Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 11:59 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times

Advertisements

I have to agree, alot of mental instability over his way. Whatever happened to that kook anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 07:59 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing12 View Post
that is the Republican PR machine at work, anything to distract the voters from the facts, just like they make fun of Hillary for being a women, and Obama for sounding like Osama, that is the only way Republicans are able to get elected
That is hardly unique to the Republicans. Both sides engage in destructive campaigns against the other. The Dems have just lost at their own game lately.

Not to mention Deans Dem opponents had AT LEAST as much fun playing this over and over on tv as the Reps did.

Last edited by TXboomerang; 12-01-2007 at 08:13 AM..

Old 12-01-2007, 08:04 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
I have to agree, alot of mental instability over his way. Whatever happened to that kook anyway?
Ah, yes. Howard Dean. Spoiled rich kid with a hard-drinking frat-boy past, given a toy state to run as governor through his family's money and influence. Ran for Prez. Sound familiar?

Actually, today he's the Chairman of the Democratic National Commitee. But Hillary hates him, which is why you don't see much of him any more. You'll see even less if she gets elected.

Old 12-01-2007, 09:03 AM

1,197 posts, read 3,581,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing12 View Post
that is the Republican PR machine at work, anything to distract the voters from the facts, just like they make fun of Hillary for being a women, and Obama for sounding like Osama, that is the only way Republicans are able to get elected
You're right. Everything is the Republicans fault, GEEZ! Blame us for everything; Katrina, terrorism, immigration, abortion, high gas prices, climate change. Would you like for me to go on?
Dean was an idiot, plain and simple.. No one needed to distract the voters from the facts when that guy was around.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:11 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Ah, yes. Howard Dean. Spoiled rich kid with a hard-drinking frat-boy past, given a toy state to run as governor through his family's money and influence. Ran for Prez. Sound familiar?

Actually, today he's the Chairman of the Democratic National Commitee. But Hillary hates him, which is why you don't see much of him any more. You'll see even less if she gets elected.
Yes, interesting that he's a New Yorker through and through yet Vermont elected him. Sad for Vermont.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:23 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
Compilation of my favorite vids making fun of Howie:

YouTube - Billy the Bass meets Howard Dean

YouTube - Dean Reloaded!

YouTube - Howard Dean Travels the Nation

I agree it was a stupid reason for him to plummet from the race and disappear, but there were already plenty of other good reasons.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:27 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,660,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post

YouTube - Howard Dean

The scream heard round the world!

I really didn't like Howard Dean much at all, but its somewhat retarded that he was railroaded for getting a little too excited. The constant over and over replay of that scream was the very reason for his campaign crash.
I agree. I wasn't a Dean supporter, but that alleged "meltdown" of his looked more to me like a candidate being passionate and fired up. We need MORE, not less, of that. The way Dean got characterized by that clip was ridiculous.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:52 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post

I think you hit on something there. Hillary hated him so much, AND he was running against Gore, Hillary's friend. I'm not sure "the scream" had as much affect as "the she-devil".

Old 12-07-2007, 08:03 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I think you hit on something there. Hillary hated him so much, AND he was running against Gore, Hillary's friend. I'm not sure "the scream" had as much affect as "the she-devil".
Ha ha. Probably true. Obama had better watch his back.

Old 12-07-2007, 12:12 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,884,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Dean wasn't running against Gore. Gore ran in 2000, Dean in 2004. Besides Gore and H Clinton dislike eachother immensly. Gore resented the power she was granted in the B Clinton administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies