Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2014, 07:21 PM

1,070 posts, read 739,447 times

Advertisements

Sure. Try to hide the fact that prohibition was a conservative Puritan agenda....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Which moment drafted, supported and enforced the 18th Amendment?

That is right...Change the subject, blame those temperance members...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 07:27 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,227 times
Quote:
Really?

Who is tying to limit free speech with "The Fairness Doctrine"?

Who is trying to infringed on The Right To Keep And Bear Arms on the state and national level?

Who is using the EPA to harm property owners and ranchers?

Who is forcing kids to stay in failing schools to help teacher unions?

Who is trying to grant citizenship to up to 30,000,000 illegals in order to stack the deck with entitlement voters so the can win by default every election for the next 50 years because even most Americans see the left for what they are unrelenting authoritarians?

Its not Conservatives. Its Leftist Progressive Authoritarians. Boom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
You forgot to add:

"Who is violating citizens constitutional right to free travel through the use of red lights and stop signs?" Lol

It's the nonsense like this that will ensure no Republican will win an election in the next 50 years...
That is right, change the subject, Deflection is a such typically tactic of leftist.

Anyone else agree with my post?

Old 04-17-2014, 07:59 PM

It's not deflection just disappointment. If you think environmental laws were created to harass people than you must believe that stop signs were put in to even further limit your personal liberties...

Quote:
That is right, change the subject, Deflection is a such typically tactic of leftist.

Anyone else agree with my post?

Old 04-17-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
It's not deflection just disappointment. If you think environmental laws were created to harass people than you must believe that stop signs were put in to even further limit your personal liberties...
Sackett v. Environmental Protection Agency

The couple was subject to $75,000 fines per day because they property was labeled "wetlands" only problem is it is not wet land, just subject to slight flooding during heavy rains..

$75,000 a day......I am just shocked how you always see the Federal Government in such blinding light you can not or will not see their misdeeds, failure, waste, lies, corruption, and tyranny..

I have never head anyone being fine $75,000 via not following a stop sign,

Great Non-sequitur

Old 04-17-2014, 08:14 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Progress is new name for far left of the democratic party. It distinguishes them from Bill Clinton's center- right of the party.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Progress is new name for far left of the democratic party. It distinguishes them from Bill Clinton's center- right of the party.
Wow and we thought it was bad before hand...

As long as we prevent Amnesty, we should be good.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:10 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,115,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Here is the thing. I grew up in a large metropolitan area. Cleveland metro has a population of 2.3 million, which is a bit skewed, because a lot of northeast Ohio is left out of that equation like Akron/Canton, and even Youngstown, all who tend to get their news from Cleveland tv, radio, as well as root for Cleveland sports teams. Having said that the 18 county area boasts a population of over 4.3 million people. My region is also the most densely populated region in the state. So, I'm well aware of what it's like to live in an urbanized area. In fact where I grew up, and currently live (though in a different part of the region) I was close enough to the city (about 30-35 minutes away) where if I wanted to catch that urban vibe it was a short hop away. Trust me, in my early 20s I partied almost every weekend in downtown Cleveland. If I wanted to get out into the sticks it was also a short hop away. As I've gotten older the further out I want to get. Where I live is an exurb that is growing, but still has sections that are rural, and has sections and quite secluded. It's fine now, but eventually one day I'm going to want a nice plot of land and be a little bit further out. More privacy, less busy body neighbors and much quieter and scenic (what is wrong with that?). Now my immediate neighbors are cool, and we hang out a lot. But there are others in the neighborhood that are indeed busy bodies, and chronic complainers.

Finally as for those you refer to as "teabaggers" (I used to call them that too, until I stopped listening to the idiots in the media) only want a smaller, fiscally responsible government. TEA stands for Taxed Enough Already. Sure they've attracted a lot of socially conservative loons, just like the Democratic party has attracted those who cling to certain Marxist values... but that is not what the TEA Party movement was meant for. Someone in one of the marijuana threads bashed the TEA Party inclining that they would oppose legalization. My comment was that a true TEA Partier would not necessarily oppose legalization, because their primary concern is smaller, fiscally responsible government, less taxation, cuts in wasteful spending on failed programs. Why they wouldn't be on board with something like ending the failed war on drugs is beyond me.

At any rate, not everyone wants to be forced to live in an urbanized style, or forced to subscribe to those policies. Nor should they have to. What works in big cities like Cleveland for example is not going to work in small towns in Bumf***ed Egypt! The same applies when it comes to the individual states. This is a large country of over 315 million people, with a different dialects and cultural differences in the different regions of the the country. What works in California may not work in Ohio. Nor should policies from California 3,000 miles away from where I reside be forced on my state.
The Teabaggers just don't understand our modern world. The private sector is searching for greater profits overseas by using globalization and technology to push down labor costs. Wages and productivity has been decoupled.

Wages vs Private Sector Profit

If the private sector isn't investing domestically like it use to then the public sector will have to step up.

The country as a whole has urbanized, there are still rural towns, but they are dwindling. From a purely efficiency and cost perspective rural areas should probably be left to nature and have a small percentage left to continue on. Just think of how inefficient it is to operate a municipality with so few people in it.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:13 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,115,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
This thread seems to be a repository for silly lies from liberals, such as the one above. I guess they think if they repeat such things often enough, they'll somehow become true.

Perhaps these fibs get started when liberals who are looking for anything bad they can find to say about their opponents, start by mistaking Republicans for conservatives. Then they continue by attributing the wildest things they can find (or invent), to Republicans, and then to conservatives by association. Or something.

A conservative is someone who wants a central government to have little to do with ordinary life, and which concentrates mostly on protecting people's basic rights.

The notion of conservatives "loving the idea of oppressive authoritarian government" is balderdash.
The conservatives have embraced the Christian right and the Family Values mantra.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:28 AM

Dura lex, sed lex. Environmental laws were put in by congress for a reason, ignoring a law is never a good idea.

Quote:
Sackett v. Environmental Protection Agency

The couple was subject to $75,000 fines per day because they property was labeled "wetlands" only problem is it is not wet land, just subject to slight flooding during heavy rains..

$75,000 a day......I am just shocked how you always see the Federal Government in such blinding light you can not or will not see their misdeeds, failure, waste, lies, corruption, and tyranny..

I have never head anyone being fine $75,000 via not following a stop sign,

Great Non-sequitur

Old 04-18-2014, 06:12 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
As no1browsfan says, a true TEA party member sticks to the fiscal issues or like me, the Constitutional issues. Personally, I'm for traditional marriage. Politically, I want all government out of marriage so that anyone can find a church and get married. Personally, I want to get rid of recreational drugs. The emotional damage my crack-head sister caused my parents was horrible. Politically, follow the Constitution and repeal all federal drug laws and disband the DEA. It should be a state issue.....I can separate my personal beliefs from my political direction.

I want to be governed most by the people that are closest to me. As the government gets farther away, it should have less and less influence on my daily life. Start at the city government and go up with fewer and fewer laws impacting individuals.

Exactly!!!! Just because I may not condone or advocate something on a personal level, doesn't mean I want the government involved in supressing the rights of others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies