Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 11:23 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,838,522 times

Advertisements

Black Guy Breaks Into A Car - YouTube

Videos like these further validate that racism in America is structural and embedded into the fiber of its institutions, which means there is no such thing as equal justice. White privilege is alive and well, ask Michael Dunn.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:32 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,301,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post

Videos like these further validate that racism in America is structural and embedded into the fiber of its institutions, which means there is no such thing as equal justice. White privilege is alive and well, ask Michael Dunn.
Of course this is the reality, but it doesn't matter to a lot of people.

Look, I can't speak for anyone but myself and my experiences, but I can remember the day I went from being viewed as a little boy, to a threat by the public at large as a teenager.

The bottom-line is that America views black people generally negatively and black men the most negatively and many are afraid of us.

Anecdotal evidence, but I have had many white male co-workers over the years say to me they were intimidated when they first saw me, thought I might be blah, blah, blah, basically they were afraid of me on sight. Lord knows what other negative stuff they think.

This is what I've had to deal with and this is what many black men have to deal with especially when you are in your teen years to early 30's.

This nation and many of the people in it tell black boys, black male teenagers, black men, we are terrified of you, view you as a criminal, and don't want you around.

Last edited by Iamme73; 02-19-2014 at 11:44 PM..

Old 02-19-2014, 11:36 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,301,101 times
Oh yeah and that dude is lucky he didn't get shot. The police are terrified of black men. Again the more afraid a person is when they confront someone, the more likely that person is to use aggressive and violent force over minor movements and reactions.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:49 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,210,510 times
The reason why these types of propaganda stunts are useless is.....

It's impossible to have any kind of control or rigidity. It's all anecdotal and therefore.....trash.

You can't use the same subject that saw the white or black person...it has to be two different people with two different perceptions

/thread

Old 02-20-2014, 01:14 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,363,255 times
So they used a 140 white computer geek and a 220 llb black fellow dressed as a thug, and it still took an entire day to capture a few dirty looks and one disgruntled cop.
Nice.
Hope their parents didnt have to pay for their education lol.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:37 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,210,510 times
All day, different locations and blatant editing lol...

For all we know the white dude was stopped.

The level of FAIL in this thread is unparalleled. To top it off, it went viral. Which only exemplifies the level of ineptitude of the social media masses.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:28 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,043,981 times
It must be really hard living your life every day looking for a way to make yourself a victim.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:44 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times
They should of done it in a different location... it looks like the store front people saw the white guy do it on the same car and then a black guy doing it on the same car... although I do think there is institutionalized racism, I think this was a poorly setup example...

Old 02-20-2014, 05:46 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post

The reason the cop reacted the way he did, is because he deals with ghetto young black males all day long, who usually carry guns. Being that young black males commit a disproportionate amount of crime(whatever the reason) The reaction to the black male is natural for the cop, even a black cop! This video does not prove anything other than there is a problem with young black males to some degree and the cops have no way of knowing the difference. I would have like to have seen the rest of the video where the black guy proves ownership of the car and the cop apologizes.

Last edited by Ghostrider275452; 02-20-2014 at 05:47 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-20-2014, 05:52 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
The reason the cop reacted the way he did, is because he deals with ghetto young black males all day long, who usually carry guns. Being that young black males commit a disproportionate amount of crime(whatever the reason) The reaction to the black male is natural for the cop, even a black cop! This video does not prove anything other than there is a problem with young black males to some degree and the cops have no way of knowing the difference. I would have like to have seen the rest of the video where the black guy proves ownership of the car and the cop apologizes.
here is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.... After all we have been through. Just to think we can't walk down our own streets, how humiliating.
Remarks at a meeting of Operation PUSH in Chicago (27 November 1993). Quoted in "Crime: New Frontier - Jesse Jackson Calls It Top Civil-Rights Issue" by Mary A. Johnson, 29 November 1993, Chicago Sun-Times (ellipsis in original). Partially quoted in US News & World Report (10 March 1996)

Jesse Jackson - Wikiquote

Agreed.

Black dudes PROFILE other Black dudes too. Till that stops; I'm real tired of how some Black dudes are mad because many of us white people do just that. Looking at what Mr Jackson said: there are some real GOOD reasons here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies