Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 02:29 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,501,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Making money is never bound by race; greed trumps all. Donald Sterling also proves that. And who is to say there is no drug problem in the black community? Perhaps the media only reports the problem in white communities, since it never affected them previously.
I am not sure how any of that addresses the article I linked to.

Did anybody claim that black communities do not suffer from drug problems? It is common knowledge that drugs problems effect lower socio-economic communities. The drug war contributes to these communities being stuck in a lower socio-economic bracket.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:38 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
I am not sure how any of that addresses the article I linked to.

Did anybody claim that black communities do not suffer from drug problems? It is common knowledge that drugs problems effect lower socio-economic communities. The drug war contributes to these communities being stuck in a lower socio-economic bracket.
Yeah, it's the drug war that makes them worthless.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:41 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,787,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Yes, the OP does, it's pretty clear why he posted it, and that's what I responded to. Also consider, there are numerous white neighborhoods that have been poor that were never as crime ridden as neighborhoods that were predominantly black.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:50 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Indeed, it is the drug war (and all that it entails) that led to the breakdown in black communities. A look at stats pre-1980's would show this very clearly.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:54 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times
The danger drugs are cyclical. 20 years ago heroin was the drug of choice, 30 years ago it was cocaine whether freebased or crack. in the last 15 years, it has been prescription drugs with heroin rising the last several years. I think 4 years ago was a notorious case of a student dying at my university as well as the son of Ric Flair a few years ago as well.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:54 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Indeed, it is the drug war (and all that it entails) that led to the breakdown in black communities. A look at stats pre-1980's would show this very clearly.
Just wow! So, because they couldn't stop doing drugs and were getting arrested for it, it's the war on drug's problem? Man, you are so full of useless excuses. Tell us, how did the war on AN ILLEGAL substance cause the breakdown of the black community? How? Because they weren't allowed to do it legally????? That makes absolutely ZERO sense! Again, do you think if we made drugs legal, all these inner city gangs and dopers will become model citizens? Is that what you are saying? LMAO!

Old 05-29-2014, 02:56 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,260 times
Quote:
Just wow! So, because they couldn't stop doing drugs and were getting arrested for it, it's the war on drug's problem? Man, you are so full of useless excuses. Tell us, how did the war on AN ILLEGAL substance cause the breakdown of the black community? How? Because they weren't allowed to do it legally????? That makes absolutely ZERO sense! Again, do you think if we made drugs legal, all these inner city gangs and dopers will become model citizens? Is that what you are saying? LMAO!
You are confused. I'm not just talking about the CONSEQUENCES of doing the drugs, but the existence of drugs in itself.

Some goes with how things were doing the Prohibition era.

And I don't know if they'll be model citizens, but they'd have to come up with a new reason to fight over territory when you could go to your local pharmacy and get your smack.

Old 05-29-2014, 03:59 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,501,280 times
Quote:
Oh look at you, scoffing at a post with quoted evidence, and providing nothing to back your (racist) remarks, typical.

They are not worthless. The fact that you think people in black communities are inherently worthless is not only absurd, it is disturbing. You should look at your racism and find ways to combat it, or restrain it, that way you don't sound like a neanderthal when you speak...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Yes, the OP does, it's pretty clear why he posted it, and that's what I responded to. Also consider, there are numerous white neighborhoods that have been poor that were never as crime ridden as neighborhoods that were predominantly black.
No it doesn't. You are being dishonest, it says one particular neighborhood didn't have the problem.

Quote:
The fact that you made a substance illegal to posses even by peaceful, responsible people is why the drug war ruins communities, among other things. Your opinion does nothing to counter the mountains of evidence that supports this. You throw people in cages with hardened criminals for possessing a plant, not only do they make a poor parent from the cage, but they are in there with murderers, thieves, and rapists. Are you unaware that prison makes hardened criminals out of peaceful people? It is well documented.

What I am going to post now is called a source, I know you have never heard of one, but it is nice to back up your claims with some sort of supporting evidence rather than whining in all caps:

An Expensive Way to Make Bad People Worse: An Essay On Prison Reform from an Insider's Perspective

I know you won't read the link, you didn't read the last one. It is obvious because you are making silly claims that sources cited in this thread readily debunk. The best part is, you guys are still losing the war on drugs, and one day will loose completely. How does it feel to be on the wrong side of history?

Old 05-29-2014, 04:00 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,134 times
How can there be more of an activity when it's illegal? I thought making laws against something made it cease to exist?

Signed,
Confused Gun Banner.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:00 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,217,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumFolly234 View Post
The NY Times has published their 4th article on the rising rates of heroin addiction amongst whites. I find it very interesting that none of their articles ever highlight parental upbringing and/or community values/norms as a possible reason for the widespread heroin addiction amongst white youth residing in suburban towns throughout America. Why is that?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/28/us...ermid=11246083

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/23/ny...l]Heroin's New Generation - Young, White and Middle Class - NYTimes.com
Freakin losers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies