Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 04:46 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,098,633 times

Advertisements

I don't know if I have an answer to this question. But I will say this it just seems like our government, congress finds new revenue streams for more taxes and more taxes. I feel like Gary Johnson had a good solution use a consumption tax and that would be it. I don't mind paying taxes for roads and schools and parks but when you get taxed on your cell phone bill to subsidize other people for free cells phones, come on, WTF? Pisses me off and makes my blood boil. I feel as a citizen who barely made about 20,000 last yer after taxes that I paid too much in taxes. I want accountability for all my taxes paid in or a demand a greater refund. I don't want my taxes paying foreign aid to enemies of the US. I don't want my taxes bailing out major corporations for making bad mistakes and then running to their buddies in congress to get bailouts. WTF? I remember Nancy Pelosi saying we have to pass the stimulus to find out what is in it. WTF? Stop the insanity and madness, no new taxes.

Charlie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 06:43 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Capitation tax. Everyone pays the same amount. If anyone can't afford it because they've screwed up their own life, too bad.

In that case, governemt has no business imposing laws and regulations which drive up the cost of living for taxpayers. Which means a boatload of rules would have to be tossed. Good luck!

Old 02-22-2014, 08:14 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
As long as you keep suggesting tax systems that take more from people than they get back from government, or give to people less than they pay in for, you're NEVER going to arrive at a scheme that people can agree is "fair".

Old 02-22-2014, 08:30 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,778,165 times
Haph!!!

Old 02-23-2014, 12:17 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdude_Charlie View Post
I don't know if I have an answer to this question. But I will say this it just seems like our government, congress finds new revenue streams for more taxes and more taxes. I feel like Gary Johnson had a good solution use a consumption tax and that would be it. I don't mind paying taxes for roads and schools and parks but when you get taxed on your cell phone bill to subsidize other people for free cells phones, come on, WTF? Pisses me off and makes my blood boil. I feel as a citizen who barely made about 20,000 last yer after taxes that I paid too much in taxes. I want accountability for all my taxes paid in or a demand a greater refund. I don't want my taxes paying foreign aid to enemies of the US. I don't want my taxes bailing out major corporations for making bad mistakes and then running to their buddies in congress to get bailouts. WTF? I remember Nancy Pelosi saying we have to pass the stimulus to find out what is in it. WTF? Stop the insanity and madness, no new taxes.

Charlie.

Except that every consumption tax I've seen has loopholes large enough to drive a McMansion through.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:43 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
In that case, governemt has no business imposing laws and regulations which drive up the cost of living for taxpayers. Which means a boatload of rules would have to be tossed. Good luck!
Yep. That's exactly what has to happen.

And don't go into your home-buying rant. If you hadn't defaulted on your student loans and had actually planned to earn a degree in a field with marketable skills, you could easily buy one. You f*cked up. That's on you, not on anyone else. Live and learn. You had to learn the hard way.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:44 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
As long as you keep suggesting tax systems that take more from people than they get back from government, or give to people less than they pay in for, you're NEVER going to arrive at a scheme that people can agree is "fair".
Exactly.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:20 PM

275 posts, read 193,174 times
Obama had to be laughing his ass off at people who bought into his tax the rich scam.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:10 PM

7,503 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isee-you View Post
Obama had to be laughing his ass off at people who bought into his tax the rich scam.
No kidding he even had Buffet involved in that B.S. and here we are 6 years later and nothing from Dear Leader yet the mindless Obama drones keep following the bread crumbs.. Dear Leader will NEVER bite the hand that feeds him like Obama drones will never bite the hand that feeds them.. The whole house of cards goes like this

The rich feed Obama... Obama feeds the entitlement crowd.. The entitlement crowd continues to vote for entitlements... the working class continues to get screwed..

Sound about right?

Old 02-23-2014, 04:36 PM

275 posts, read 193,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
No kidding he even had Buffet involved in that B.S. and here we are 6 years later and nothing from Dear Leader yet the mindless Obama drones keep following the bread crumbs.. Dear Leader will NEVER bite the hand that feeds him like Obama drones will never bite the hand that feeds them.. The whole house of cards goes like this

The rich feed Obama... Obama feeds the entitlement crowd.. The entitlement crowd continues to vote for entitlements... the working class continues to get screwed..

Sound about right?
Yep, the middle class are getting screwed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies