Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 06:35 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Ok, sooo the First Lady is operating in her capacity as a first lady has for the past 60+ years and now you guys are getting upset about it?

Taxpayer uproar. Right. Sour grapes from a small internet minority?
The office of POTUS has become a monarchy over the years and needs to be reeled in a bit. All members of the ''royal family'' in D.C. need to live less lavishly and more frugally in these trying economic times. This goes for all elected officials and their spouses. As Harry Truman said "The buck stops here". This admin as others could take lessons from Truman's frugality.

Old 03-22-2014, 06:39 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
The office of POTUS has become a monarchy over the years and needs to be reeled in a bit. All members of the ''royal family'' in D.C. need to live less lavishly and more frugally in these trying economic times. This goes for all elected officials and their spouses. As Harry Truman said "The buck stops here". This admin as others could take lessons from Truman's frugality.
Mr. & Mrs. President, to the People they (supposedly) serve: "Do as I say, not as I do"

Old 03-22-2014, 06:44 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,850,821 times
Mentioning college , it's still very strange why no one remembers Obama in college, not a single person

Old 03-22-2014, 06:57 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,176,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
Mentioning college , it's still very strange why no one remembers Obama in college, not a single person

Barry spent most of his college days hanging out in the black student union organizing protests. No legitimate college student would want to be associated with that and take a chance on an employer finding out you are a troublemaker.

Old 03-22-2014, 08:03 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
It is NOT a diplomatic trip. If it were, the press would be allowed in. They are NOT. Therefore, it is a vacation. A very expensive vacation.

And if you seriously think that this trip will have any bearing on improving relations with China, you've got to be nuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And this trip reflects poorly on Mr and Mrs Obama. To go on yet another taxpayer funded junket, with no press, mere months on the heels of a birthday bash, is in very poor taste.

But since I must be a racist, because to criticize the Obama's mean I hate them because of the color of their skin, my criticism must be dismissed.
No press?

So how do we know so much about how Mrs. Obama has spent the last couple of days?

In China, Michelle Obama calls for universal rights

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/03/23...html?referrer=

Old 03-22-2014, 08:34 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
The economy was not in a zhithole back then, Obama and first lady should lead by example, and BTW, Laura Bush has more class in her little finger than the present first lady has in her whole body.
Quote:

The first family is already planning their vacations for the rest of the year -- good news: they'll be more frubal, staying in the US! ... a return to the islands is on the schedule.
As Putin Takes Ukraine, The Obamas Make Plans For 21st Luxury Vacation « Now The End Begins

Old 03-22-2014, 10:37 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
I'm a taxpayer and I didn't have an "uproar."

Old 03-22-2014, 02:24 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Chinese President Xi Jinping, who sided with Vladimir Putin on the Crimea invasion. Xi actually remarked, “I wish to thank the U.S. side for sending such a heavyweight ambassador to China.” What? A “heavyweight ambassador?” Sounds as if Putin was coaching
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies