Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2014, 05:21 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Have back-up plans, work on skills, contacts, etc. Always be prepared for a pink slip.

Also, losing a job to China means a job is created here in the import business. Our ports are booming don't ya know?
I met this guy (liberal) and he was telling us how he was doomed to work until he died. He was complaining how he and his wife are doing ok but he felt like he was tired from having to work all the time. Next he starts ranting on taking care of the poor. I asked if he had plans to take care of his kids should something happen to him or his wife and he looked at me puzzled and said no. I said, don't you think you should worry about your kids and if you can keep going until you die before you preach the liberal mantra?

I just don't get it.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
No, petch. That was Joe Scarborough talking. What he's saying is that the Republican Party has alienated many people that once voted Republican, including Colin Powell himself. The current Republican Party has alienated me almost completely. I supported McCain in 2000, and initially in 2008. If it weren't for Sarah Palin, I would have voted for him. Bush would have been fine with me if he stayed out of Iraq, but I think his strings were being pulled by the neo-cons, anyway. "Compassionate conservatism" was a good plan, and Bush showed that with his Medicare D program. It was Iraq that killed it for me. I was open to Romney until his infamous 47% comment. Harry Reid was losing to "any of the above" by ten points here in Nevada before the Republican nominating process. We wanted him out. We just didn't want him out so bad that we'd send Sharron Angle to Washington. In meeting with a group of Hispanics, she said, "You people look Asian to me." Way to go, Sharron. It's not like you need the Hispanic vote or anything. She then suggested that we go to Washington and exercise our 2nd Amendment rights. Yeah, Sharron; lose an election? No problem. Assassinate your political opponents. Republicans have been victims of their own mouths. They need to stop acting like babies, as well. "I hope he fails" is not going to endear me to their party. Saying you will secede from the union because you lost an election is no different than a little boy who loses, then takes his ball and goes home.

Obama is just a cookie-cutter president to me. Nothing great, but nothing bad, either. No new wars. The economy has been steadily improving, so he is the better of two evils, IMO.
A smart businessman knows who will buy his product. If someone who sells pork would you expect them to advertise in a jewish community? Same idea.

47% of Americans who made it clear they would vote for Obama no matter what. Being smart and talking to people who were contributing money and who know there are people who will vote Obama regardless, he confirmed that he would spend their money wisely.

If you don't get that you don't have any business or common sense.

Last edited by petch751; 04-06-2014 at 06:01 PM..

Old 04-06-2014, 06:24 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Your first mistake was shopping at WalMart....ewwww

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Swung by walmart last night after putting in a 16 hour day, it was 2300 hours and I needed a few more things for my daughter's birthday today.
Now, I generally avoid walmart as a rule, but I decided to hit it for just a few things.
My observations from walmart at midnight...
*They got cheap food. $2.89 for a pound of smoked ham? Bought 2 pounds
*Name-brand soup at .39 cents can? I would have killed for that stuuf in my preteen years. WTF? Bought 6 cans, beans with bacon, tomato, and chicken noodle
*WTF do all these people let their kids run loose while they're stacked up 2 deep at the telecommunications counter?
*Looking around the store, comparing prices, and brands, I never knew before tonight walmart offered their own generic brand of items at about half the price. Growing up, I would have begged to have access for those items. And still people ***** about the amount of welfare they get
*Times change, now they beg for IPhones, section8 voutchers, free bus passes, free school lunches, obviously free emergency room health care(dont even waste time going after obamacare, which was created for them), free daycare, and the free education system their children receive, to get them up to speed on the benefits they'll someday soon qualify for.

Fricken cry if you want, but if you worked for a living and had children of your own you actually cared about, you'd be pissed too.
This bull has went on too long, tired of working like a dog and feeding animals.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:28 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Then me and you have a common goal. When I finally woke up and saw what Obama and Democrats were about I put my plans on overdrive. We saw how much we paid in taxes and said what the hell, why the hell should we bust our asses to pay so damn much, my husband retired, long story why I am staying on. Instead of hiring people to do a big renovation project on my house I decided against it. I am pushing my car as far as possible. Hoarding, i.e... not contributing to the economy. And much more...

Screw it.
Good deal...I am proud of you.

I pulled all my money out of banks with the exception of what I need in the business account.

Obama will get no tax money from me.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:48 PM

55 posts, read 41,532 times
HEYYYYY!!!!!!! Most employees of the DoD desrve their pay!!! Its is consistent!!! I am a United Sates Marine and fall under the Department of Defense.... I could tell you honestly, that I put in a lot more hours, blood, sweat, tears and sacrifice a burger flipper from Mc Donalds puts in!!!! I earned EVERY cent and EVERY penny that I get from Uncle Sam!!!!!!

Old 04-06-2014, 07:59 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKORE0811 View Post
HEYYYYY!!!!!!! Most employees of the DoD desrve their pay!!! Its is consistent!!! I am a United Sates Marine and fall under the Department of Defense.... I could tell you honestly, that I put in a lot more hours, blood, sweat, tears and sacrifice a burger flipper from Mc Donalds puts in!!!! I earned EVERY cent and EVERY penny that I get from Uncle Sam!!!!!!
You most certainly DO NOT!!! You earn a hell of a lot more..(Especially if you are at 29 stumps) Thank you for your service ..
Doc

Old 04-06-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
So what do you say to The Cato Institute estimates that the U.S. federal government spends $100 billion a year on corporate welfare. That’s an average of $870 for each one of America’s 115 million families? Or the 2012 Cato paper on global subsidy reform, the US government provides myriad taxpayer-funded benefits to agribusiness, green energy, automobile manufacturers, and whole host of other US businesses. *Even worse, the $100 billion figure is up significantly (about $10 billion) over the last two budget-strapped years? Or

Continued next post
If corporations are so awful, greedy and bad for the country, then shouldn't we be celebrating when they decide to close their plants here and move overseas?

Old 04-06-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
You most certainly DO NOT!!! You earn a hell of a lot more..(Especially if you are at 29 stumps) Thank you for your service ..
Doc
For your information the DoD pay is consistent NATION WIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As far as being in 29 Palms???? If you are married you actually get $800 less than if you rated BAH with dependents in San Diego/Pendleton area... So I have no earthly idea where you get your source of information from????? Another thing.... I have a VERY healthy respect for our Corpsman, so it is an honor that you would call me Doc, yet I do not deserve it, so I ask that you refrain from granting me an improper title.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:33 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKORE0811 View Post
For your information the DoD pay is consistent NATION WIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As far as being in 29 Palms???? If you are married you actually get $800 less than if you rated BAH with dependents in San Diego/Pendleton area... So I have no earthly idea where you get your source of information from????? Another thing.... I have a VERY healthy respect for our Corpsman, so it is an honor that you would call me Doc, yet I do not deserve it, so I ask that you refrain from granting me an improper title.
Apparently you misunderstood my entire post. I am saying you earn more than you get. You deserve much more. As for respecting your Corpsman, that is great. I was one. Assigned to the 1st marines. I was signing my post to you as DOC. That's me. Incidentally, I have the utmost respect for "my" Marines.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:06 PM

That's good, I'm still a noob at blogging so please forgive me... Your post however was very vague so I once again apologize if I let my passion get the best of me! My only request is that next time you could blog with a bit more diction and clarity to prevent you from being so grossly misunderstood....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.