Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 07:37 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,217,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
Your correct...DEATH is the only product of a gun. All other instances are not the reason a gun is designed. A true marksman can shoot air air gun with happiness and delight; certainly an air gun is more challenging for a true competitor.

Do we celebrate the butchers knife? Is there an organization that protects the person that uses a hammer to kill cows in a slaughter pen? The NRA is only there to ensure a steady supply of income for the gun manufacturers.

The gun enthuiziasts are not far removed from membership in the Manson family...the only logical result from a guns intended use is death.
Sorry christine, but you're delerious. I legally have owned weapons for years, and NONE have ever killed or injured anyone. The ONLY time I ever used a weapon to take a life was in the military, so chew on that awhile.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:39 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,384,529 times
Quote:
Your correct...DEATH is the only product of a gun. All other instances are not the reason a gun is designed. A true marksman can shoot air air gun with happiness and delight; certainly an air gun is more challenging for a true competitor.

Do we celebrate the butchers knife? Is there an organization that protects the person that uses a hammer to kill cows in a slaughter pen? The NRA is only there to ensure a steady supply of income for the gun manufacturers.

The gun enthuiziasts are not far removed from membership in the Manson family...the only logical result from a guns intended use is death.
Yes.....the butcher knife is celebrated on grills all over the world....and at fast food joints.....any place people eat.

If you don't like the NRA...don't join.....where is the problem???

Old 03-31-2014, 07:39 AM

29,580 posts, read 14,725,408 times
Quote:

Wow... it scares me to know there are people this ignorant out there. I'd rather be surrounded by legal CPL holders that people as closed minded as you. It's like talking to a teenager... they just don't get it.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:41 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,224,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
I'm a gun owner and a holder of a concealed handgun permit and I agree with the courts decision. I also have a particular dislike of men that abuse women and anyone that abuses animals.
I agree with you completely about those that genuinely abuse anyone, but the court left the door wide open to corrupt interpretation by saying that violence doesn't have to be involved to cause a person to lose their right to gun possession. Who decides what constitutes "abuse" now?

Old 03-31-2014, 07:44 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,384,529 times
Quote:
Precisely my point...! Guns are designed to kill and nothing else. I do agree that a PERSON is the reason the trigger is pulled. The AVAILABILTY of guns is the problem. Also the use of guns by anyone under 18 year of age should be criminal. After all, a 9 year old is not allowed to drive. Why allow a child access to a gun that can kill more effiently than a car?
Hunting is way of life for some.

That is why some states have youth hunts to encourage the sport and teach the youth the correct use of firearms.

IMO, when a youth really sees what a gun can do.....they know it is NOT a toy.

Seeing is believing.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:46 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,641,568 times
the OP is um, how to put this politely... not as intelligent as some other people.

She likely grew up in a city and has never even held a gun before, much less shot one. So, naturally, she feels she's an expert on them.

Of course guns are designed to kill, you incredibly smart person! WHO they are killing is what really matters. Do you really mind if guns are used to kill evil criminals who are attempting to kill good, loving, kind people? Is that a serious issue for you? I hope not, then you are as evil as the criminals.

Taking away guns from good, kind, law abiding people does NOTHING GOOD. Seriously, explain to me how disarming the good helps at all. Keep in mind that "banning" guns will do absolutely nothing to keep them out of criminal hands. Legally banning them doesn't make them physically disappear, there are still hundreds of millions of guns in the U.S.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:40 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,539,223 times
My kids, when they were little and had barely functioning brains, often argued about things they knew nothing about (Just like the OP).

Pat her on the head, give her some Skittles, and let the child go play with dolls or something.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:40 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,968,396 times
Quote:

People celebrate the butchers knife every time they have a BBQ, sit down for dinner that has meat as part of it and on and on.

See anyone regulating butcher's knives?

How would you know anything about a "true marksman" since you apparently know so little about so much else?

There is an organization that protects the use of all kinds of implements to kill cows in the slaughter pen.

The NRA does not represent all gun owners any more than liberals and progressives represent all people.

All gun control laws can be enforced through the use of....

GUNS!

Old 03-31-2014, 09:11 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,132,033 times
Quote:
It's not the stretch you think it is...the only use for a gun is to kill and with our lax gun manic society it's all that much easier thanks to the nra
That's an outlook that must make you the life of a party! How did you make this long believeing such unpopular nonsense?

Old 03-31-2014, 09:20 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,837,879 times
Sorry Christinerica didn't troll me on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies