Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2014, 10:21 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
I agree.

Democrats and ACA supporters just don't get it. They think Repubs and conservative are all the party of hate.

But there is zero way the Democrats could have pass the ACA without "including" the middle class into the ACA. They could not say we are just going to expand medicaid. It's political suicide not to include the middle class. The facts remain 80% of the new sign ups are from medicaid expansion. It's not really including the middle class. It's not sustainable.

And worst of all, it involves heavy regulation into the health industry.

Why don't the Dems regulate the law industry. Make it so low income people get access to "private" top notch attorneys (none of this pro bono crap lawyers cherry pick). Force top attorneys to defend all low income criminals and make that 10% of their clientele.
I don't think of the R's or conservatives as a party of hate. I think of them as the party of neglect when it comes to health insurance/health care. They had plenty of time to deal with some of the obvious issues, pre-existing conditions among them, and did nothing. Obamacare isn't the correct solution, but R's offered none of their own until it was too late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 10:23 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
why do you hate that people are getting hc ins coverage?
/fail

Old 03-28-2014, 10:39 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I don't think of the R's or conservatives as a party of hate. I think of them as the party of neglect when it comes to health insurance/health care. They had plenty of time to deal with some of the obvious issues, pre-existing conditions among them, and did nothing. Obamacare isn't the correct solution, but R's offered none of their own until it was too late.
What was it 85% of Americans had well priced Insurance coverage?
Most of the others were mostly recent immigrants working in low pay jobs.

Even with Ocare, there will still be 30 million without coverage.

How did Ocare improve the numbers ?

Old 03-28-2014, 10:45 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Man. Where can I vote. Like the mEssiah he is, Mr Prez pulls a rabbit out of the hat. Six million people have signed up for Obamacare. Ahead of schedule and on target with the revised target. Obamacare enrollment at 6 million, hits goal: White House

'Course, he nor Kath, nor Nance, nor harry can tell you:

1. How many people actually paid the premium

2. How many people gained insurance for the first time

3. What the demographics look like

and, on and on and on. I smell a skunk in this miraculous numbers.
Not to mention Lord Obama's waivers $ lawless decrees that make it impossible for insurers to write policies.There is Hope a new Copper plan that costs twice as much than its worth...

Old 03-28-2014, 10:57 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,962 times
Quote:
Hey pal the Republicans weren't invited to the party for their input behind Harry Reid's locked door.The Republicans were told they could not drive anymore,to take a back sit from the Great Divider Obama.This mindless community organizer thus silenced millions of American constituents these Republican lawmakers represent from having their voices heard on Obamacare.You are being duped by a master con artist...

Old 03-28-2014, 10:59 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,785,206 times
Quote:
You are correct it's not the correct solution. And that's the crux of the entire discussion. A law that's passed that's hurting millions of federal taxpaying citizens and helping millions of low or none federal tax paying citizens is not a good law. It's just wealth redistribution.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
What was it 85% of Americans had well priced Insurance coverage?
Most of the others were mostly recent immigrants working in low pay jobs.

Even with Ocare, there will still be 30 million without coverage.

How did Ocare improve the numbers ?
I'm not defending Ocare nor blaming the R's for its passage. The fact is, they had many years to address the serious problems and did nothing. It wasn't until 2009, when Ocare became a real possibility, that the R's felt forced to offer alternatives. Too little, too late.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Hey pal the Republicans weren't invited to the party for their input behind Harry Reid's locked door.The Republicans were told they could not drive anymore,to take a back sit from the Great Divider Obama.This mindless community organizer thus silenced millions of American constituents these Republican lawmakers represent from having their voices heard on Obamacare.You are being duped by a master con artist...
You're another knee-jerker who can't grasp a simple concept. Where were the R's Before Ocare entered the picture. Sure, they came up with all sorts of options for pre-existing conditions, gaps in coverage, competition, etc., After Ocare was on the table. What did they do when the ball was in their court. Zip.

Old 03-28-2014, 12:06 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
There is a website ACASignups.net | Tracking Enrollments for the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) that attempts to keep track of the enrollments through medicaid, through the state exchanges and based on the young adults who get to stay on their parents insurance until they are 26.

The number on the high end right now totals over 16million Americans on the low end about 13million and really the law just started having its main impact.

The prices are lower than projected, and the vast majority of people who sign up who had insurance previously are saving money at least on the monthly premiums.

It remains the case that if you are an American who has a modest income and has children and whose employer doesn't offer insurance, this law was specifically designed for Americans like you.

In the state of IL such a person who is 30 makes $25,000 with one child could get the a silver plan for $94 a month that would pay for 87% of covered benefits, or that same person could get the Bronze plan and pay $361 per year or $30 a month that would pay for 60% of covered benefits.

I tell anyone who doesn't have insurance check out these plans for yourself and don't listen to insane conservatives who don't give a damn about the uninsured as much as they hate President Obama.

The mistake that liberals and Democrats continue to make is to believe that conservatives are concerned with policy outcomes in the real world and want to actually deal with real problems in society.

They don't.

If the law covers a lot of people they'll be upset about the subsidies. If the law doesn't cover a lot of people they'll be happy it failed, but upset that it was passed.

For conservatives there is no change in feelings about the law, no matter the policy outcome of the law.

conservatives arrive at political conclusions not based on policy, but based on the question of who, as in who is pushing for this policy and who benefits from this policy.

If conservatives identify with the politician pushing the policy or the people getting the benefit of the policy, they are far less likely to demonize and lie about it.

There are no facts that can be posted that will cause them to question their ironclad belief because their ironclad belief isn't about the policy/law outcomes, it is about who passed the law President Obama and the Democratic party and who they perceive will benefit from the law, not people like themselves or their families.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:56 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Imagine letting the federal government institute single payer!

No thanks.
Medicare system works pretty damn good and it's for those old people who use 90% of the health care in the nation. Ask any Tea Partier. Go ahead, I dare you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies