Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 08:19 AM

73,002 posts, read 62,578,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
The cop arrested the black guy because using his "professional judgement and training" he did not thing the black guy would own such an ugly car.
If the cop was using professional judgment, he would have arrested the White guy as well. He too was committing a crime. If you do the crime, you do the time, no matter what race you are. Can you refute that the White guy breaking into the car was also committing a crime? If you can't, but you try to argue in favor of the cop being harsher on the Black criminal, then all this proves is that your own racial bias.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:28 AM

2,737 posts, read 3,163,693 times
To be honest it's not always racial profiling, it's how someone presents themselves.

Given these two subjects in my country, I know which one I would think was trying to steal the car if the experiment was repeated.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:30 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I like how the first cop drove by the first guy..and the second cop was all over the second guy like "White on Rice".
And with such aggressive language: "Let me see your f&*Cing hands". He handcuffs the guy and then asks him if it's his car.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamford View Post
To be honest it's not always racial profiling, it's how someone presents themselves.

Given these two subjects in my country, I know which one I would think was trying to steal the car if the experiment was repeated.
But it still does not refute the fact that if that person wearing that suit were to try a steal a car, then said person should be arrested, period. If a White guy does it, it should be the same reaction. If anyone commits a crime, said person should be arrested. If anyone tries to break into a car, then the reaction should be an arrest, no matter who is doing it.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Why is this the case?

Blacks commit more crimes proportionally than whites.

Want to change the perception of the people in the video? Tell the black community to stop committing so many crimes. Perhaps when and if this occurs, public perception would change.

If one was swimming and saw a carp, vs a great white shark, approaching you, which one would worry you most?
Actually, this thread shows that blacks and whites possibly commit the SAME level of crimes, but because blacks are scrutinized more, they get caught more. This video makes that plenty plain. If this were a real crime, the white guy would be just as criminal as the black guy, except he would get away with his crime.

We see this happening in the drug world. Drug use/selling is RAMPANT among white people, but it's the brown/black folks taking up space in our prisons.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
That word is key there. Ive worked with and met a lot of black individuals that are actually from other countries, unlike the ones that go around touting how they are African American. And they mostly seem to be completely different than American born blacks, in a good way. They largely dont have this sense of victimhood or entitlement.

"African Americans" sure could learn a few things from other people of color who come here from other countries, and not just black people, but other races as well.
African Americans learned how to be violent from white people. Who says we couldn't learn?!

Old 02-20-2014, 08:36 AM

2,737 posts, read 3,163,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
But it still does not refute the fact that if that person wearing that suit were to try a steal a car, then said person should be arrested, period. If a White guy does it, it should be the same reaction. If anyone commits a crime, said person should be arrested. If anyone tries to break into a car, then the reaction should be an arrest, no matter who is doing it.
I don't agree in terms of my country the UK there has been a demonisation of the White Working Class and the whole Chav Hoody culture. I think a young male acting suspiciously around an expensive car in the UK would attract attention no matter what the colour of his skin.

Chavs: The Demonization of the Working Class by Owen Jones

The demonisation of the white working class

By contrast black culture is embraced and looked up to, as being cool and is even imitated by young white people. As for the British Police I should imagine they have been on that many racism awareness courses and no the concerns raised at stopping black people, that they only do so as a last resort. I personally think the police in most countries would pay as much attention to a white working class kid as they would a black kid attempting to break in to a car with a coat hanger, especially in big cities.

Perhaps in a predominantly white middle class area, the site of a black male trying to break in a car would raise eyebrows, but then again so would a white working class kid covered in jewellery and tattoos and sporting a hoody or burberry cap.

Last edited by Bamford; 02-20-2014 at 08:48 AM..

Old 02-20-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
So what if that police officer deals with "ghetto Blacks"? So what? It cannot be refuted that the White guy in this video was committing a crime too. The law is suppose to apply to EVERYONE. You know the saying "if you do the crime, you do the time". If a White guy is breaking into a car, shouldn't he do the time too? Can you refute that a law was broken? Forget statistics, just look at THIS situation. Pay attention to the ACTION.

And can you refute that the officer's reaction goes against what justice should be? I'm not talking about the reaction to the Black guy. I'm talking about the relative lack of reaction to the White guy committing that crime. Can you argue that it goes against how a justice system should work? Can you argue that if a White guy commits a crime, he does just as much damage as if a Black guy did the same thing?
Fantastic post (wish I could rep you again). I expect it to be ignored.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:39 AM

Here is one thing to consider. If both a Black guy and a White guy commit a crime, shouldn't they BOTH be arrested for their crimes? Isn't that how the justice system is suppose to work? Why would a person support punishing Blacks harder for the very same actions? Doesn't that go against how the justice system is suppose to work? Can that be refuted?

Old 02-20-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Fantastic post (wish I could rep you again). I expect it to be ignored.
Thanks. I would have to consider that if my argument can't be refuted, it might get ignored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies