Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 11:54 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
No it doesn't.
Oh well then, I guess burying it under a rock somewhere, as has been done with mental illnesses, will just make it go away, eh? How efficient.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-20-2014 at 01:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 11:57 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The argument isnt over if the school has finally say.
it absolutely is..

high school bans xxxxx from appearing in yearbook.

No matter what you replace xxxxx with, the school still has final say...

if the discussin was about coming out, then the yearbook and the school is meaningless to the discussion but clearly its not.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
it absolutely is..

high school bans xxxxx from appearing in yearbook.

No matter what you replace xxxxx with, the school still has final say...

if the discussin was about coming out, then the yearbook and the school is meaningless to the discussion but clearly its not.
I'll bet my pension cheque it's not over by a long shot.

Any org. interested will now attempt to prove "harm" through discriminatory selection of what is deemed appropriate and what isn't.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:03 PM

872 posts, read 827,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh well then, I guess burying it under a rock somewhere, as has been done with mental illnesses, will just make it go away, eh? How efficient.
This story does not belong in a HIGH school yearbook. Discussing someone's sexual preference does not belong in a yearbook for MOSTLY under age kids.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:06 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,937,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
This story does not belong in a HIGH school yearbook. Discussing someone's sexual preference does not belong in a yearbook for MOSTLY under age kids.
Oh please. For that matter, sex education should be banned, and the Prom, too. When kids enter high school, they are fully aware of the concept of sex and sexual orientation, unless they grew up in a household with bigoted parents who pretended that homosexuals don't exist and taught their kids that it's wrong.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:10 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Okay, heading off topic, but I cannot believe that you honestly think they haven't figured it all out by then. High schoolers are all about figuring out their place in the world, sexuality included. This isn't going to come as a surprise to any of them.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Oh please. For that matter, sex education should be banned, and the Prom, too. When kids enter high school, they are fully aware of the concept of sex and sexual orientation, unless they grew up in a household with bigoted parents who pretended that homosexuals don't exist and taught their kids that it's wrong.
That would be up to the individual school......

Old 03-20-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Okay, heading off topic, but I cannot believe that you honestly think they haven't figured it all out by then. High schoolers are all about figuring out their place in the world, sexuality included. This isn't going to come as a surprise to any of them.

I know kids in high school know all about sex.....it still does not mean it belongs in the year book.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Whaaah? Virtually all of the highschool kids I've ever known down though the ages would laugh you out of the park with that statement.

You'd rather they learn, as just an example, from the Catholic priest who has been moved from parish to parish for some unexplained reason I surmise. Much healthier.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I'll bet my pension cheque it's not over by a long shot.

Any org. interested will now attempt to prove "harm" through discriminatory selection of what is deemed appropriate and what isn't.
The Supreme Court has ruled numerous times in the past that schools have final say over such matters..

There is no need to prove harm..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies