Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 04:16 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
And I suppose you think Bush and Rove and those in his administration were "Conservatives?"
No, of course not!

They were only conservatives when they were doing something you approved of.

When they did something you didn't approve of, they were RINOs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 05:26 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Talking r-i-i-i-ght...

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It may be correct to say that unhappy people are more likely to adopt leftist positions. You know "hope and change". Why? because they are not happy and want change.

Take black Americans, for example. It makes perfect sense that a black American who is essentially happy is going to be less attracted to the Left. Anyone who has interacted with black conservatives rarely encounters an angry, unhappy person. Why?

Because the liberal view on race is that America is a racist society. BUT. It is very hard, if not impossible, to be a happy person while believing that society is out to hurt you. So, the unhappy black person will gravitate to liberalism and liberalism will in turn make him more unhappy by reinforcing his view that he is a victim.

Read more at Why Unhappy People Become Liberals - The Black Sphere
This forum is a good example of the happiness of right wingers. And your happy post is true to that form.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:35 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
It's fantasy to you because you're guzzling the leftist kool aide. Here is a hint: you may want to look up what libertarians actually stand for, instead of spewing lies and spreading propaganda! Repeating a lie over and over does not make it true. Furthermore, I already told you that I supported none of the policies you're complaining about, so are you then calling me a liar?
Again libertarians are conservatives because they mostly believe the somethings and mostly vote for conservatives.

I don't know why you think telling me what you supported is relevant to the fact that conservatives were cheerleading for torture, indefinite detention, pre-emptive war, the Patriot Act, etc. conservatives were all in on those policies.

Old 03-29-2014, 04:40 AM

1,074 posts, read 758,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Yet you think it is better to have someone that has to throw an election to become president? America was reduced to a banana republic when W was put in office...as he was not elected.
Oh, Please! Can we not get over this? He was not "put in office" but he was elected. The endless recounting that sore loser Al Gore initiated, complete with people scrutinizing "hanging chad" to determine a voter's true intent, was the failed effort of the Democrats to steal the election for Gore. This is not even arguable. Get over it!

The Supreme Court finally had to end this national nightmare by essentially telling the Democrats that if they wanted to continue to recount, they must recount every precinct the same. The Democrats wanted to pick and choose. The Supreme Court did not "put Bush in office" but it did force an end to the ridiculous recount fiasco that the Democrats began (which they do every time they wish to steal an election — as in the election of Al Franken).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I know facts are so inconvenient but here they are again for the remedial class at hand:
Obama won - get over it, and yes he is a black man in the white house
He took over in the midst of an economic colapse brought on by failed policies and practices of the Republican party.
Wrong! The policies that caused the collapse were Democrat policies begun under Jimmy Carter, and expanded by Bill Clinton. Republicans warned that those policies would end exactly as they did. The Democrats pooh poohed these warnings as purely politically motivated. The video's of those hearings are probably still available on Youtube. I have listened to them many times in the past. Democrats flatly denied any problems.

Facts are inconvenient, aren't they? Deal with them!

Old 03-29-2014, 07:04 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,397,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
A quick search shows every ones life expectancy about 1850 was around 38, 1860-42 and by 1900 was about 48.

It's like saying everyone who eats tomatoes dies. Statistical lies that you like to spread.

Mapping History
The data showed that slaves still had a much shorter life expectancy, mainly due to poor treatment of pregnant slave women. This isn't "statistical lies" it's just bare bones facts.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:26 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Arent you at all embarassed to be posting non stop talking points without any bit of fact or original thought to back it up?
You mean like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The people who have benefited from his policies dont care..
???????

Old 03-29-2014, 07:29 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Worst mistake?

Just WHAT has Obama done that compares in damage to the country with asinine mistakes like the needless, meaningless, unnecessary war of choice LBJ led us into or similar betrayals of the public trust?

Old 03-29-2014, 07:31 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
If there had never been slavery would 95% of black voters vote Democrat?
Considering it was Republicans who abolished slavery, I'll never understand why they vote Democratic..

Old 03-29-2014, 07:35 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Didn't support it then, and don't support it now. The question is, why did Obama continue it?
And not veto the NDAA. As bad as the Patriot Act is, the NDAA is miles worse.

A true "small government" conservative would repeal both of those horrible laws in a heartbeat.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:38 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,036,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The US has had a few miscalculations and errors in its history, but perhaps the most impulsive, ill conceived action in modern history has been the election of Obama into the White House.

We have a man in the White House with-

no executive experience
dubious far left and communist associates and role models
very little experience at all in politics
questionable work ethic in previous academic jobs
an unknown academic background which is still hidden from the public
a notion that the US is no better than any other nation
a vow to carry out the "dreams of his father" who was a marxist

The world is a more dangerous place due to the power vacuum provided by a weak leader with no effective foreign policy and "red lines" which are crossed and not questioned. The average American is poorer than in any time, other than the Great Depression.

Have we learned our lesson yet?
Someday, all the raving Obama haters might realize that regardless of which hand-puppet we elect, they all answer to the same masters.

I have no love of Obama, but I have to honestly consider Bush Jr. worse... of course, that's like comparing which lethal poison you'd like for dinner, but you get the idea.

The key point to remember is this: when the big banks suddenly found that they were no longer making a fortune at the expense of our nation and wanted a Bailout back in 2008, both Obama and McCain rushed back to DC to hand them billions - and later trillions - of dollars with no real strings attached. That should make it clear who both parties really serve.

If that's not enough, the list of people from both parties who have supported every law that has gutted this nation's jobs, from Nafta onwards, is huge... both parties are in the pocket of big business and the elite, and neither one of them cares at all about the American people or the working class.

But, why let facts get in the way of crazy rants. I'm sure if next time "your team" wins, everything will go great...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies