Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 11:23 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,862,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Day after day, Republicans pacify themselves with the negative narrative about this President, while he continues to be ENORMOUSLY successful. The latest positive? Russia. Putin now backtracking, weighing his options to of course avoid a military confrontation. This because the President and the International community were putting pressure on him and his country faced isolation. Kudos to President Obama for his continued smart and effective foreign policy.

As usual, Pubs continue to get it wrong.

Obama/Obama/He's our man/If he can't do it/NOBODY can!

I would imagine that Putin -- and the rest of the world leaders -- got a mental image of Obama flying over to Russia on the back of his magic unicorn, firing rainbows out of its horn. And I don't care how tough you are, that's a scary thought. I'm shaking just typing that.

But......

What about the latest delay in Obamacare? Obamacare is supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread, and yet Obama keeps delaying pieces of it. Hmmm.....could it have ANYTHING to do with the D's distancing themselves from the venereal disease that is Barack Obama? Or did the company behind the ENORMOUSLY successful www.healthcare.gov site get tasked with rewording parts of the bill, and it's just not ready yet?

Imagine that --- "the greatest piece of legislation in the history of the planet" is being delayed by the "greatest president in the history of the universe". Must be some reason, right?

I don't call that "ENORMOUSLY successful". I call that "COWARDLY and pathetic".

Old 03-04-2014, 11:25 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Someone got their infiltraitors check. LOL!!!

Old 03-04-2014, 11:26 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,862,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
you really need help
Even BigPharma can't help that one....

Old 03-04-2014, 11:29 AM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Every time the left blames Bush for something, it simply makes the current clown in the WH look even worse. Basically, the libs area saying that with six years to do it in, O has not been able to fix a single thing.

Brilliant rebuttal, libs.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:32 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Russia wants to centralize the corruption.

Ukrainians want autonomous corruption.

Smaller government, better control.

Like Chicago, for instance.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:39 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,962 times
Putin is doing this because he knows Obama is a weak self absorbed momma's boy.The world gave Hitler the same useless colloquy and Putin is using the same excuse of protecting ethnic Russians in Ukraine.Putin is trying to reassemble the former USSR and there is nothing to stop him from achieving this goal.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:42 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I don't call that "ENORMOUSLY successful". I call that "COWARDLY and pathetic".
Yeah, I think the OP is playing fast and loose with the phrase "enormously successful" if things like Putin's speech today are the measure of Obama's success.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:42 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,529,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Putin is doing this because he knows Obama is a weak self absorbed momma's boy.The world gave Hitler the same useless colloquy and Putin is using the same excuse of protecting ethnic Russians in Ukraine.Putin is trying to reassemble the former USSR and there is nothing to stop him from achieving this goal.
Which is it?

You say he's doing this because Obama is weak, but then you say that doesn't matter since there's nothing we could do anyways to stop Putin...

Personally I think that the Ukrainians are playing their cards right at this point, as long as they don't engage the Russians in Crimea with military action right now, the weight of international opinion will fall against Putin, and the Russian economy is already a clusterf**k right now. The Georgians made the mistake of falling for Putin's ruse and ended up losing South Ossetia and Abakhazia basically.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:46 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,879 times
I wonder if any of you even bothered to consider Maddow's premise. Her argument was that Bush destroyed our foreign policy credibility by invading Iraq unprovoked. She is not the first person to raise this issue.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:56 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Which is it?

You say he's doing this because Obama is weak, but then you say that doesn't matter since there's nothing we could do anyways to stop Putin...

Personally I think that the Ukrainians are playing their cards right at this point, as long as they don't engage the Russians in Crimea with military action right now, the weight of international opinion will fall against Putin, and the Russian economy is already a clusterf**k right now. The Georgians made the mistake of falling for Putin's ruse and ended up losing South Ossetia and Abakhazia basically.
This didn't happen under G.W.Bush watch because Putin knew George didn't make imaginary red lines in the sand or make idle threats.Syria,Iran,China,North Korea know Obama is today's Neville Chamberlain too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies