Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2014, 08:55 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Dads are like bad tempered dogs.
!!!

Speak for yourself!

Old 03-15-2014, 09:05 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
He was invited in by the daughter, who is a resident of the house. The dad didn't tell him "no" when he came in, so he had no reasonable idea that he'd get shot for being there. The castle doctrine doesn't count when you were invited in.
That's a stupid way to raise your kids -- even 7 and 8 year olds can be taught that they need the parents' permission for a sleepover. I never let my kids go to someone's house without the parents agreeing.

The dead kid knew full well he did not have the homeowner's permission to be in that house. He deliberately chose to be inside someone's house without the homeowner's permission.

His real Darwin moment came when he lunged to get something after being confronted in that home and hearing the skank deny she knew him. Anyone with a single functioning brain cell would have put his arms in the air at that point to show he wasn't an armed stranger in that home.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:08 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
!!!

Speak for yourself!
ask most boys what they think about the girl friend's dad. Not many will say "yeah he's cool with me humping the snot out of his little girl."
Most boys have a healthy fear of the girl friend's dad.
Not all, but most. My daughter is 27 now. Her boy friend is 28. He does the cover art for all my books. He still knows to mind his manners in my damned house. I am not mean or rude to him, but he knows that if he crosses the line, hurts my daughter in any way, breaks the rules of the house, then he faces consequences. They are unspoken, but he knows. The young man has common sense. Same as I had at that age. Don't **** the dad off, it never ends well.
My job wasn't to be cool and isn't to be cool. After they are married I might be somewhat cool, but he will always know that if he causes my daughter grief he will answer for it.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:11 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That's a stupid way to raise your kids -- even 7 and 8 year olds can be taught that they need the parents' permission for a sleepover. I never let my kids go to someone's house without the parents agreeing.

The dead kid knew full well he did not have the homeowner's permission to be in that house. He deliberately chose to be inside someone's house without the homeowner's permission.

His real Darwin moment came when he lunged to get something after being confronted in that home and hearing the skank deny she knew him. Anyone with a single functioning brain cell would have put his arms in the air at that point to show he wasn't an armed stranger in that home.
exactly!!! But then anyone with a single functioning brain cell wouldn't have been in the home humping the snot out of that girl with the dad sleeping in the same house.

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin2014 View Post
So this 16 yo girl was just bringing random boys home for a quickie? Nice. Tells you a lot about that family.
Well, she let one boy she knew into the family home. That's not random.
No telling what the relationship between the two kids.

It says nothing about the families, beyond a belief in the illusion of control over teenage children.

Sara Palin had made a fortune preaching abstinence and family values. Yet, thus far, at least 2 of her children engaged in sex and created babies. Does this tell you something about the Palin family? Is it possible that her children do as they see fit to do, regardless of what their mother preaches to the world?

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:

Legally, he was not trespassing though.

The girl should be charged. See another case in TX:

Arlington mom who cried rape gets five years in slaying | Top Stories | News from Fort W...

Old 03-15-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
When they are under 18? Of course I do. But more important, even when my kids were little, they knew they had to get parents' permission for sleepovers.
All kids follow house rules, all the time?

Old 03-15-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Did you read that right? You stay up all night, every night?

Do you do head counts every hour?
Maybe some families, in some places, require the entire family to sleep in the family bed.

Maybe some families have alarm systems on all doors and windows and do not give their kids the code.

Maybe some families nail all windows and doors shut before they retire.

Maybe some families put ankle bracelets on their kids before they retire.

Parents tend to have illusions of control over their teenage children.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:17 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
exactly!!! But then anyone with a single functioning brain cell wouldn't have been in the home humping the snot out of that girl with the dad sleeping in the same house.
The boy is guilty of poor judgment. He didn't deserve to be killed for it.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:18 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
All kids follow house rules, all the time?
Anyone who has raised teen-agers knows that this ^^^ is probably not true. AND that you really have little control over what is actually going on by the time they are 17 years old; rarely home; driving to and from team practices and work . . . they could be doing ANYTHING.

Unless you are following them 24/7 - you have no idea. You HOPE that you have raised them well, done your job, and they are busy standing up for what is good and right.

Weren't we teen-agers too? Following all house rules 24/7?

Get real.

I will say ~ I wasn't dumb enough to have sex in my childhood bedroom with my parents in the house though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies