Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 07:47 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times

Advertisements

WOW.. I just figured it out.

Perhapse Republicans are healthier because they tend to have PRIVATE insurance vs Democrats who tend to have Medicare and Medicade.

That would explain the big push to put healthcare for all under the governmental control.. It would lower the mental health of individuals causing them to vote democrat..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2007, 08:28 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,456,246 times
They are healthier according to their version of reality. Just look at Dubya in his bubble.

Old 12-08-2007, 08:41 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,260,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Perhapse Republicans are healthier because they tend to have PRIVATE insurance vs Democrats who tend to have Medicare and Medicade.

That would explain the big push to put healthcare for all under the governmental control.. It would lower the mental health of individuals causing them to vote democrat..

Good point. And feel in control of their lives and understand they what they do with their talents and resources make a difference, and how hard they work. I have noticed some on the left make statements that they do not have control of their lives and they feel "oppressed" and can't get ahead etc. People who feel in control of their lives of course are going to be mentally healthier than those that do not.

Old 12-08-2007, 08:53 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
They are healthier according to their version of reality. Just look at Dubya in his bubble.

THAT's what made Democrats crazy

Old 12-08-2007, 10:27 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
More and more self described Conservative Republicans are feeling that same way towards Bush 43 as well.

Frankly; I see little or no difference between a moderate Republican and a mainstream Democrat------they are essentially the same aside from the labels.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:47 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,482,490 times
I see a lot of reference to 'loosers' these days. They don't sound like much of a sort. If there are any 'tighters' out there, I think I'd side up with you folks...

Old 12-08-2007, 12:09 PM

397 posts, read 264,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Good point. And feel in control of their lives and understand they what they do with their talents and resources make a difference, and how hard they work. I have noticed some on the left make statements that they do not have control of their lives and they feel "oppressed" and can't get ahead etc. People who feel in control of their lives of course are going to be mentally healthier than those that do not.

I agree, Republicans are the oppresors and the Democrats are the ones who are trying to make a difference, it might make sense why Republicans appear to be mentally healthier

Old 12-08-2007, 12:14 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,260,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing12 View Post
I agree, Republicans are the oppresors and the Democrats are the ones who are trying to make a difference, it might make sense why Republicans appear to be mentally healthier
Care to give an example of how "Republicans are the oppressors?"

Old 12-08-2007, 12:16 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,796,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
I see a lot of reference to 'loosers' these days. They don't sound like much of a sort. If there are any 'tighters' out there, I think I'd side up with you folks...
Apparently there is not a high correlation between a healthy state of mind and proper grammar...

Old 12-08-2007, 12:18 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,124,664 times
I'm so glad I saw that little smile face cuz otherwise I'd wonder how you made this comparison. It would be interesting to know who has what you call private insurance, and who has subsidized health care. Subsidized by employers, I'd say, and not the government. I don't believe anyone can get Medicare or Medicaid program relief unless they are age and/or income-eligible. Further, I don't believe the forms for these programs include a question about one's political party affiliation.

As for mental health perhaps if you have sufficient health care insurance, one's visits to a medical health provider is included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies