Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2014, 07:46 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,075,383 times

Advertisements

Are you my brother? Because he loves to make a scene whenever we go out to eat. And no one can ever satisfy his needs because he's always irritated about something. I hate eating out with him.

Interesting enough (well, maybe not) I disagree with almost everything you listed.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:51 PM

16,080 posts, read 21,196,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
If I order iced tea, I say "no lemon" since that is ALWAYS served with lemon unlike a lot of places that serve water don't serve lemon all the time with water.
No, it's not. Around here sweet tea is the norm and a lot of people don't like lemon in their sweet tea. Not only will you be asked if you want your tea sweet or not you will be asked if you want lemon with it. You are making assumptions.
Quote:
I would want a refill in a clean glass, not both, DUH! I shouldn't have to ask them. It's common sense that I should have a new glass to not mix old watery drink with new drink.
You might want a refill in a clean glass, I prefer the glass I'm using be topped off because I've already asked for a small amount of ice to begin with, there isn't much melt water to mix in, and because I don't drink much a new glass of something would likely have a sip or two taken and the rest wasted. Pointless IMO.
ONE MORE Time, your way is not the one and only correct way to do things and expecting servers to know exactly how YOU want things done is ridiculous.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:00 PM

393 posts, read 307,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
No, it's not. Around here sweet tea is the norm and a lot of people don't like lemon in their sweet tea. Not only will you be asked if you want your tea sweet or not you will be asked if you want lemon with it. You are making assumptions.
I am not making assumptions. I am going by the times I eat out, which has been since Nov. of 2000 going 2-3 times a weekend and counting some holidays as well as vacations.

Quote:
You might want a refill in a clean glass, I prefer the glass I'm using be topped off because I've already asked for a small amount of ice to begin with, there isn't much melt water to mix in, and because I don't drink much a new glass of something would likely have a sip or two taken and the rest wasted. Pointless
Pointless to give a refill if your drink isn't even halfway empty. Also, I would *ASK* you if you wanted a refill. If you want it in the same glass, then you want yours topped off, that's not refilling your glass if it's halfway full, that's giving you a top-off, not an empty cup you are refilling. So I don't get why you'd want a refill? Why not just asked for your glass to be "Topped off", huh since that is what *YOU* want? The rest of us want a new refill. So that's why we ask for a refill, not a topped off glass.

If you want your same glass, you need to speak up. I mean why refill your glass if it's only a little drank out of it? If you asked for a small amount of ice, that's what you'd have in your next glass I'd give you. Ice still melts though.

Quote:
ONE MORE Time, your way is not the one and only correct way to do things and expecting servers to know exactly how YOU want things done is ridiculous.
I think it's ridiculous of you to expect things without *ASKING* for them. It is the way it should be done, because otherwise, it's control. If you want something you *ASK* for it.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Are we REALLY talking about condiments here??? Hahahahahahahaha!
Yes, it's EXTREMELY IMPORTANT for the taste of my food. You seem pretty uncaring and mean if you ask me.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:01 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,019,382 times
Disagree with a lot of these TBH. I mean if I go to a restaurant and they ask "have you been here before?" If I say yes they say "welcome back!" I think that's just being nice.

Things that bother me are when you order an appetizer and then they forget it. And so your food comes and you are like "oh appetizer?" and usually at that point I say "nevermind I don't want it." The point of the appetizer was I was hungry now!

I remember once that happened and we just didn't say a word, when the bill came the waitress still charged us for it on the bill- we were like um we never got this?

I also hate when you wait forever for refills. A few minutes fine, my whole meal? NO. More than once I've had times where we have no refills for like 10 minutes. I've had to get up and say "excuse me I don't know where our server is, but we have been waiting a long time for our drinks and I'm about to drink the ketchup" lol.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:04 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,753,223 times
.........." I don't want water given to me without asking"......

Unless they are either...

A.........charging you for it
B........forcing you to drink it

what's the big deal?

Old 03-04-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beera View Post
Disagree with a lot of these TBH.
WHY? You must like lazy, uncaring, inconsiderate, and controlling servers, don't ya?

Quote:
I mean if I go to a restaurant and they ask "have you been here before?" If I say yes they say "welcome back!" I think that's just being nice.
You must not be *****HUNGRY OR THIRSTY OR IN A HURRY*** when you go out to eat apparently?

How is it "NICE" to take up *****TIME UNNECESSARILY? How is it anyone's BUSINESS or CONCERN if I have dined there before and why does it matter?

Why make the rest of us suffer for you? Go to the bar if you want chit chat about things that have ZERO to do with service. Leave us normal people that came there to ***********EAT AND DRINK************* get to do our thing.

Quote:
I remember once that happened and we just didn't say a word, when the bill came the waitress still charged us for it on the bill- we were like um we never got this?
Why would you not say anything? We have been through this one a number of times and have *ALWAYS* spoken up, ALWAYS! If she still charged you for it, she shouldn't have received a tip at all since she didn't obviously care to check up not only on the non-delivered item, but your money she could have cared less about. I would have stiffed her. Especially if she didn't say she was sorry. There's no way I wouldn't have said anything. WHY didn't you speak up?

Old 03-04-2014, 08:08 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,753,223 times
I feel we all have contributed to the OP's husband sanity by letting the OP go on a long continuous rant.

Imagine if he had to bear the brunt of her frustration today.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
.........." I don't want water given to me without asking"......

Unless they are either...

A.........charging you for it
B........forcing you to drink it

what's the big deal?
***********TIME WASTED THAT I AM *******PAYING FOR********** IN THE TIP! This is COMMON SENSE!

Every second you are seated at that table is the server's tip based. You are in service, therefore, why would you want your time wasted on things you don't want when they could have been at your table getting what you *DID* want? Also why would you want something at your table in your way if you don't want it? Why would you want someone to make decisions for you when you never said they could?

Why does everyone act like because the item is free that the "SERVICE" is too? I am TIPPING ON MY SERVICE, so NO, it's NOT FREE. Especially if I have to pay an automatic gratuity in a large party, then it's not free legally.

I pay for my server to serve me water if I want it even if it doesn't show up on my bill, I still base my tip on it. Just like if I get 5 refills of coke instead of just one coke, same thing.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:12 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,313,415 times
Quote:
No, not a good cook. I can bake pretty well, but cooking, no. I have made stuff and thrown it away. I am just not good at it. I have tried different things. I also love going out to eat. It's lonely eating at home. I like being able to talk with people, be out, etc. I just sometimes don't like the service. I just don't like cooking, but even if I could cook well, I still would eat out because it's just lonely to eat at home all the time.

Your choice but I eat at home by myself all the time, not that big of a deal to me.
I usually read while I'm eating though so I'm not just sitting there eating.
Usually though the more you practice the better you can cook.
Just start small and work your way into more complicated dishes, well that is what I did anyway.
I taught myself to cook and I think I was 45 years old before I could make actual gravy that did not come in powder form in an envelope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies