Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 03:01 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,417,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
So then the BLACK race should wake up and start changing their ways. If i dress up like a thug or gangsta the same thing will happen to me regardless of my color. I see a lot of older adult blacks that still act rude , ghetto , lazy , and act like someone that is NOT black owes them something. I see a lot of older blacks dress up like a thug or gangsta. The majority of black people pick this lifestyle and that is the problem. Black people need to get out of this mentality of trying to be different then everyone else and leave all the race card racist BS behind. Majority of the time on the news you will see a black suspect. These are just a few things the black community should consider looking at.

I am a white male , but look puerto rican to some and italian to others. When i was in my younger days i was involved with the wrong people and was in the whole " thug " lifestyle. So yes i know what its like to be treated differently , but now i have done a 360 in life many years ago and have had no issues with anything.
Show me a statistic or a count where the majority of black people act the way you are describing them? Then you wonder why people label you a racist -.-

The problem with this country is that to much spotlight isn't given to black thugs which allows you closet racist to speak.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:02 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
That's because there was a far better chance that he was just a guy who locked his keys in his car.

For the record, if I saw that black guy doing the same thing I would think that he also locked his keys in his car. In fact, I might help him.
There was not a far better chance...

You are not understanding the fact that arrests of black people are greater because policing of black people is much greater than that of whites. This has been true for decades even back when white people had state sponsored terrorism and racism and government turned a blind eye to mobs of white people killing black people in this country. Even during that period there was the stereotype of the black criminal.

This is a false social construct created by skewed statistics. Due to the fact that there are 6 times as many white people in this country and that organized, the drug trade, and all sorts of ills are controlled by whites of many different varieties goes to show that it is NOT a far better chance that the black man was a criminal.

How often do you watch Dateline and the white guy criminal is described as "He was an All American Guy" "No one would ever suspect..." No one suspects because the guy is white . The police are less likely to question him because he is white. People on the street will be less likely to report him as suspicious or conducting criminal acts because he is white. But that doesn't negate the fact that he committed a crime and is a criminal.

It is good that you would look at a black man in the same capacity as a white man in that situation, but most people would not as is shown on the video samples in this thread.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:02 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
I've noticed that these types of videos tend to frame stunts like this into stark black and white context. They forget everybody else that plays a role in society: hispanics, muslims, jews, asians, indians, and a host of other groups that racists forget to include in their racist experiments in order to prove how racist white people are; all the while while completely invalidating a large portion of the US population.

Quote:
White privilege is alive and well, ask Michael Dunn.
Or you could ask Kelly Thomas.

Last edited by renault; 02-20-2014 at 03:30 PM..

Old 02-20-2014, 03:03 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
In regards to #1, I am asserting that. If white people were heavily scrutinized like blacks, especially based on the fact that white people use drugs at a MUCH higher rate than other ethnicities in this country and drug addicts commit a ton of crimes.

2 - I don't know any black person that calls themselves an "Afro" American lol. Also I love my black American culture. As stated in another thread - black people have basically created American culture, we are not all that different from other Americans. Black people do emphasize education, which is why our educational achievement has increased more than any other demographic in this country since the end of state sponsored racism back in the 1960s. Two parent families are decreasing for all Americans not just black. Crime in black neighborhoods and predominately black cities has decreased more than other non-urban areas since the 1970s. Crime is the lowest it has been in decades. You should give us kudos for all the positive changes that we have made in education, economically, and in decreasing crime......waiting.....

3. Presuming a black man is a criminal IS racist! As stated earlier - statistics are based upon arrest, blacks are scrutinized and arrested more than whites even though we statistically are not likely to use drugs and drugs cause a lot of crime. In our country there should be at least 3 times more white people in jail based on drug use alone.

FWIW, I challenge you to come to my own neighborhood. I live in an area called "the bluff" in Atlanta. There is a movie called "Snow in da Bluff" that depicts what life used to be like in my neighborhood on Netflix. I know a lot of the people in the movie BTW. If you walk through as a white person, no one will bother you. White people walk through my neighborhood all the time. The white guys are usually asked if they want some drugs as my neighborhood is known as a heroine neighborhood and white people overwhelmingly use heroine. That would be about the only trouble you would get.

As an aside, I was speaking to a white guy who is a community advocate who told me and others he took a driving tour through our neighborhood. He was approached by people on the street, when he rolled down his window, he was asked if he was lost because he didn't look like he belonged around here!

The fact of you saying that walking in Harlem or Watts would put you in danger is proof of your racist, prejudicial attitudes.

Sadly, guys like you are the problem with the black community and the reason, for the time being, that we can expect no changes in black education levels, unemployment, and crime.

Why? Unless you are able to admit that there is a problem, you will never be able to correct the problem.

1. It is outrageous (yet expected) that you would suggest that the 14X disparity in murder incidence among blacks is simply due to "racism" by the police and has nothing to do with the actual incidence of black murder rates! Now..................... a fractional percentage, I could buy. However 14X???!?!
This is simply an inability on your part to recognize and accept that blacks commit more crimes. Blame is easy- introspection is hard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_an..._United_States

Here is what a black judge thinks about black crime in your home- Atlanta

http://stuffblackpeopledontlike.blog...virtually.html

2. American culture is definately not black culture. Where I live, we have very few blacks. Our "culture" has nothing to do with black culture- we are predominantly german/scandanavian descent and have a northern european work ethic. Perhaps if the black culture embraced this work ethic, there would be fewer problems. Our region of the nation is very prosperous as a result of this 'culture". How is yours?

3. Blacks have a higher incidence of single parent families. If you cannot accept this, you simply will refute any facts and statistics that do not fit your world view.

http://datacenter.kidscount.org/data...13,185/432,431

4. Blacks consistently score lower on standardized tests. This is due to economic and cultural issues. However, one cannot continually demand a lower level of expectations and achievement among blacks. If one does so, you will always get just that- lower levels of achievement. Wake up- instead of pining for a career in the NBA or NFL, perhaps black families should be focusing on sending their kids to college to be engineers or computer science majors.

http://www.jbhe.com/features/49_coll...ions-test.html

Change starts with you. Try to take responsibility, take some action, and stop with the victim routine. It is tiresome, produces no results, and resigns one to certain failure.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:06 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,612 times
Quote:
O really now ? Ever been to Camden or Newark, NJ ? Look at Chicago's crime.... Just saying.

Your problem is that your still thinking about a time you didnt participate in so why are you talking about the first days of slavery ? When are you gonna give up the race card ?
Again, looking at arrests means NOTHING when you are faced with a video that shows of 2 criminals only 1 would get arrested and that person would be the black guy.

I've never thought that black men were prone to violence, so there's nothing to "stop" thinking about. Tell the folks in your white community because that's where the problem is when it comes to being afraid of black people.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:10 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Show me a statistic or a count where the majority of black people act the way you are describing them? Then you wonder why people label you a racist -.-

The problem with this country is that to much spotlight isn't given to black thugs which allows you closet racist to speak.
Simple , most of the black people that are arrested are in that "thug lifestyle" or gang related.

Now as for my own personal experience , it is just that.Again , take a walk down in Newark , Camden, Irvington , and the Orange of NJ and you will see what i am talking about. Who said i was racist ? lol maybe you did since thats your mentality. Dont be mad at me that factual statistics and your own community ruin it for everyone else. Also , the black community has too many " wanna be " thugs and they try to hard which i find pretty comical lol so that ruins it for the rest of you guys.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:14 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,612 times
Quote:
Simple , most of the black people that are arrested are in that "thug lifestyle" or gang related.

Now as for my own personal experience , it is just that.Again , take a walk down in Newark , Camden, Irvington , and the Orange of NJ and you will see what i am talking about. Who said i was racist ? lol maybe you did since thats your mentality. Dont be mad at me that factual statistics and your own community ruin it for everyone else. Also , the black community has too many " wanna be " thugs and they try to hard which i find pretty comical lol so that ruins it for the rest of you guys.
That does not prove that MOST black people are criminals. Only that most criminals are thugs. Not exactly rocket science.

I grew up in the hood (and am there more often than I really want to be). Plenty of white folks there. In fact, due to gentrification in DC, whites are often living right next door to low income black people. The idea that whites can't walk in black neighborhoods is false. In fact, they are the drug dealers' best customers.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:21 PM

No they don't because the majority of blacks are not criminals. Leave your house more. I go to john Jay college in manhattan where the majority of students are black and Hispanic. By your logic most of my college should of been white since most of us blacks are thugs.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Let me ask you this, what race usually owns most 7-11 stores? Hindus right ? Its a known fact or statistic that majority of the owners are hindu , but you have some owners that are not.

Majority of the black race is known for crimes/violence but you have a small amount that dont follow in those footsteps .Thats the point.

Take 10 white guys and throw them in a business suit walking late at night , nobody would pay attention to them.

Now take those same 10 white guys , throw some hoodies on them , sag their pants , talk and act ghetto late at night and see how fast a cop will harass them.

There will always be racism , and that happens to all races. The black community is always quick and the first ones to throw around the card due to past history. People need to get over things in the past and live in the future.
Nope the majority of blacks are not criminals and you have no type if evidence that shows a raw number of over 50 percent of the black community involved in a criminal act.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:26 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
That does not prove that MOST black people are criminals. Only that most criminals are thugs. Not exactly rocket science.

I grew up in the hood (and am there more often than I really want to be). Plenty of white folks there. In fact, due to gentrification in DC, whites are often living right next door to low income black people. The idea that whites can't walk in black neighborhoods is false. In fact, they are the drug dealers' best customers.
Okay then you can go argue with the race statistics of crimes and not me.

I never said anything about anyone walking down a street. DC a ghetto? LOL seriously, wake up. I dont live in a all white community actually , i live in a middle class area with lots of diversity but you can keep assuming what you like since you dont like my answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies