Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 03:38 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,289,827 times

Advertisements

No, I find American politics interesting and entertaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 03:39 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,619,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Ahem.

You do know that this is the United States of America, right?

What's all the talk about bloodlines?

I'd venture to guess that most Americans have diverse backgrounds (or bloodlines, if you like).

I am English, Russian, and Polish.

Seen a Martian lately?
So Mayans never existed to begin with, so we should not wonder as to their extinction and/or the social behaviors that may have led to that extinction? Neither that or corrective action isn't necessary to insure we don't wind up the same way. Stay the course of killing the babies and shoot we'll last forever.

It's okay...like I said, we are a people that we are really just not that smart to make good choices for ourselves or each other. Our extinction is inevitable, just as the Mayans before us.

Oh and I'm German by the way...my birth mother lived in Shulenburg, TX, just outside of Houston. Hint, she didn't abort.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:40 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,490,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
That's fine, but you have to admit it reeks of "the pot calling the kettle black" when you tell others to mind their own business when discussing your opposition to laws in the US.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Really. I find it sad myself.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:42 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,736,518 times
Quote:
Here's another idea; mind your own business.

Don't worry. You'll collapse from lack of resources before your population dwindles due to right-wingers not being allowed to force women to have children against their will.

There was a day, that responsibility was taught. The easy way and the hard way.
Today, very few are responsible and want to be bailed out by someone else, when things don't go their way.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Really. I find it sad myself.
Were I an American I'd probably feel the same way; Canadian politics used to be boring, now it's just depressing. But American politics don't really affect my life.

Also, I get a bit of a sneak preview. Canada is odd in that it watches the US do everything wrong, then follows suit about ten years later.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Here's another idea; mind your own business.

Don't worry. You'll collapse from lack of resources before your population dwindles due to right-wingers not being allowed to force women to have children against their will.
You do know abortion is never going to go away right? Never. Just like war is never going to go away. Just like killing and justifying that killing is never going to go away. It is much harder for the government to control well populated countries where the diversity of thought and their influence on laws against stronger government is greater.

Less people, less to worry about. Until one day of course it's just gone, but we don't want to talk about that.

Anymore than we want to talk about taking personal responsibility for ones actions without the aid of government intervention.

See, when tax dollars pay (Obamacare covers) that is when what you do, becomes, every body business.

Funny how that works.

Some one is being manipulated here and I don't think it's me.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There was a day, that responsibility was taught. The easy way and the hard way.
Today, very few are responsible and want to be bailed out by someone else, when things don't go their way.
Like when women are allowed to terminate abortions even though it makes the right sad? Like that?

Old 03-28-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
That's fine, but you have to admit it reeks of "the pot calling the kettle black" when you tell others to mind their own business when discussing your opposition to laws in the US.
It doesn't, because I'm not actually proposing legislation that interferes in a woman's personal decision because it upsets me personally.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Were I an American I'd probably feel the same way; Canadian politics used to be boring, now it's just depressing. But American politics don't really affect my life.

Also, I get a bit of a sneak preview. Canada is odd in that it watches the US do everything wrong, then follows suit about ten years later.
I should have paid more attention to the 'location'.

I think the U.S. watches Europe. So much of what we do goes hand in hand with what I see coming up out of there.

Some of the states have keep British laws on their books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies