Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 06:09 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Congradulations Texas! You will have more children born to the poor who can least afford them! Enjoy the additional expenses.
There are times money has to take a back seat. There are other issues to consider and Russia is considering them as well.

Russia sees shift on abortion - Los Angeles Times

" Russians are dying faster than they're being born, a trend that has emerged as one of the most serious challenges faced by this sprawling, scantily populated land."

How long does American continue to abort babies, before we are on the soon to be extinction list?

The first step towards the right direction is to stop calling unborn babies a fetus.

Be fruitful and multiply as there are consequences if we don't.

Sooner of later the need for survival will kick in and abortion will then become a thing of the past and an unacceptable social behavior, like smoking is now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 06:23 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,399,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
Have you ever said "Oh My God" as a reflex? Just wait until something becomes life threatening in your world. Like they say, there are no atheists in fox holes.

So how many "foxholes" have you been in son to make you an expert? Trust me, when the stuff hits the fan, your chances of survival are higher if you allow your training to kick in versus rolling up in a ball and crying like a little christian girl.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:40 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Hurray for respect for life!

Watch liberals call the all female panel "gender traitors".
The "respect for life" in this particular ruling is the Life of the Mother. The Texas Abortion Mills were suing the State of Texas about the laws for the clinic inspections, the doctor certifications and that a doctor had to both perform the abortion (as opposed to either a high school kid like in the Gosner clinic in PA) and have admitting privileges at a hospital within 30 miles. The "30 mile" thing is not an issue if the doctor is actually properly credentialed (some of the "doctors" they have listed are in their 80's and don't even show up at the clinics) because almost all these Abortion Mills are in high population areas with a lot of hospitals. If these "clinics" can't get a hospital to accept their patients in distress -- there is something seriously wrong with the Clinic.

It shouldn't be a shock to anyone that a panel of Women Judges think its reasonable for ANY clinic that performs surgery to have well credentialed doctors who can admit distressed patients to a hospital.

Wendy Davis did her fake filibuster about the 20 week rule, but that is not what the Abortion Mills sued on because they don't actually care about that - the 20 week rule is both reasonable and widely used world-wide. They sued because they don't want Clinic inspections and Doctors who are acceptable at local hospitals.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:45 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
There are times money has to take a back seat. There are other issues to consider and Russia is considering them as well.

" Russians are dying faster than they're being born, a trend that has emerged as one of the most serious challenges faced by this sprawling, scantily populated land."

How long does American continue to abort babies, before we are on the soon to be extinction list?

The first step towards the right direction is to stop calling unborn babies a fetus.

Sooner of later the need for survival will kick in and abortion will then become a thing of the past and an unacceptable social behavior, like smoking is now.
Yes be fruitful and multiply, we can continue to double the worlds population every few decades and ignore the consequences.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:58 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz
Well, it IS Texas, where they still have official Days of Prayer for Rain.

Of course he/she does... because he/she is Canadian, and they know everything.
Lol! Sure, attack the fact that I'm Canadian, when you have nothing else.
Are you going to dispute the FACT that Texas has official Days of Prayer for Rain?
I even posted it from a right-wing news source, so you can't blame Huffington Post and all their "spin".

Old 03-27-2014, 08:01 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Have you ever said "Oh My God" as a reflex? Just wait until something becomes life threatening in your world. Like they say, there are no atheists in fox holes.
Don't be absurd. You're projecting.
You think I haven't experienced anything life-threatening? When I thought I had minutes to live, I didn't turn to imaginary Bronze Age deities. Why would I?

Old 03-27-2014, 08:02 PM

1,935 posts, read 1,825,998 times
OK so white Americans cannot steal white abandoned babies for adoption any longer, so now American women must have babies?? Why don't men get castrated that would solve the problem of abortion! Stop these CRAZY laws!

Old 03-27-2014, 08:03 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Well, it IS Texas, where they still have official Days of Prayer for Rain.
. Obviously, you've never been to Texas, but that's okay. Just don't believe everything you read on a blog or hear during a campaign.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-28-2014 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 03-27-2014, 08:08 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Nah, not a clue.

Gov. Rick Perry, a devout Christian, is calling on all Texans to pray for rain as most of the state battles an extreme and exceptional drought.
Perry has proclaimed a three-day period, from Friday to Sunday, as Days of Prayer for Rain in the state.

Texas Governor Asks Residents to Pray for Rain Amid Extreme Drought | Fox News
I live in Texas and never prayed. Is a proclamation really all that official? Just the governor saying, "Hey, I'm going to ask people to pray for rain because I have my eyes on the Republican nomination for President [or maybe Governor] and I want to play to my base."

The country has a National Day of Prayer, so it's really no big deal.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:14 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post

It seems all you want to do is breed without any regard to what happens to these kids who are not wanted. So many have been waiting to be adopted and just to be loved. Why don't we care about these kids who are already here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies