Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 03:30 PM

24,517 posts, read 33,360,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yeah and frankly I can see how O'Reilly comes off disrespecting the office of the presidency. Of course Obama didn't help matters to sinking to his level.

Sign of the times I guess.
On the contrary, O'Reilly gave a huge amount of respect to the presidency. He could have insisted Obama answer his questions without blaming Fox News, but he didn't (out of respect to the presidency).

It has happened before... when O'Reilly interviewed Obama around the time he was inaugurated. O'Reilly asked him why he didn't know the Reverend at his church was making anti-American statements. Obama said he didn't hear them when he was at the church. O'Reilly didn't push it and went on to another question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 03:45 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,853,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
On the contrary, O'Reilly gave a huge amount of respect to the presidency. He could have insisted Obama answer his questions without blaming Fox News, but he didn't (out of respect to the presidency).

It has happened before... when O'Reilly interviewed Obama around the time he was inaugurated. O'Reilly asked him why he didn't know the Reverend at his church was making anti-American statements. Obama said he didn't hear them when he was at the church. O'Reilly didn't push it and went on to another question.
Part 3: Obama Discusses Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers, Daily Kos With O'Reilly | Fox News

OBAMA: But well, hold on a second. Let me make my point now. The Wright thing we've talked about. I joined a church to worship God, not a pastor. This whole notion that he was my spiritual mentor and all this stuff, this is something that I've consistently discussed. I had not heard him make the offensive comments that ended up being looped on this show constantly. And I was offended by them and ultimately…
O'REILLY: So you'd never heard those comments?
OBAMA: I hadn't heard those comments.

You know who I've heard make make "Anti-American" statements in Church?

"They asked if our own nation wasn’t using massive doses of violence to solve its problems, to bring about the changes it wanted. Their questions hit home, and I knew that I could never again raise my voice against the violence of the oppressed in the ghettos without having first spoken clearly to the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today: my own government. For the sake of those boys, for the sake of this government, for the sake of the hundreds of thousands trembling under our violence, I cannot be silent."

Old 02-04-2014, 01:15 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,470,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I thought, considering the short time he had to interview the President he did a good job. Obviously no one was a winner, but no one expected a winner. For the most part all Obama did was sit there with the dumb smirk (I hate) and say nothing.

Which Obama was his usual self, most of the time he says nothing. And just has the dumb smirk. In that short amount of time, he did a very fair job.

Don't think your going to get the truth from Obama, we don't get that even when he is not being drilled.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:20 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,541,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
President Obama kicked O'Reilly's arse.

No surprise that O'Reilly looked like the station he represents, a bumbling imbecile. He is a symbol of the dying and pathetic party of Dixie, the type of man that this society is moving away from. This country can no longer afford to be governed by the segment of white men who are bigoted.

By comparison, the nation's first black President not only looked like the greatest of Presidents, but he showed that he is simply a superior form of human being.

Kudos to President Obama. We have been fortunate to have this great man at the helm.
LOL, I am beginning to think you are really Mathews in disguise here. Obama is the perfect human being to you. GAG. "superior form of human being" Are you trying to outdo Mathews in the slobbering department?

Old 02-04-2014, 02:23 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,541,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
You have to give Bill credit since he is one of the few news people that dared ask Obama a tough question.
So true and Obama must think FOX news if powerful to keep these so called rumors going. He is afraid of FOX. It's the only media that can really ask him the tough questions. Of course, he will dodge but he can't hide forever.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:05 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,058,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
President Obama kicked O'Reilly's arse.

No surprise that O'Reilly looked like the station he represents, a bumbling imbecile. He is a symbol of the dying and pathetic party of Dixie, the type of man that this society is moving away from. This country can no longer afford to be governed by the segment of white men who are bigoted.

By comparison, the nation's first black President not only looked like the greatest of Presidents, but he showed that he is simply a superior form of human being.

Kudos to President Obama. We have been fortunate to have this great man at the helm.
Obama could've shot O'Reilly on air then denied the whole thing and you'd be here cheering about how honest he was and that the right wing news was just scaring up another phony scandal.

Pretty sad when a human with FLAWS (as all humans have) is held up as perfect and he himself BELIEVES it. It's even worse when that person is president.
Oh well, at least Obama believes what he's saying. I guess that's something.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:32 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,883,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Watch and listen again, Bob. O'Riely did not say that the tides were not caused by the moon. He did say that Silverman, an arrogant ass, couldn't explain it. Can you, Bob, explain gravity?

O'Reilly understands that God made the heavens and the earth, the moon and the sun, and that God makes the tides through the interaction of these bodies. He's not a stupid man.

But, gravity is something that science cannot explain. It is simply accepted.
Gravity cannot be explained???? OoooooKaaaay. I suppose the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, huh?

Old 02-04-2014, 07:46 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,436,003 times
As usual O didn't answer a single question, he continually dodges and misleads with everything he says. Its like asking a five year old if he stole the cookies.

What really gets me is that he keeps on talking about accountability but no one will hold him accountable for his mistakes. The question about fundamentally transforming the United States should have been backed up by video, everything the man says is in the public domain, we see it all the time (unfortunately) and yet he still gets away with claiming he didn't say that. Call him on it, make him view the recordings and then ask the questions ... holding a piece of paper and asking gives him the chance to lie his way out. Showing actual recordings and then asking the questions would hold him accountable.

Obama "Fundamentally Transforming the United States of America" - YouTube

Old 02-04-2014, 07:58 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,694,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I thought, considering the short time he had to interview the President he did a good job. Obviously no one was a winner, but no one expected a winner. For the most part all Obama did was sit there with the dumb smirk (I hate) and say nothing.
It's not as if anyone expected Obama to have a come to Jesus moment and suddenly start being honest and truthful.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:35 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,760,926 times
Where is this guy when you need him....

David Frost - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies