Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 09:54 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,014 times

Advertisements

I agree and disagree with both sides of the parties but i am one not for war UNLESS it is honestly deemed and needed. If a government/ military starts killing its own people then thats when not only the USA should stand up but other allies need to come together to step in to help.

Everyone knows Ukraine has no military and cant do anything , so i think Putin is just getting a hard on about it since he knows that. As Ukraine mentioned they wont fire first but will stand ground so we shall see.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:55 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
So over five years after he has left office George W. Bush is still in more control of world events than our current president, according to Maddow and company. Either she thinks Bush is so powerful that he can override the influnce of the current president or that Obama is so weak that nothing he does matters. I'd be a bit offended were I Obama.
I guess Obama and his supporters down understand how much it diminishes Obama to act like the ghost of George Bush is living in his head.

The 'Race Card' is bad, it is damaging to racial relations all over the country, BUT the "Bush Card" is only damaging to Obama himself. It makes him and his followers look whiny and juvenile - particularly because George & Laura Bush have shown such good sense and CLASS to never the current Administration and to totally ignore the horrible things that the Obama people say about him.

People got tired of the Race Card very quickly - only the lowest of the low are still using it. It didn't take long before folks worked out that anytime Obama was criticized about anything - the knee jerk reaction was either 'race' or 'Bush. After 5 years of "but-but-but Bush" we see the incredibly shrinking Obama.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:56 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
There was an agreement made between the US and the Ukraine with Bill Clinton. We agreed to protect their borders if they gave up nukes. They gave up the nukes now we need to protect their borders.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:58 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
So something I don't quite get...many (not all) conservatives were vehemently opposed to Obama intervening in Libya and his proposal to do the same in Syria. Now, if this forum is indicative, many are outraged over Russia in Ukraine and Obama's response or lack of? What is the difference in their minds between the two? Or is this just yet another example of them supporting the exact opposite of what Obama is doing for no particularly good reason?
Pretty much, this.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:59 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
There was an agreement made between the US and the Ukraine with Bill Clinton. We agreed to protect their borders if they gave up nukes. They gave up the nukes now we need to protect their borders.
That puts us at war with Russia. Even McCain realizes the insanity of that idea.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:00 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,096,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The language of the Budapest Memorandum is wishy washy in that regard, and intentionally so. We don't have to do anything.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:02 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
I supported intervention in Syria. I see no need to militarily intervene in Ukraine. The two are apples to oranges to me.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:04 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
This is the same thing "liberals" did when Bush was president. Why this is questioned or surprises anyone is the real question.

It's too bad that for far too many politics trumps principles.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:05 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
So something I don't quite get...many (not all) conservatives were vehemently opposed to Obama intervening in Libya and his proposal to do the same in Syria. Now, if this forum is indicative, many are outraged over Russia in Ukraine and Obama's response or lack of. What is the difference in their minds between the two? Or is this just yet another example of them supporting the exact opposite of what Obama is doing for no particularly good reason?
What, do you assume we mean Obama should be taking military action?

Old 03-04-2014, 10:06 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,553,153 times
Obama supported the revolution in Ukraine, John Kerry is there now, and we are sending them a Billion Dollars.

When does the minding our own business start?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies