Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 06:53 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
And before I get attacked from the people on the right, I look at Al Gore in a similar light. Although I agree with his global warming/climate change activism, and I think that he's brilliant, he's clearly all about him.
He is not nearly the self-centered insincere publicity hog that Palin is, and he actually has a cause other than lining his pockets. His concern over global climate change is not phony. What is Palin's "cause" that you can discern?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 08:43 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
He is not nearly the self-centered insincere publicity hog that Palin is, and he actually has a cause other than lining his pockets. His concern over global climate change is not phony. What is Palin's "cause" that you can discern?

Her cause? Her cause is to get PAID BOOOOOYEEEE! <Flavor Flav's voice>

Old 03-14-2014, 08:51 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Lol.

This is the point where "your credibility" intersects with "just went out the window".

Al Gore's cause.....is Al Gore.

Sarah Palin has more credibility than Al Gore, but not much.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Lol.

This is the point where "your credibility" intersects with "just went out the window".

Al Gore's cause.....is Al Gore.

Sarah Palin has more credibility than Al Gore, but not much.
Another science denier heard from. Three sentences which add up to a little hissy fit is what you consider "credibility"? Such are the perks of living in a cocoon.
How has Gore reaped great benefits the climate change issue?

Old 03-15-2014, 02:49 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Another science denier heard from. Three sentences which add up to a little hissy fit is what you consider "credibility"? Such are the perks of living in a cocoon.
How has Gore reaped great benefits the climate change issue?
Al Gore Richer Than Mitt Romney After Current TV Sale: Forbes

Gore is richer than Romney now. But you're right, he didn't make most of his fortune directly from climate change; rather, he made most in the deal he made w/ Mid East 'big oil' interests.

Old 03-15-2014, 06:37 AM

1,529 posts, read 1,726,745 times
Quote:
You're right. He actually does stand for something vs Palin's bumbling and rambling on about the "real America." I agree with his cause, but the fact that it took a British newspaper to point out the fact that his mansion was using more power in a month than the average American uses in a year, he lost a lot of credibility with me. I DO support his cause, but I just don't think he's the right person to be the spokesman. It gives the climate change deniers fuel because the can see his hypocritical actions, and use to claim that everyone who's apart of the cause is a fraud, which simply isn't true.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
You're right. He actually does stand for something vs Palin's bumbling and rambling on about the "real America." I agree with his cause, but the fact that it took a British newspaper to point out the fact that his mansion was using more power in a month than the average American uses in a year, he lost a lot of credibility with me. I DO support his cause, but I just don't think he's the right person to be the spokesman. It gives the climate change deniers fuel because the can see his hypocritical actions, and use to claim that everyone who's apart of the cause is a fraud, which simply isn't true.
I agree, though not sure if I would require him to live like Ed Begley just to prove a point. Doing so wouldn't accomplish anything, especially without the cooperation of millions of people across the globe. Maybe his mansion, or the mansions of others, aren't all that important. Still, he disappoints me in several ways.

Old 03-15-2014, 10:06 PM

1,529 posts, read 1,726,745 times
Quote:
I agree, though not sure if I would require him to live like Ed Begley just to prove a point. Doing so wouldn't accomplish anything, especially without the cooperation of millions of people across the globe. Maybe his mansion, or the mansions of others, aren't all that important. Still, he disappoints me in several ways.
The mansion wouldn't bother me so much if he were a champion for fairer business practices or even for higher taxes on the rich; but for him to encourage people to use less, when he clearly uses waaaay too much, it clearly hypocritical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies