Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2014, 07:23 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,802,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Can you see yourself voting for a Democrat? If not, why?

I'm an old fart, and my advice would be to strip yourself of any and all labels. See yourself as lilyflower, nothing more, nothing less. Labels are a divisive tool, used by the powerful to divide us.

There is nothing wrong with supporting a party, but it appears you are independent minded. That is a gift that should be nurtured.
lol, blowing smoke or pandering?

Old 04-05-2014, 07:24 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,776,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
No problem I have never viewed you or anybody as my enemy.

I am here to learn, so I can make right decision when I vote.

I am a young generation of Republican in my 20s, but I won't vote for a Republican just because.. But so far, I cannot see myself being a Democrat Hope this is acceptable.
Im a moderate lily, i agree with your friend. We need more free thinkers then those who just go with what they are told. I have always thought you were a smart young lady. So continue to educate yourself

Old 04-05-2014, 07:26 PM

39,336 posts, read 27,722,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
It not that i don't get it, i do and agree to welfare reform. Its just we are not talking welfare reform if we don't recognise corporate welfare as that.

I am also your friend lily and would do almost anything for you ok.
You see, this is the attitude I have problem with.

We have now a half-functioning economy, and one of our safety-net programs for the poorest families has been designed in order to keep as many of them out as possible. That seems like a bigger problem than the possibility that Obama might tinker with a few of its policy details.

The welfare program stopped working because it has stopped helping the poor a long time ago.

But every single time, anybody bring up welfare reform, and such, you people always bring up corporate welfare, military budget. I am all for military budget cut, but it does not mean that all these feel good programs cannot be touched.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
No one gets rich from a 401k.
Funny, I didn't say they did. A 401k is a everyday Americans way of saying when I retire I will have less income so I will save pretax dollars. And since my income will be lower it will be taxed lower.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:27 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,543,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
lol, blowing smoke or pandering?
Funny, petch. Sorry to sting ya so bad. Didn't know you were so sensitive. Oh...I wasn't talking to you...

Old 04-05-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Funny, petch. Sorry to sting ya so bad. Didn't know you were so sensitive. Oh...I wasn't talking to you...
Sting? No I am laughing and lily has excellent observation skills when she says that every time someone brings up welfare reform someone always brings up corporate welfare. Of course me and you know those are lefties.

Quote:
But every single time, anybody bring up welfare reform, and such, you people always bring up corporate welfare, military budget. I am all for military budget cut, but it does not mean that all these free good program cannot be touched.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:

We have now a half-functioning economy, and one of our safety-net programs for the poorest families has been designed in order to keep as many of them out as possible. That seems like a bigger problem than the possibility that Obama might tinker with a few of its policy details.

The welfare program stopped working because it has stopped helping the poor a long time ago.

But every single time, anybody bring up welfare reform, and such, you people always bring up corporate welfare, military budget. I am all for military budget cut, but it does not mean that all these free good program cannot be touched.
Ok i guess i will have to ask, what makes you think welfare hasn't helped the poor? Which program are you talking about? Do you think its the majority or minority of welfare recipients that are abusing the system? I believe in helping those in need but who defines what need is?

Old 04-05-2014, 07:38 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,543,305 times
Quote:

If we cut military spending and close corporate tax loopholes, that savings could be passed on to us in the form of lower taxes. We would have more disposable income, which would create more consumer spending, which would create more jobs here at home. That alone would go a long way in reducing the welfare rolls. We're all human beings with the same wants and needs. If and when opportunities exist, people will seize those opportunities. Free market economies have boom and bust cycles built in, so there will occasionally be a need for assistance, but just look to history to see that when offered a position, people respond by filling those positions. Like I said, little girls don't dream of becoming welfare queens (little boys, neither).

Old 04-05-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Sting? No I am laughing and lily has excellent observation skills when she says that every time someone brings up welfare reform someone always brings up corporate welfare. Of course me and you know those are lefties.
Uhmmm sorry im not a lefty, im a moderate and a free thinker lol.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:43 PM

Quote:
If we cut military spending and close corporate tax loopholes, that savings could be passed on to us in the form of lower taxes. We would have more disposable income, which would create more consumer spending, which would create more jobs here at home. That alone would go a long way in reducing the welfare rolls. We're all human beings with the same wants and needs. If and when opportunities exist, people will seize those opportunities. Free market economies have boom and bust cycles built in, so there will occasionally be a need for assistance, but just look to history to see that when offered a position, people respond by filling those positions. Like I said, little girls don't dream of becoming welfare queens (little boys, neither).
Gee you make my argument and point sound so easy when you write it. Bummer but good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies