Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 04:35 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,032,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
That is it?

Has there been church bombings?

Have Christians been rounded up and hanged in front of their burning crosses?

Have businesses refused to serve Christians?

Are Christians denied other services?

Have Christians been arrested for talking about their faith?

Not being allowed to put Christian symbols in government buildings is persecution?
Did the DNC actually take a vote to remove all references to God from their convention?

Where does persecution start? When does it begin?

According to you persecution begins when it's too late to do anything about it. This is the historical meme and was even used by Hitler to gain the backing of German Jews. This is our 1932, and you are ignorant of history.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:35 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
That is it?

Have there been church bombings?

Not being allowed to put Christian symbols in government buildings is persecution?
I never understood the push against Christmas trees. I'm an atheist but I still put a tree up in my house. I don't connect Christmas trees to religion at all, that's just me. But yes, persecution against Christians is hilarious. There are laws based solely on religion....gay marriage comes to mind.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:38 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I never understood the push against Christmas trees. I'm an atheist but I still put a tree up in my house. I don't connect Christmas trees to religion at all, that's just me. But yes, persecution against Christians is hilarious. There are laws based solely on religion....gay marriage comes to mind.

I actually don't think there is/was any push to remove Christmas trees, just nativity scenes on government property.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
Did the DNC actually take a vote to remove all references to God from their convention?

Where does persecution start? When does it begin?

According to you persecution begins when it's too late to do anything about it. This is the historical meme and was even used by Hitler to gain the backing of German Jews. This is our 1932, and you are ignorant of history.
Where does unfounded paranoia start and when does it begin? This persecution complex is another witch hunt.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:42 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,155 times
Quote:
That is it?

Have there been church bombings?

It's not overt persecution, but for people to be forced to suppress their religious convictions it amounts to oppression in their eyes.

I don't know what your beliefs are, but try to imagine that you lived in a culture where those beliefs were widespread and common, yet there was a concerted effort to reduce expression in those beliefs. Things that you once took for granted, like greeting someone with a holiday wish, became grounds for a discrimination lawsuit or at the very least caused offense. In essence, you could not openly practice your religion anymore. Some would call the strangulation of one's beliefs a form of persecution.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:45 PM

Quote:
I actually don't think there is/was any push to remove Christmas trees, just nativity scenes on government property.
OH.... those atheists who are so thin skinned they can't even view a cross without becoming permanently damaged.

It has been deemed Constitutional as long as other views can also be expressed.

The atheist display... a festivus pole, better known as stacked Pabst BR beer cans.

And they claim we're the Neanderthals.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
It's not overt persecution, but for people to be forced to suppress their religious convictions it amounts to oppression in their eyes.

I don't know what your beliefs are, but try to imagine that you lived in a culture where those beliefs were widespread and common, yet there was a concerted effort to reduce expression in those beliefs. Things that you once took for granted, like greeting someone with a holiday wish, became grounds for a discrimination lawsuit or at the very least caused offense. In essence, you could not openly practice your religion anymore. Some would call the strangulation of one's beliefs a form of persecution.
I don't see this happening whatsoever! Where I live, we respect people of all religions or of no religion.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:46 PM

Quote:
OH.... those atheists who are so thin skinned they can't even view a cross without becoming permanently damaged.

It has been deemed Constitutional as long as other views can also be expressed.

The atheist display... a festivus pole, better known as stacked Pabst BR beer cans.

And they claim we're the Neanderthals.
Tolerance is a two way street.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Why bother asking for cites, when you know there is nothing I could show you that you would accept?

I'm not going to bang my head against a wall in an attempt to enlighten you to the truth. You are blind to such things, and disinterested in facts. You have proven this through your history of one-sided close minded posting.
Quote:
Where does unfounded paranoia start and when does it begin? This persecution complex is another witch hunt.
Thank you for proving me correct in the first place. Do you know how eager most of us are for this to happen? Look beyond the persecution itself, and you can only come to one conclusion. I feel sorry for those who can't see this.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:49 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Playing the victim is a bad move. If you are being attacked, you defend yourself. You don't roll up into the fetal position and hope your whimpering stops the attacks.

I think it pretty ridiculous for the OP to pretend that there isn't an actual concerted attack on Christianity in America. I'm not Christian, but it's pretty clear to see that there is a strong push towards secularism.
You would prefer we be more like Iran?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies