make people crazier. Shoot, they don't even bother to turn the stupid things off in theaters anymore.

How about we tell them what my mother told me when I got crazy as a kid: SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!!

These days when someone refuses to make an effort, a new disease is born!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-02-2014 at 11:07 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 02-01-2014, 06:44 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,063,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Oh, for Pete's Sake! It was always that way. But back in my day, we had family and private charity to pick people up. They didn't go squawking and yelping to the government via MY tax dollars.

Cell phones make people crazier. Shoot, they don't even bother to turn the stupid things off in theaters anymore.

How about we tell them what my mother told me when I got crazy as a kid: SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!!

These days when someone refuses to make an effort, a new disease is born!
Yes in today's world nothing is anybody's fault anymore it is all blamed on something else...........gives everybody a crutch to do whatever the hell they want and get medicated if they want. It is beyond reason anymore but nobody seems to care they just roll on.........

Old 02-01-2014, 09:45 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,223,913 times
Quote:

or bipolar disorder.

Wow. People be crazy.
1 out of 4 seems about right. If I think about all the crazy co-workers, neighbors, internet posters, classmates, family members, and ex girlfriends it makes sense.

Theres a lot of crazy SOB's out there, be careful and watch your back

Old 02-01-2014, 10:04 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,350,695 times
Quote:

or bipolar disorder.

Wow. People be crazy.

Let's see, that means most applicants for a firearm id in Nj would be rejected..great way to get guns out of the hands of citizens..just broaden the definition of mentally ill and no one qualifies.

Oh my, everyone is a racist and everyone is mentally ill and Obama says the rich are out to get you.
"They're coming to take you away ha ha, ..They're coming to take you away ho ho..."

Old 02-02-2014, 01:15 AM

29,939 posts, read 25,069,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yes in today's world nothing is anybody's fault anymore it is all blamed on something else...........gives everybody a crutch to do whatever the hell they want and get medicated if they want. It is beyond reason anymore but nobody seems to care they just roll on.........
The truly sad thing is, there are people with mental illnesses who really do need help. There's nothing they can do to fix what's wrong, and these problems really do hinder their ability to function. Of course, we have a lot of other people who are just whiners and are not making an attempt to cope with their minor issues. These types make a big fuss over relatively nothing, and occupy all the resources available that should have been better allocated. The system is being drained by parasites of all different varieties.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-02-2014 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post and reply

Old 02-02-2014, 05:14 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,628,908 times
Hmmm? There are four of us living in our household.... I wonder which one of us is the whack job?

1 in 4 seems high for mental illness unless you count neuroses and then it seems low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies