Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2014, 08:55 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,974,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
When are we going to be letting nature look for equilibrium when we have so many Banksters and Corporate Heads calling the shots in our government?
don't let the government call the shots, and the problem is solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I looked and I even calculated all the taxes and fees I pay. 35% of my income goes to all sorts of taxes. Counting medical insurance premiums me and my employer pay it's close to 45%, counting some unlucky years I have to use overpriced medical services, it's way more than 45%. I spoke to a Norwegians, Sweedes and Germans. They pay 50% in taxes +/-, they have universal health care, very affordable higher education, ridiculously long vacations, paid 1 year maternity leave, etc., etc., etc., etc. And yes, they have unemployed, permanently unemployable welfare class, they pay for medical care of illegal immigrants too. This constant bashing of the poor and unemployed who supposedly ate my cake is ridiculous at best. You know very well where it all flows and who gets lion' share of the loot, and, no, it's not bottom 40% of Americans who collectively own 1% of nation' wealth and 3% of nation' income (+/-).

To become a "producer" you need to accomplish a few "minor" things first, don't you think? Like, denying "non producers" access to resources, land, shelter, etc., etc. they need to survive. Dispossession and denial the right to exist is a must for the employment based economies that run on behalf of a few one up the food chain. I don't want to support able bodied men or women either, if corporations and owners of means have no use for their labor, available meaningful labor should be split among all the people. Contrary to the popular myths, modern work place is extremely dumbed down and deskilled, it takes very little time to train a semi-intelligent body to do most of the jobs out there. I would rather have my work hours cut to accommodate those without jobs than to work obscene amount of hours and pay for their survival basics. I believe that right to exist (i.e. a right for work in our "civilized" case) is a basic human right, no stinking "free" market and its stakeholders can deny it.

LOL!!!

Trying to set the rules to live by political dogma, rather than reality.

You actually think that stealing from the producers is how everyone becomes prosperous. The gullibility one must have to believe this is mind blowing.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Ah yes because the extremist right winger only thinks liberals run the government.

And you are a big cheerleader when it comes to the race to the bottom.
And you are completely divorced from thought, reason, and reality.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I am sure plenty of right wingers would love to see low wage jobs returning to the US where corporations can just exploit Americans
You explain how you force someone to get into business to lose money.

Please.

Then I'll explain how you end an economy.

Until you comprehend that profits must be made, and that the incentive of profits is what makes EVERYTHING work (and removing it will mean NOTHING WORKS), then you have no possibility of grasping the utter stupidity of everything you say.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:02 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
That's because government subsidizes them.
There can be no discussion then on dropping minimum wage until the Banksters on Wall Street and Captains of Industry's are booted out of the government along with their lobbyists on the outside.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
There can be no discussion then on dropping minimum wage until the Banksters on Wall Street and Captains of Industry's are booted out of the government along with their lobbyists on the outside.
If we restore the integrity of our federal government, there will be no minimum wage set by it, nor will there be any industry controlling it or us. And by integrity, I mean the rule of law - that being the Constitution.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
don't let the government call the shots, and the problem is solved.

And the Government and their cronies would put an end to this for what reason?
The Average American does not stand a chance in putting in anyone to put a stop to this when you practically need to be one of the top elite or backed by the elite to get in.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
And the Government and their cronies would put an end to this for what reason?
What on earth are you asking?

Quote:
The Average American does not stand a chance in putting in anyone to put a stop to this when you practically need to be one of the top elite or backed by the elite to get in.
Get what?

I simply have no idea what you're arguing.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:17 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,595,991 times
Quote:
They're not "cheaper". You don't comprehend the difference between cost and price.
Nope, it's you don't comprehend that you can get done $12,000 surgery for as little as $1000 in a private European clinics without you having European insurance and stuff. You defending outrageous rip offs American medical profession got accustomed to has no basis in the rational thought.

Quote:
No, they do not. They ration it very stringently because they don't have the money to pay for it. They are broke and rationing care.
Really, last time I was waiting for more than 1 month to see fake smile of a doctor and listen bunch of banalities for hefty fee. Does it mean that private American medical biz is rationing care?

Quote:
Since you don't comprehend how or why there is a fictional $20 band-aid, it's impossible for you to comprehend any answer, since it will not be in your intellectual universe.
Since you don't comprehend that I can sell you a bottle of water for $10,000 if you are dying of thirst in desert, you will never understand why medical biz can charge obscene fees you defend. Because they can, because your life and well being is at stake. It's not a matter of Economics 101, even though government granted medical monopolies enable medical racket to great extent.

Quote:
I'm intimately aquainted with them. And you're entirely wrong.
Last time I was to an emergency room (empty, EMPTY, no lines of illegals and unemployed bums waiting for care), we spent 45 secons with a nurse, 30 seconds with a doctor on duty (it's a realistic estimates, it's not a joke) and 30 MINUTES with a billing person. $1,200 total bill, not even an aspirin pill with that. Magic of free market care. Last time I was stupid enough to order a basic blood test at a "community" rip off hospital, they charged me $1,100 for a test LabCorp would do for $60. Have a shot on it, tell me that illegals are behind this outrageous mark up.

Quote:
It is an EMERGENCY room, very specialized and very costly to maintain.
You know they have emergency rooms around the world, even in the poorer countries. Setting a broken arm doesn't take lots of super-specialized equipment nor it costs an arm and leg, or anything for that matter. Those countries can afford that, not here. If medical biz can't provide basic emergency services, third world can provide, the services requiring minimum equipment at a reasonable price, if they can't puncture a vein for less than $20 maybe they are in the wrong line of business, racket would suit them so much more.

Quote:
Why do you think I owe them?
Why do you think they owe you anything?

Old 02-15-2014, 09:19 PM

Quote:
What on earth are you asking?

Get what?

I simply have no idea what you're arguing.

You said don't let them (government) call the shots.

This is how it works in this country.
Big Banks and Mega Corporations buy politicians to serve them and/or put them in office.
They write their own policies to hand off to their bought and paid for politicians.
The politicians pass the policies to see what is in them since they have already been paid upfront.

Why do you think the Bankers, Heads of Corporations and their puppet politicians would put a stop to this lucrative arrangement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies