Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 06:43 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,045,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Tax new Religious places heavily. Then people will think 100 times before building any place of worship-be it Christian, Muslim or Hindu. People will go to places which are already there.
Religion has become a lucrative business.
What's the point of doing this? Why not just live and let live?

Old 04-11-2014, 07:32 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Tax new Religious places heavily. Then people will think 100 times before building any place of worship-be it Christian, Muslim or Hindu. People will go to places which are already there.
Religion has become a lucrative business.
Political religions should be taxed. In fact, they should be taxed even under our current laws but no administration has been brave enough to actually enforce the rule that revokes tax-exempt status from politically active religions, as a whole.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:40 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
And Fred Phelps was a pastor. Doesn't mean all Christians everywhere are like him. If you do a little digging you will find that Chaudery is about as representative of western Muslims as Phelps was of Christians.

You want to undermine folks like this Chaudery? Meet Muslims, Introduce yourself. Be nice, be helpful. Be respectful of their faith,and get to know them. Be their friend, invite them for dinner, ask them about their children. the crazies are trying to incite division and anger for their own personal gain, why give them the satisfaction?

-NoCapo
Phelps was just one guy with about a dozen follows, most of which were his family members. There are "Sharia4(country)" groups all over the world, as I have already explained. But the only real "debate" I have seen here from pro-islamists is name-calling and threatening to drop sharia on me...

Old 04-11-2014, 09:35 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
What's the point of doing this? Why not just live and let live?
The point is to make sure no new, uppity religions gain a foothold, when everybody can already go to a nice Christain church.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:57 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Comparing Muslims to Nazi's or the KKK is absurd, I doubt you even know one other than your own biased point of view. Judging an entire religion or race based on the actions of a few is ignorant.
Is Saudi Arabia just a few Muslims? How do they treat their women? How about Iran? Women can't even drive a car or walk alone do you call this freedom? How about being stoned to death for speaking to a man?

It's not just their religion, it's their laws!

Old 04-11-2014, 10:58 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Is Saudi Arabia just a few Muslims? How do they treat their women? How about Iran? Women can't even drive a car or walk alone do you call this freedom? How about being stoned to death for speaking to a man?

It's not just their religion, it's their laws!
That certainly does not represent the majority of Muslims or of Muslim countries.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:04 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
That certainly does not represent the majority of Muslims or of Muslim countries.
Which country gives women the same rights as men?

Old 04-11-2014, 11:44 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Which country gives women the same rights as men?
Albania

Kazakhstan

Kosovo

Algeria

Azerbaijan

Indonesia (the most populated Muslim country in the world, has a female President)

Morocco

Syria

Tunisia (higher proportion of women in parliament than the US Congress)

Turkey

Malaysia

Old 04-12-2014, 12:25 AM

455 posts, read 771,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDWILLY View Post
i don't understand why anyone should care about a mosque and why there's even a moment of debating about it. what's to debate?
Many things SDWILLY. Muslims are very good at distorting logic in order to maintain their strength. In every majority​ ​Muslim society, other religions are violently persecuted if not banned outright. Tolerance is a one way street with Muslims.

You might have noticed SDWILLY that most terrorists are Muslims. Muslim terrorists have committed attacks on every continent in the name of Islam​ -- 9/11, Fort Hood, Boston Marathon Bombings, Decapitation of British Soldier etc....just add up all the failed terror attempts by radical Muslims. The fact that the FBI, Law Enforcement and Intelligence Agencies have broken up over 70 Muslim Islamist terrorist plots against the United States since 9/11. It would seem that it's time to wake up to the meaning and reality of Islam.

Muslims can be peaceful and fairly well behaved when their numbers are small. The average Muslim may ignore the radical tenants of their religion, but if they fail to suppress the radicals among them, then they really shouldn't complain about being profiled. When Muslims get sufficient numbers in a country, they push for​ ​Sharia​....it's already happening in ​parts of ​Europe​, and in​ England, where Sharia Law is currently applied for family law cases. Muslims who moved to the U.S. from other countries need to comprehend that this is America and the established laws of our Constitution, amendments, and courts are the "law of the land". They can either accept these laws or move back to their own homelands -- Sharia law has no place in the civilized world.

Old 04-12-2014, 12:42 AM

362 posts, read 589,757 times
islam is a religion -these people are crazy,not that i want too many muslims here i guess

i dont think i dislike them-many i like i guess

visiting muslim lands was or could be ok i guess -it depends
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies