Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 09:57 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,568,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
No its not. Its the NORM. Of you are abnormal by being grossly attracted to another person with the same sex organs as you, why should everyone have hear about it?
If you think being Gay is all about "sex" could I say the same thing about heterosexuals? Read my post above and "heterosexuality' is thrown in your face 24/7 and just because it's the "NORM"?

Gay people have relationships too. Ever heard of love?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 10:01 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,140,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
No its not. Its the NORM. Of you are abnormal by being grossly attracted to another person with the same sex organs as you, why should everyone have hear about it?
You volunteered to hear about it by entering this thread. Why would you do such a thing?

Old 03-20-2014, 10:02 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,140,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Don't care. Tired of gay this and gay that. Keep your mouth shut and get back into the closet.
I am so sorry that you're tired of hearing about things relating to gay people. It must be quite taxing for you-- especially since you react so angrily. I wonder what issues are coming up for you that makes you react in such a way.

... Especially since you had to click on this thread to enter the conversation. Perhaps if this is so upsetting to you, you should not involve yourself in these discussions?

Old 03-20-2014, 10:04 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
That story does not belong in the yearbook. To begin with, it was about coming out to his parents, something that happens at home, not school. Second, it does not reflect the typical high school experience in that school, which is what yearbooks are supposed to be about. Third, the yearbook is supposed to be about the big news of the year which may have had an impact on their school year, one student coming out to his parents is not the big news of a school year. Fourth, the principal and/or advisor are allowed to prevent controversial subjects, that may impact the school environment, from being published. If this received school related press at all, the students newspaper would be a much more appropriate venue. I would probably be more inclined to side with publishing the story in that case.

They aren't trying to force him back in the closet, they just aren't giving him a stage. Huge difference.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:22 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,609,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
That is a positively excellent suggestion. Please do stop.
Well that certainly went over your head.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:34 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,789,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Why must gays feel the need to say they are gay everywhere? Its a yearbook, who promotes sexuality in a year book?
As long as you call someone coming out, "promoting" their sexuality, there will be a need for visibility, thus recognition and understanding of this severely oppressed class of people that are relentlessly attacked by haters, most of which actively promote lies about sexual orientation, when they don't have a clue.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:42 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,789,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
^ Heterosexuality is forced into our conscious every day. It is non-stop from commercials to movies to music.
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Its call natural human nature.
Yes, heterosexuality certainly is. We have to hear about all the domestic violence issue on the news, and Dr Phil. All the rape going on in the military being covered up, and let's not forget all the rape in colleges. Oh, and all the prostitution, cause heterosexuality is sort of a mismatch, men want sex a lot more than women, so the worlds oldest profession keeps rearing its ugly head. All the abortion (a hetero issue), and babies born out of wed lock. Let's also include all the ugly divorces.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:55 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Let's also include all the ugly divorces.
Worry not, I believe SSM ugly divorces have already begun.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:58 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I can't imagine that anything improper was said but I would have to know what it said to make a proper comment.
Doesnt matter..

Once again the school has final authority over what goes into a school yearbook since its a sanctioned function by the school..

No different than if the individual had wanted to discuss the positive effects religion had on their life.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:02 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Doesnt matter..

Once again the school has final authority over what goes into a school yearbook since its a sanctioned function by the school..

No different than if the individual had wanted to discuss the positive effects religion had on their life.
One might realize by now that simply having the right to do something doesn't always impress me in them doing it. As I said though, I do not know enough to make a definitive statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies