Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 09:16 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
Your premiums raised because it is affordable for you, you just don't like it. You weren't paying enough, to put it simply. The law isn't really debatable at this point.

No it's not affordable. How can you even say things like that and not realize how ridiculous you sound? If you can't see how screwed up this law is then you are either blind or living in a bubble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 09:17 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Your premiums raised because it is affordable for you, you just don't like it. You weren't paying enough, to put it simply. The law isn't really debatable at this point.
How the hell can you dictate what is affordable to others? That takes a lot of balls there bucko..

Once again, every dam argument you've used so far, could have been argued pre ACA as well. You really arent making any good justifications for its passage.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:17 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Not gonna happen. "Moral obligation."

A man in the United States should not lose assets due to involuntary misfortune. Accidents happen to everyone.

Are you invincible or just incredibly angry?
And the majority of people filing medical bankruptcy had insurance.
What they didn't have was the savings to pay the deductibles and out of pocket expenses.

Not saving money for emergencies is their own fault.
Americans are p*ss poor savers, have always been.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:18 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Laws can change. You asked about a moral stance, not a legal one. Again, I feel no moral obligation.
So you are just self-centered? I don't know how else to tactfully say it.

Well, how about this:

I feel no moral obligation to pay for your children's schools.
I feel no moral obligation to pay for the roads you drive on.
I feel no moral obligation to pay for the police force that protects you.
I feel no moral obligation to pay for the military that protects you.
I feel no moral obligation to pay for food inspections, water inspections, drug inspections, air quality standards, farming regulations, anything.

You have some issues to get over, to put it bluntly. Public health care is no different than any of the above.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:18 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Some people can't afford health insurance. Some people choose not to purchase health care. Whether you like it or not they are going to get health care. That health care is not free.
So some people are not going to get it, like any other consumer product. I want a Ferrari, but because of the cost I'm not going to get one. What's the difference? What mandates those who are unable to afford it are entitled to it at the expense of others? How about you buy me that Ferrari? You can just cut corners in some other area of your life to do so. After all, nothing is truly free, right?

Old 03-13-2014, 09:20 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Default Comsumer Choices?

Actually the President does have a point ,believe it not. The Problem is the US Consumers does not want to give up their multi TV and advance Cell phones. We like new cars and homes with a white picket fence! OMG, don't turn off the Cable Service!

The President , however has forgotten that the Free Market is dictated by Consumers!

Old 03-13-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
No it's not affordable. How can you even say things like that and not realize how ridiculous you sound? If you can't see how screwed up this law is then you are either blind or living in a bubble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
How the hell can you dictate what is affordable to others? That takes a lot of balls there bucko...
I said 20 pages ago the president has to be tactful but I don't.

I'll call anyone out on it.

Under ACA, your max out of pocket preimum cost is 9.5% of your AGI. Deductibles all have an out of pocket max. If you have to downsize your home or oversized SUV to contribute to national health care, so be it. It is not my responsibility to consider your lavish budget.

True fiscal conservatism hurts, sorry.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
So some people are not going to get it, like any other consumer product. I want a Ferrari, but because of the cost I'm not going to get one. What's the difference? What mandates those who are unable to afford it are entitled to it at the expense of others? How about you buy me that Ferrari? You can just cut corners in some other area of your life to do so. After all, nothing is truly free, right?
Society has a moral obligation. The choices are as followed:

Cover everyone, or allow people who can't afford it to die. American society (and the entire OCED) does not feel that the second option is acceptable (rightfully so). Write your congressman.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:22 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
I said 20 pages ago the president has to be tactful but I don't.

I'll call anyone out on it.

Under ACA, your max out of pocket preimum cost is 9.5% of your AGI. Deductibles all have an out of pocket max. If you have to downsize your home or oversized SUV to contribute to national health care, so be it. It is not my responsibility to consider your lavish budget.

True fiscal conservatism hurts, sorry.
You haven't the slightest idea what my finances are, or anyone else's who you are badgering to pay for others. Lavish lifestyle? Hardly. So many ridiculous assumptions on your part, not based on reality.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:24 AM

423 posts, read 414,848 times
Quote:
Premiums should be SOLELY based on risk. This is insurance...in case you've forgotten. People who file more claims, should, and inevitably will pay more. It's just that simple.

Insurance costs are based on risk. Healthy, younger individuals with no history of disease should pay less....regardless of income. None of this...."you weren't paying enough" crap sir.

When you have people that have no interest in taking care of themselves, getting practically free health care via subsides, and perfectly healthy people footing their bill, it's a back*****wards situation, and one that cannot possibly survive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies