Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 04:41 PM

1 posts, read 709 times

Advertisements

well let me just say I'm a black male who grow up in a military family mostly in Germany on base and didn't encounter any hatred until the age of 15 when we moved to the states pa to be exact. From the age of 15 and up I've come across many racist people and it makes no sense to me, now grown I have served in the military I have a college degree and have been on my job for over 13yr I can get along with anyone no matter there race what music they listen to what there cloths look like or how much money they have. I.m teaching my kids the exact same values that my parents thought me and if more parents would do the same then we would not have hatred toward another race I feel sorry for kids that are being thought to hate and for the parents who were thought to hate by there parents but at some point the cycle has to stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 04:42 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Harrier's idea is that your thread title should be more descriptive and your post should have a clear thesis.

You might also consider breaking up your post into sentences and spelling words correctly, like the college graduate you say that you are.

Old 03-23-2014, 04:47 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Harrier's idea is that your thread title should be more descriptive and your post should have a clear thesis.

You might also consider breaking up your post into sentences and spelling words correctly, like the college graduate you say that you are.
Some punctuation wouldn't hurt, either.

Old 03-23-2014, 04:48 PM

811 posts, read 810,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1alpha37 View Post
well let me just say I'm a black male who grow up in a military family mostly in Germany on base and didn't encounter any hatred until the age of 15 when we moved to the states pa to be exact. From the age of 15 and up I've come across many racist people and it makes no sense to me, now grown I have served in the military I have a college degree and have been on my job for over 13yr I can get along with anyone no matter there race what music they listen to what there cloths look like or how much money they have. I.m teaching my kids the exact same values that my parents thought me and if more parents would do the same then we would not have hatred toward another race I feel sorry for kids that are being thought to hate and for the parents who were thought to hate by there parents but at some point the cycle has to stop.
ignore them

Old 03-23-2014, 04:51 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Maybe that's a racist city you live in -- you might want to check out other places to live.

I think some of the most liberal parts of the country are where the worst racism exists.

Old 03-23-2014, 04:52 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
I like your post. We must all be taught that we are all human beings first and have differences that are not that different. We have different eye color, skin color and hair color.

I don't know why everyone is so stuck on skin color? It is just pigment in the skin that makes us different. It is the spirit and soul of oneself that makes us an individual and that is why Martin Luther King said.. to judge the character of a person, not the skin color.

Old 03-23-2014, 05:43 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I like your post. We must all be taught that we are all human beings first and have differences that are not that different. We have different eye color, skin color and hair color.

I don't know why everyone is so stuck on skin color? It is just pigment in the skin that makes us different. It is the spirit and soul of oneself that makes us an individual and that is why Martin Luther King said.. to judge the character of a person, not the skin color.
I've never been hung up on skin color or race. In fact I often wish my skin weren't so pasty white. What can be a problem is incompatible cultures or division by language. Yes, I do judge people by their character/set of values more than anything else.

Old 03-23-2014, 05:48 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

lol.

Old 03-23-2014, 05:53 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,835,592 times
Quote:
There is no way that I can possibly take this post seriously.

Spell checkers won't help with homophones but work wonders with spelling!

(College refresher courses would be of help too)

Old 03-23-2014, 05:53 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Yes............I miss type once in a while but this guy is all over the place...........just looking for trouble it appears. First post on the board is a complete mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies