Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2014, 09:46 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,974,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
It is very relevant and in your face.
Medical Costs have continued to rise as wages fall and stagnate.
Both are precisely the results of government attempting to regulate and control. This is no mystery.

Quote:
Big Pharma / Insurance / Healthcare do not want to take a paycut and want everyone else to prop them up and voila Obamacare. The top Lobbyists.
So? don't let government regulate or spend money on ANY of it. Problem solved.

Health $5,879,531,936

Quote:
Wall Street reckless Greed nearly destroyed the economy in 2008 by trying to pass their fradulent derivatives on to everyone else. They did not believe in being responsible with risk and wanted to pass it on to others. They tell Government, Bail us out or else.
I'm sorry, the government was itself the largest originator of bad securities. Think Fannie and Freddie.

Quote:
Both are doing quite well BECAUSE of Government by taking from us and giving it to themselves.
Normally, self empowered greed and lust for taxpayer's money is at least short term profitable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:
That is not how it works with me.
It is not just about my money but other people's money they are stealing from my fellow American's

Just like a crooked politician or Robber, they need to go the way of the dodo bird.
You do not have a problem with these thieves but I do.
Hmmm? If you don't give them your money and I don't, and nobody else does...

They cease to be an issue.

Why is that such a bad idea to you?

Old 02-15-2014, 09:55 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
So? don't let government regulate or spend money on ANY of it. Problem solved.
The problem is not solved as long as politicians are bought and paid for and put in place by those with money at the top. You seem to think that politicians are operating in a vacuum. They are put there for a reason and it is not for the best interests of all Americans.

Tell me, do you think that terrorists and their financial backers are both culpable, or should we only be going after the terrorists?

Quote:
I'm sorry, the government was itself the largest originator of bad securities. Think Fannie and Freddie.

JP Morgan was the creator of Credit Derivatives in which they sliced and diced good and bad loans together, then sold off to others so they would no longer be holding the bag. They had no skin in the game nor responsibility so they and many other top banks lobbied government to ease lending standards because investors could not get enough of their fraudulent instruments.

JP Morgan dumped a lot of the toxic instruments on to the tax payers via Freddie and Fannie Mac.

To this day, we are still paying for it, where the government buys these worthless CDS for market prices they would have gotten pre 2008
A lot of the Wall Street Banks TBTF should be gone, but again, they own the government.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:56 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,750,634 times
If we had no minimum wage, business would be paying the lowest possible. Virtually, we'd be working for one dollar an hour.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Hmmm? If you don't give them your money and I don't, and nobody else does...

They cease to be an issue.

Why is that such a bad idea to you?
I am just one person and don't have the power of collusion and collective planning like the leeches and parasites that exist in the Big Banks and Government.

Sorry, but that is a tired old meme that does not work.
If anything, when they are to big to fail, they run to the government to prop them up when it is not working out for them.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:02 PM

Quote:
The problem is not solved as long as politicians are bought and paid for and put in place by those with money at the top. You seem to think that politicians are operating in a vacuum. They are put there for a reason and it is not for the best interests of all Americans.
When politicians cannot grant favors, there will be no reason to purchase them.

Quote:
Tell me, do you think that terrorists and their financial backers are both culpable, or should we only be going after the terrorists?
I'm not understanding the difference.

Quote:
JP Morgan was the creator of Credit Derivatives in which they sliced and diced good and bad loans together, then sold off to others so they would no longer be holding the bag. They had no skin in the game nor responsibility so they and many other top banks lobbied government to ease lending standards because investors could not get enough of their fraudulent instruments.
Been reading some revised history, have you?

J
Quote:
P Morgan dumped a lot of the toxic instruments on to the tax payers via Freddie and Fannie Mac.
Ummm... F and F agressively pursued bad loans. Don't blame JP Morgan for trying to profit from what was dumped in their lap. Blame them for being stupid if you like or greedy, if you like, but the real culprits in ALL this was our Congress and federal government.

A
Quote:
lot of the Wall Street Banks TBTF should be gone, but again, they own the government.
No, they don't. But politicians, being the fools they are, love TBTF.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
If we had no minimum wage, business would be paying the lowest possible. Virtually, we'd be working for one dollar an hour.
Fortunately, the virtual world is imaginary.

In the real world, you're entirely wrong.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
When politicians cannot grant favors, there will be no reason to purchase them.

I'm not understanding the difference.
I don't see the difference either between politicians and Bankers and Heads of Industries that exist in a cozy little circle. Heads of Major Corporations or Bankers go into politics to help their cronies out who then have a nice cushy job waiting for them when they get out.

Here is one example

Windfalls for Wall Street Executives Taking Jobs in Government

Windfalls for Wall Street Executives Taking Jobs in Government

Quote:
People usually say they go into government to perform public service. If they came from Wall Street, however, their former employers often provide another service.

Banks, including JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, all have provisions that allow acceleration of payments owed to senior executives if they take government jobs, a new study finds.

Such a benefit was highlighted recently during the confirmation hearing for Jacob J. Lew as Treasury secretary. His previous employer, Citigroup, had guaranteed him preferential financial treatment if he were to leave to take a job in the government. When Mr. Lew left Citigroup he held stock that he could not immediately cash worth as much as $500,000, according to a government filing.

"These companies seem to be giving a special deal to executives who become government officials," says the study, to be released Thursday by the Project on Government Oversight. "In exchange, the companies may end up with friends in high places who understand their business, sympathize with it, and can craft policies in its favor."

There is nothing revised about it. The Big Wall Street Banks are in it for their own well being over the bests interests of the Nation. There is nothing wrong with that, until they have enough power to basically own our government. They need to be thrown out. Glass Steagal, Lax Lending Standards and so on, were roadblocks they chopped down in the pursuit of more profits.

Look at them now, pawning off worthless instruments for 2008 prices with their puppets in the FED.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:21 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
You explain how you force someone to get into business to lose money.

Please.

Then I'll explain how you end an economy.

Until you comprehend that profits must be made, and that the incentive of profits is what makes EVERYTHING work (and removing it will mean NOTHING WORKS), then you have no possibility of grasping the utter stupidity of everything you say.
Oh I am sure you would be willing to work for below minimum wage to get back manufacturing jobs, wouldn't you love to be more like China.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:48 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,595,991 times
Quote:
LOL!!!

Trying to set the rules to live by political dogma, rather than reality.

You actually think that stealing from the producers is how everyone becomes prosperous. The gullibility one must have to believe this is mind blowing.
One of these years "producers" may kick you to a curb, if lucky you'd be contained in a trailer park concentration facility for the excess "non - producers". Re-read my message you replied to then, you would see the point. You will not set the rules though and you'll live by political dogma that denies unconditional access to survival basics to trailer park excess in the name of "prosperity" that "producers" generate. Two hundreds years ago surviving Indian non-producers were removed from their land, their non productive ways didn't fit in a new reality of paupers and "producers" parasitizing on new reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies