Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 12:06 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Conservative America? Absolutely not.

The great President Obama has been an exceptional President, the best we've ever had. He represents the beginning of the end of the hapless GOP.
Not really, Obama has been a mediocre President, but I still love the fact that he pisses off racists and right wing nutjobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 12:16 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Not really, Obama has been a mediocre President, but I still love the fact that he pisses off racists and right wing nutjobs.
The president has done as well as can be expected given the economic disaster he inherited and the ridiculous obstruction he has faced from congressional Republicans.

Even top-tier presidents would have a tough time looking good under the circumstances.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:28 AM

561 posts, read 1,180,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obamas tenure has been a failure on every measurable level. So much so, in fact, that some of the staunchest, most respected liberal Democrats and Democratic supporters have not only openly criticized him, some even more harshly and they have called for him to step down.

1) Carter will no longer be looked upon as the worst president in American history;
2) Nixon and Bill Clinton will no longer be recognized as the greatest liars in presidential history;
3) Clinton's stain on Monica's dress, and what that did to the White House in general and the office of the president specifically, will forever pale in comparison to the stain and stench of Obama.
I love it when reactionary douchebags label the current president they don't like as a catastrophic failure. I don't think he's been great by any means, but he's done OK consider the Congress he's had to work with.

Quote:

The great President Obama has been an exceptional President, the best we've ever had. He represents the beginning of the end of the hapless GOP.
What? Come on! Old, bitter white men are the future of this country, demographics be damned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
The president has done as well as can be expected given the economic disaster he inherited and the ridiculous obstruction he has faced from congressional Republicans.

Even top-tier presidents would have a tough time looking good under the circumstances.
That's a pretty fair arguement. There's good book by Ron Suskind, "Confidence Men: Washington, Wall Street, and the Education of a President". He makes a convincing case that Obama was really hindered by a lack of managerial experience during his first two years.

That said, he's certainly much smarter and more knowledgeable than his predecessor. Whenever I start to feel disappointed with Obama, I just think about W

Old 03-22-2014, 12:43 AM

15,532 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Can America Survive Obama?

I personally don't think we will ever recover from all the harm that's been done .

Old 03-22-2014, 12:50 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
I guess it depends on your definition of "survive". Will this country still be here? Of course.
Will we still have our Constitution? Of course.

We've had bad Presidents before, we've even divided and fought a civil war .... and we "survived".
We are every bit as divided now as we were before the Civil War, but it's a different sort of division.
It's not Obama that America must "survive", it's can we get past this division - I actually doubtful of that.

Obama is a populist that stirs up as much division as he can with his "War on Whatever", but that division was evident before he was elected. After 5 years in office, it's still all about Bush - that's crazy. It's hard to fix crazy.

We will fall apart as the Leftist States start to implode and go bankrupt - the solvent States will refuse to Bail them out. We are on an us-sustainable path with nearly 50% of the population not paying any Federal Taxes, we have Millions of Federal Workers that the Taxpayers that believe they are "elite" and entitled - they can't be fired, even when they use their positions to Target political opponents. We owe many Trillions and continue to spend like drunk sailors that never think of tomorrow. Their supporters think that's not just OK, but a good thing. How does this Nation survive that?

We will bump along for a while, but nobody wants to lead us from that cliff we are approaching, so eventually we will go over the edge.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:55 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
I plan on not just surviving but thriving, you guys can wilt like a little flower.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:56 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
I don't have a lot of confidence in the judgement
of the voters that reelected this President.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:07 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:

So you are predicting a resounding Democratic sweep come fall, complete with a transfer of the House to Democrats? Are you taking bets?

Old 03-22-2014, 01:13 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Quote:
and, quite frankly, in recent years, alternative wonderful options for POTUS were never available.

Plus, honestly, I do think our best economic days are behind us. No matter what any politicians do, no matter what people do, as individuals we can do things to outperform the norm, but, in aggregate, yes, I am an American pessimist..economically.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:35 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
America will survive, right wing lunatics? Probably not, especially after Hillary wins in 2016

Hillary died in 2012.

"What Difference Does It Make?" - aka "The Hillary Shuffle" - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies