Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 03:48 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
I don't believe a word of what anyone says. This was a case of poor parenting, not a wayward child. His mother had an income of more than $300,000 per year without working and no other kids to support. With all the time in the world on her hands and more money than she ever needed, she did nothing to get help for him. His mother was as mentally ill as he was. The article states that since Nancy was a gun toting enthusiast who taught Adam to shoot, she was an accessory to the crime and not a victim. She was an accessory because she was a poor parent. Since his parents were divorced, we don't know what access his father was allowed, so it is kind of hard to blame his father if he was not allowed access. However, I believe that if his father had spent as much time with Adam as he did on his career at GE, Adam would have been a much different person and certainly would not have committed such an act. In other words, if Peter Lanza had put his family first, not his job, this shooting would never had happened, just as if a lot of corporate ladder climbing middle class parents put their family ahead of their jobs, they wouldn't have to bail their kids out of jail every now and then.
The tone of your post makes it sound as if mental illness is either a poor choice made by people, or is caused by mistakes in parenting.
Neither is the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 04:22 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Here's the million-dollar question:

Why would some entity make up the existence of Adam Lanza? WHAT is the motivation behind it?

You have more confidence in breaking news media than you should. When something huge like this happens, news organizations are in a race with each other to get the first news. This often means that inaccurate information is published and disseminated without being fact-checked so they can say they were "first" to get the facts. That's why they messed up the facts about Nancy Lanza.

People don't seem to want to answer me about why they choose to believe this stuff instead of the simple and rational explanation.

I suppose Peter Lanza was paid off to do this interview too? Exactly where can you disprove anything he said?

FYI, records can be inaccurate as well. Just the other day, on a family tree site, I found some records that misspelled my grandmother's name and got her birthday wrong.
If one or two or three or even four things were wrong with this case I could write it off but the problems with the Sandy Hook story that we have been told are endless.

So far, Peter Lanza has not been seen since the shooting. Neither has Ryan for that matter. Everything we have heard from Peter have been through his PR spokesperson, Errol Cockfield Jr and now, from Andrew Solomon via the New Yorker.

The initial news reports were wrong and misinformation was never cleared up. We heard numerous conflicting accounts. Proper protocols were not followed in regards to the first responders as well as the handling of the deaths. The secrecy surrounding the report, the death certificates, etc. is unprecedented. The interviews with the families in the days after the shooting showed very abnormal behavior, not typical of grieving parents. No tears, all smiles. I know someone will say, "Everyone grieves differently" and there is some truth to that but not much. Most humans grieve in predictable ways and follow a pattern known as the stages of grief. If one or two parents fell outside of the typical pattern it would not be so questionable but the fact that all of the parents did it, is strange. They seemed to skip all of the steps and go straight to the acceptance phase in a matter of hours. All smiles, no tears. That's weird.

This case is bizarre. It should not be surprising that people are questioning it.

Old 03-11-2014, 04:37 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
If one or two or three or even four things were wrong with this case I could write it off but the problems with the Sandy Hook story that we have been told are endless.

So far, Peter Lanza has not been seen since the shooting.

Do you work at GE in Fairfield?

Do you live on his street?

How do you assert that he hasn't been seen since the shooting?

Old 03-11-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Do you work at GE in Fairfield?

Do you live on his street?

How do you assert that he hasn't been seen since the shooting?
He moved immediately after the shooting and has not been seen by any neighbors since. I don't believe that he is still listed as a VP for GE either.

Old 03-11-2014, 05:33 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
The initial news reports were wrong and misinformation was never cleared up.
As has already been pointed out, this is not uncommon with the media.

Quote:
The interviews with the families in the days after the shooting showed very abnormal behavior, not typical of grieving parents. No tears, all smiles. Most humans grieve in predictable ways and follow a pattern known as the stages of grief. If one or two parents fell outside of the typical pattern it would not be so questionable but the fact that all of the parents did it, is strange.
I've read several interviews with the parents, heard an interview recently on NPR with one of the mothers, and read an interview with 3 sets of the grandparents (at the one year anniversary of the shootings) about how the parents reacted. I never picked up anything unusual about their grief.

Old 03-11-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
As has already been pointed out, this is not uncommon with the media.
I would say that the level of misinformation was extreme. And that coupled with the other factors that I listed makes it suspicious.

Quote:
I've read several interviews with the parents, heard an interview recently on NPR with one of the mothers, and read an interview with 3 sets of the grandparents (at the one year anniversary of the shootings) about how the parents reacted. I never picked up anything unusual about their grief.
I'm curious if you watched any interviews? The biggest red flags are in the body language, not the words.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:01 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
I'm sorry folks, but life is usually pretty boring, and the most obvious answer is usually the correct one - at least where well-documented, fully investigated and heavily witnessed incidents are concerned. What on earth would be the point of any of the conspiracies being suggested here? Is this all a grand plot by space aliens or the llluminati or our secretly Kenyan president?

No one here has articulated a single good reason there would be any sort of cover-up with regard to who committed the Sandy Hook massacre.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:32 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,789 times
Quote:
So far, Peter Lanza has not been seen since the shooting. Neither has Ryan for that matter. Everything we have heard from Peter have been through his PR spokesperson, Errol Cockfield Jr and now, from Andrew Solomon via the New Yorker.
Well, Adam was Peter's son and Ryan's brother. Did you think they would be super willing to talk to a bunch of people about their family member that shot up a school? It makes sense to me that Peter Lanza waited this long to do an interview, so it's less fresh (though he is clearly still very affected by it).

Quote:
The interviews with the families in the days after the shooting showed very abnormal behavior, not typical of grieving parents. No tears, all smiles. I know someone will say, "Everyone grieves differently" and there is some truth to that but not much. Most humans grieve in predictable ways and follow a pattern known as the stages of grief. If one or two parents fell outside of the typical pattern it would not be so questionable but the fact that all of the parents did it, is strange. They seemed to skip all of the steps and go straight to the acceptance phase in a matter of hours. All smiles, no tears. That's weird.
I guess I could see how it would be weird but I really don't see what you're getting at. Are you saying all those parents played a part in their children's deaths?

Quote:
He moved immediately after the shooting and has not been seen by any neighbors since. I don't believe that he is still listed as a VP for GE either.
You didn't answer the question Stratford asked - how do you know this for a fact?

I agree with JrzDefector - I don't understand why you and the others who believe he didn't do it or that he didn't exist can't come up with a single reason why anyone would go to those lengths. There are a lot of conspiracy theories about the Port Arthur massacre but they at least have an explanation as to why Martin Bryant was "framed" (I don't believe it but at least there's a reason).

You continue to hint that a ton of people were involved in this but you don't come out and say why. I find that weird.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:39 PM

973 posts, read 1,453,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I'm sorry folks, but life is usually pretty boring, and the most obvious answer is usually the correct one - at least where well-documented, fully investigated and heavily witnessed incidents are concerned. What on earth would be the point of any of the conspiracies being suggested here? Is this all a grand plot by space aliens or the llluminati or our secretly Kenyan president?

No one here has articulated a single good reason there would be any sort of cover-up with regard to who committed the Sandy Hook massacre.
If you can't think of a reason, a big one, why this would be done, you have your eyes wide closed... If anyone wants to discuss my opinions on things, I will do so via PM. I don't my opinions on a public message board.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:51 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,789 times
You do post opinions here though...your last posts about Adam Lanza not having existed was an opinion.

But whatever. Hey, I still liked the article and found it insightful. I'm not sure I am the biggest fan of Peter Lanza the person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies