Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 09:50 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
Your correct...DEATH is the only product of a gun. All other instances are not the reason a gun is designed. A true marksman can shoot air air gun with happiness and delight; certainly an air gun is more challenging for a true competitor.

Do we celebrate the butchers knife? Is there an organization that protects the person that uses a hammer to kill cows in a slaughter pen? The NRA is only there to ensure a steady supply of income for the gun manufacturers.

The gun enthuiziasts are not far removed from membership in the Manson family...the only logical result from a guns intended use is death.
Every single day that I feed my pets their raw dinner, you bet I celebrate that knife. It makes it so easy to cut through so that I can create adequate sized pieces for my pets. All hail the butcher knife! I love it.

Quote:
Precisely my point...! Guns are designed to kill and nothing else. I do agree that a PERSON is the reason the trigger is pulled. The AVAILABILTY of guns is the problem. Also the use of guns by anyone under 18 year of age should be criminal. After all, a 9 year old is not allowed to drive. Why allow a child access to a gun that can kill more effiently than a car?
My dad took me out shooting when I was six years old. The only thing I "killed" with his rifle was a bunch of cans. Shooting wasn't the only lesson that day, but I have a feeling you aren't interested in hearing about how some parents educate their children.

Old 03-31-2014, 11:48 AM

10,759 posts, read 5,676,526 times
Quote:
Your correct...DEATH is the only product of a gun. All other instances are not the reason a gun is designed. A true marksman can shoot air air gun with happiness and delight; certainly an air gun is more challenging for a true competitor.

Do we celebrate the butchers knife? Is there an organization that protects the person that uses a hammer to kill cows in a slaughter pen? The NRA is only there to ensure a steady supply of income for the gun manufacturers.

The gun enthuiziasts are not far removed from membership in the Manson family...the only logical result from a guns intended use is death.
I see that you chose not to answer the question, and instead decided to double-down on a bunch of nonsensical anti-gun talking points.

I hope that you aren't confused about why no one in this thread is taking you seriously.

Old 03-31-2014, 11:54 AM

29,499 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Precisely my point...! Guns are designed to kill and nothing else. I do agree that a PERSON is the reason the trigger is pulled. The AVAILABILTY of guns is the problem. Also the use of guns by anyone under 18 year of age should be criminal. After all, a 9 year old is not allowed to drive. Why allow a child access to a gun that can kill more effiently than a car?
You really need to do some research before you spew off things you have no clue about. Again you blurt out something that has no fact , just driven by emotion. You really should become more informed on a topic you want to debate.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:07 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post

Or in the Kunming massacre earlier this month, in which (as usual) the perps were reported as being "separatists" (the media's favorite word) instead of Muslims.

Looks like the jihad has made its way to China, but that's another story.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:12 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:

What an illogical statement, and one which makes no attempt whatsoever to differentiate murder from killing (the latter being the term when one kills in war or in self-defense).

But then that's no surprise, because those who'd disarm legal gun owners cry horseball tears for perps.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:21 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,686,915 times
"The gun enthuiziasts are not far removed from membership in the Manson family."

This evil person is far removed from the handle displayed on the posts. Possession of personal weapons to defend one's self, family, village or nation has been rooted in common law, the Bible and our Constitution since the beginning.

In most states it is lawful to stop at a yard sale and buy a knife, hatchet,hammer, chain saw and .357 Magnum revolver. It is nobody's business what you buy at a yard sale. You can swap that .357 Magnum at a local gravel pit for a nice rifle. That is also legal in most states.

Gun violence has gone down by half in our nation over the last 20 years. It continues to decline. The reason it is declining is that more and more citizens are carrying concealed firearms. Progressives want to take all our guns. They say so. Law enforcement has no appetite for being on the front lines of the resultant war if this begins. Many of them will be on the side of the citizens, not the progressives.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:37 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
One can certainly hope that the suspected pedophile and draft dodger Nugent will put a stranglehold on someone and it would be sublime to see him self destruct...
I suspect you of being a pedophile. There. Now you are tainted for life. No matter where you go or what you say, you will always have been once suspected of being a pedophile.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:43 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Quote:
the only use for a gun is to kill
Hysterics who fear guns often tell this lie, usually in hopes it won't get challenged and debunked.

But in fact, guns are used far more often to deter crimes ands stop criminals, than they are to kill (or even to commit ALL gun crimes). Study after study has found this... including quite a few studies where the people who commissioned them, were shocked and embarrassed at the results.

CDC Gun Violence Study Didn't Give Obama White House Outcome It Wanted - Investors.com

http://www.ncjrs.org/pdffiles/165476.pdf

Clearly, if law-abiding citizens were forbidden guns, there would be a LOT more crimes committed and innocent people killed.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:42 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times

Some stuff just doesn't like being shot at. - YouTube

Old 04-01-2014, 11:56 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,417,337 times
The OP is correct. Other than guns that are made only for target shooting or for show, guns are designed to be able to kill. But.....guns do not have a life of their own and are completely dependant on the operator. A gun left on a table or in a drawer or floor. etc is unable to fire on it's own. Therefore it is completely safe. So, what if the OP is correct? I can say that every person is born to kill. That makes about as much sense as her statement. IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies