Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 04:50 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times

Advertisements

I wonder if she can be arrested right on the spot.

You may recall she tried to plead the 5th meaning she obviously has information that can send her to jail/incriminate her (otherwise, she wouldn't think she needed to plead the 5th).

If anyone knows which day next week she comes before Congress, again, please post it. It's going to be a C-SPAN day.

House Republicans recall Lois Lerner to explain IRS targeting: panel will compel testimony - Washington Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 05:57 AM

23,564 posts, read 17,237,701 times
We can only hope that august body of legislators has generated a better list of questions.
It is heart breaking to watch these fools follow a scriot form a bad 40s movie with horrible dialogue.

Wish they'd get their act together and hire a coach to teach them how to question a witness!

This is too important to screw up with wannbe Perry Mason amateurs.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:16 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I wonder if she can be arrested right on the spot.

You may recall she tried to plead the 5th meaning she obviously has information that can send her to jail/incriminate her (otherwise, she wouldn't think she needed to plead the 5th).

If anyone knows which day next week she comes before Congress, again, please post it. It's going to be a C-SPAN day.

House Republicans recall Lois Lerner to explain IRS targeting: panel will compel testimony - Washington Times
This should be fun to watch. She should be jailed.

Presently, the IRS is considering more rule changes governing 501(c)(4) organizations, which would effectively silence their free speech rights, disallowing them from distributing voter information pamphlets, and information on ballot issues or other activities to inform voters on candidates and ballot measures.

These rules apply to any such organization, but it is feared that conservative organizations will be scrutinized more closely, and liberal organizations will get "a pass."

Blog: In Time for '14: IRS to Ramp Up Conservative Groups' Harassment

Old 02-26-2014, 06:32 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
These Congressional hearings are dog and pony shows for gullible Americans.

Let me know when they up and haul someone off to jail from the table for lying to their faces.

They ask a "yes/no" question and the person does a 10 minute rehearsed speech on the general aspect of government functions while never actually answering the question. And then the Congress critter that asked the question and never got an answer thanks them.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:24 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
The legal argument is that during her opening statement she testified to things they were going to ask her about and may have inadvertently waived her right to plead the fifth concerning those matters.

My opinion is ultimately she will either be compelled to testify or offered immunity.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-26-2014 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 02-26-2014, 07:25 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,210,065 times
I hope they Learn Her

Old 02-26-2014, 07:26 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
If I were her I wouldnt say a thing. If I were the congressional panel I'd send her to a CIA country club for a little vacation and some memory therapy.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:28 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Public sector workers should never be allowed to take the 5th when questioned by their boss..Congress.

This kind of crap doesn't go on in the private sector.
They either get fired, retired or avoid the "perp walk" and settle for a little jail time at "club Fed".

Government agencies should NEVER be used for political purposes by either side ever.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:31 AM

1,256 posts, read 4,196,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The legal argument is that during her opening statement she testified to things they were going to ask her about and may have inadvertently waived her right to plead the fifth concerning those matters.
That's something that is posted/written a lot but, per legal scholars (of which I am NOT one), the 5th amendment can be invoked at ANY time.

Quote:
My opinion is ultimately she will either be compelled to testify or offered immunity.
This would be the appropriate way to get her to testify - give her immunity - but I sincerely believe that is not going to happen because the IPoHaN members of the committee know it won't be fruitful - it "plays" much better to have the previously-noted Grand Show.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:37 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,298,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Public sector workers should never be allowed to take the 5th when questioned by their boss..Congress.

This kind of crap doesn't go on in the private sector.
They either get fired, retired or avoid the "perp walk" and settle for a little jail time at "club Fed".

Government agencies should NEVER be used for political purposes by either side ever.
Guess that would depend on how she was asked...

If she was called into her superior's office and asked what the heck was going on? Yeah, she should divulge that information.

If she's being hauled in front of a kangaroo court and she fears for her own self? She has the right to plead the 5th and frankly, should.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies