Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 08:39 PM

379 posts, read 580,379 times

Advertisements

Love how this was moved even though it had to do with UNC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 08:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnheel View Post
So help me god, if I hear one person who voted for this complain, I might lose it.
You wont hear them complain about ACA, you'll hear them complain that the government needs to icnrease the subsidy cost for education.. Thats how it works, a non stop endless cycle of give me give me give me.. but government not to blame, UHC is for not just printing the money...

Old 03-05-2014, 08:43 PM

Why was this moved? A local news website report about local school system. I think someone who moved it has a little buyer's remorse.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:45 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,576,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnheel View Post
So help me god, if I hear one person who voted for this complain, I might lose it.
And by "person who voted for this" you mean who exactly? I didn't see it on any ballot that I can remember.

Funny thing is, after reading the article I was thinking that there will now be 8,586 people who will have access to affordable healthcare who are likely now without it.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You wont hear them complain about ACA, you'll hear them complain that the government needs to icnrease the subsidy cost for education.. Thats how it works, a non stop endless cycle of give me give me give me.. but government not to blame, UHC is for not just printing the money...
True. Either not enough money or not enough time. It's always one or the other. I don't wish ill will on someone, but if they ever have to change their doctor or hospital, I'm just going to point and laugh.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
And by "person who voted for this" you mean who exactly? I didn't see it on any ballot that I can remember.

Funny thing is, after reading the article I was thinking that there will now be 8,586 people who will have access to affordable healthcare who are likely now without it.
You are awesome. Keep the jokes coming. That's great.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
You cant be serious..

Old 03-05-2014, 08:54 PM

Oh that's definitely Schumer. Maybe Pelosi. Someone who drank the water.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:05 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,069 times
Apparently UNC got into the habit of keeping most of their employees under 30 hours a week so they wouldnt have to pay benefits. Now its going to 29 hours a week. Who care about the employees? You wont find a Tea Partier out there having much sympathy...they have theirs and for the rest of us...its ********* and please pay your taxes.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:40 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,576,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You cant be serious..
Do you remember that time when you had to chose between making your mortgage payment or health insurance premium payment? Or what about that other time when no insurer would offer coverage to your spouse because they suffered from chronic migraines? You remember, you had to watch her/him go for more than a full year without being able to get standard tests for anything because without insurance it costs thousands of dollars? Or couldn't afford to get all of their monthly prescriptions filled because without insurance it costs upwards of $1,000?

Because if you don't, if you don't understand how remarkably biased healthcare is for people who need to go it on their own without having sufficient income to pay the insanely high premiums being charged (if they even extend an offer of coverage), you can't speak from a true position of expertise.

Criticize the ACA only if you have a viable alternative, otherwise you're just simply part of the problem we previously couldn't solve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies