Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 06:19 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,791,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Mr Farrakhan needs to kill himself if he truly hates white people, he's part "white" and part "Jew" too.
Do you have a link to that? Both his parents were from the Caribbean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 06:35 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,928,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Do you have a link to that? Both his parents were from the Caribbean.
http://www.jweekly.com/article/full/...ve-been-a-jew/

Speaking of his father's white Portuguese parents, the Nation of Islam leader said, "I'm going to tell you something. You really want to know what I think? I think they were members of the Jewish community.

Farrakhan was born in 1933, the son of Mae Clark, who was from Barbados. He was named Gene after his father, a light-skinned man with straight hair from Jamaica. His father, Gates writes, was a philanderer whom the family rarely saw.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,262,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
http://www.jweekly.com/article/full/...ve-been-a-jew/

Speaking of his father's white Portuguese parents, the Nation of Islam leader said, "I'm going to tell you something. You really want to know what I think? I think they were members of the Jewish community.

Farrakhan was born in 1933, the son of Mae Clark, who was from Barbados. He was named Gene after his father, a light-skinned man with straight hair from Jamaica. His father, Gates writes, was a philanderer whom the family rarely saw.
Lol...That's not saying much. Most African Americans have white ancestry.

He's not some anomaly. He's the norm.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:10 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,437,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...That's not saying much. Most African Americans have white ancestry.

He's not some anomaly. He's the norm.

Which makes it even dumber to be "against whiteness".

Remember how everyone cackled at the misfortune of the white racist on Maury who found out he was 10% black or whatever? How DUMB he looked?

Well, there ya go, Mr. Farrakkkhan.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:57 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,047,162 times
Meh, Elijah Muhammad advocated for the U.S. to give black Americans their own piece of land to have a black homeland in North America.

We need to do something with Detroit.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:58 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,211,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
One man's opinion.
So let's discount everything MLK said too...only one man and an opinion. Surely, nobody agreed with him.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:07 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,846,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Oh yeah? And white nationals very much do the same for their "own" communities. They encourage stronger families, support for other white people and the white community.

They STILL don't get lauded for it, and don't DESERVE to be lauded for it. Because they are bad, racist people, at their core. One CAN encourage "uplift" without a) tearing someone ELSE down, or b) being a separatist A-hole.

Sad, leftover 60s radicals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
You forget to mention that the NOI preaches hate for gays, white people and especially Jews.

Nation of Islam | Southern Poverty Law Center
Softblueyz, I stated that I am no fan of the NOI as I consider them a racist organization. My response was in regards to TriMT7's comment below:

Quote:
Whackjobs, the lot of them. Complete and utter burs on the backside of humanity.

Want to "uplift blacks?" Get involved in educating black children, to teach them how to be successful and compete in modern America and the world. Encourage more black people to open businesses and invest in their communities and country.
The NOI does all of the above things that are highlighted. TriMT7 evidently doesn't know anything about them. They have their faults IMO in regards to being both racist and homophobic and due to them lacking critical thought on these and other issues. FWIW, I have known quite a few NOI members and have some in my family and lived in a neighborhood here in Atlanta that has a large black Muslim population, many who are members of NOI, so I am well aware of their organization. I have also (due to me being nerdy) researched the organization. I do that when I am interested in a particular group/organization and have done so with white organizations and even hate groups as well, most recently the Aryan Brotherhood after I saw a documentary on them. Their group is also very interesting to me, I am fascinated by the human experience.

But in summation - the NOI are racist and homophobic. TriMT7 wanted to say they should focus on "educating black children, to teach them how to be successful and compete in modern America and the world" and to "encourage more black people to open businesses and invest in their communities and country." The NOI do all of those so those comments were ignorant in regards to the NOI.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:11 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,047,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
But in summation - the NOI are racist and homophobic.
The NOI believes that homosexuality is immoral.

That is not the same as being afraid of homosexuals.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:45 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,437,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007
But in summation - the NOI are racist and homophobic. TriMT7 wanted to say they should focus on "educating black children, to teach them how to be successful and compete in modern America and the world" and to "encourage more black people to open businesses and invest in their communities and country." The NOI do all of those so those comments were ignorant in regards to the NOI.
But that doesn't change what I said. They should FOCUS on that, instead of muddling their message with their racism, radicalism, and anti-sexism and homophobia.

Again, white nationalism espouses many of the same things for the advancement of the white community. Doesn't make them "good" because the good is far outweighed by the bad.

Is it possible to focus on education and TRUE uplift without the baggage?

Old 02-26-2014, 07:49 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,600,621 times
Quote:
Goes to show you that extremists only THINK they are opposite ends of a spectrum. Instead, they are merely opposite sides of the same coin.

It's also why I believe that while racist extremism/separatism is adequately fought against when expressed by white people, it is often given a pass when espoused by a "minority"... but should really be fought against just as hard.

Farrakhan should be synonymous with David Duke.
Agreed. Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies