Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Mr. Horn get life in prison for defending himself against two illegal alien criminals??
YES, he should get life in prison. 18 17.31%
NO, he should be set free! He had a right to personal safety. 77 74.04%
I do not know / Not sure 9 8.65%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 07:56 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,782,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
If he goes to trial and I don't know if he will, There will be a hung jury and the DA will not retry him on the same charges and he will plea out to a lessor charge. He will not go to jail but will get probation...This just happened this week on a different case. The Benton girl case, 90 % of the people on this blog had her convicted and in the death chamber a year ago.
I agree with that. The most likely outcome.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:58 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,169,371 times
Quote:
If I was getting out of my car and I don't care where it was in Texas no jury would never convict me of protecting myself or my family. I could be 10 miles from my home. It wouldn't even go to trial if it was in my driveway.

I have never said I would have done what he did, but I do defend him for what he did. And if I was one on his jury I would vote NOT Guilty. My daughter was almost killed once by a scumbag like these two and I will NEVER as long as I live defend anyone like them.
if you were getting out of your car, under the law you would be protected.

Honestly where Mr Horn went wrong was that he actually called 911. Without the tape, there wouldnt be any doubt in my mind that Mr Horn would have been "protecting" himself. That tape is so harmful on so many levels that its almost sad that it exists.

Because of that tape, it shows that Mr Horn was not in harms way, it shows that they were burglarizing the neighbors house, that he knew it, it shows that the thugs were not after Mr Horn, it shows that Mr Horn was warned that the police were nearby, it shows that Mr Horn was warned to not take the law into his own hands, it shows that Mr Horn knew what he was doing, it shows that Mr Horn went after people with the intent to kill.

In Mr Horns defense it does show him stressed and annoyed. Sometimes stress is a reasonable defense.. Wont know until we see what type of defense he puts on.

I know many people who own guns, but if you own a gun, you need to know the laws that authorize its use. Its clear that Mr Horn did not know that you cant go shooting the neighbors burglar. That could be due to the fact that it seems that under previous laws his actions might have been justified, but ignorance of a change of law is not a valid defense in court.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:01 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,782,332 times
Quote:
It was about outside protesters coming into neighborhoods and protesting. We have our own version of Al Sharpton here in the Houston area.

The ordinance does not say they cannot protest just that they can not do it in a neighborhood. And the city has already gone to the state AG's office on this and they think if will stand up in court.

Of course our own version of Al Sharpton has already said he will challenge it. Hope he like Pasadena's jail.

It does have to go up for a last reading this coming Tuesday, but it has already passed the first reading 100%.
That is a violation of free speech. As long as they are on a public street, they can protest.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,169,371 times
Quote:
If he goes to trial and I don't know if he will, There will be a hung jury and the DA will not retry him on the same charges and he will plea out to a lessor charge. He will not go to jail but will get probation...This just happened this week on a different case. The Benton girl case, 90 % of the people on this blog had her convicted and in the death chamber a year ago.
//www.city-data.com/forum/2213953-post84.html

You can see that I pretty much agreed with this statement ages ago.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:12 AM

1,281 posts, read 2,368,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Because of that tape, it shows that Mr Horn was not in harms way, it shows that they were burglarizing the neighbors house, that he knew it, it shows that the thugs were not after Mr Horn, it shows that Mr Horn was warned that the police were nearby, it shows that Mr Horn was warned to not take the law into his own hands, it shows that Mr Horn knew what he was doing, it shows that Mr Horn went after people with the intent to kill.
Details details. However it sounds to me like Horns supporters only want to listen to the following details: Horn shot and killed two burglars who turned out to be illegal aliens with a criminal past.

With that kind of narrow focus then everyone has a right to shoot anyone in the back who has committed a crime and it would probably be easier if you shoot someone who you think may be an illegal alien since your chances of getting support are increased.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:16 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,418,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
That is a violation of free speech. As long as they are on a public street, they can protest.

No sir, you are incorrect. As long as those streets are within the parameter of a planned subdivision with a MUD or PUD, they are subject to the same restrictions laid out by the subdivision. If the subdivision wishes to change those restrictions to add or take away, they are absolutely within the law to petition for those changes. That does not mean the city must permit the changes, but the subdivision has the right to ask.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:20 AM

1,281 posts, read 2,368,685 times
Quote:
If I was getting out of my car and I don't care where it was in Texas no jury would never convict me of protecting myself or my family. I could be 10 miles from my home. It wouldn't even go to trial if it was in my driveway.
And protecting yourself and your family from harm is completely within your right. However since your playing hypothetical, lets say you saw someone breaking into your neighbors car, would you go outside with your kids and a gun to confront the people breaking into the car? Would that be a smart idea? Then you think one is going towards you and your family and you shoot them, then the other one runs away and you turn your gun and shoot them in the back? Are you completely in the right? Was it reasonable and responsible for you to go out and confront them? Let’s add to it, let’s say your spouse was on the phone with the 911 dispatcher and they are stating police are on their way. What then?

Old 12-13-2007, 09:24 PM

21 posts, read 88,382 times
They didn't lose interest...One of the victim's girlfriend was at the rally with Mr. Quanell X...i'm quite they were aware the victims weren't black

Old 12-13-2007, 09:30 PM

It's too bad that how you feel doesn't hold up in court....and if the full measure of your life is how many things you've accumulated then you need some enlightenment quick...everything in that "bag of loot" can be replaced and it is not worth a life....robbery is worth a cell...not a casket

Old 12-13-2007, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
So some of you dont mind if an illegal alien criminal breaks into your house and takes your things. I am sure the neighbor of Joe Horn is so happy. He got back priceless jewelry that was his Moms. It would have been gone forever if not for the great American hero Horn. Dont you dare attempt to tell us the cops would have gotten it back. You are all much to smart to say that.

Has anyone ever talked to Horns neighbor? The media? Anyone? I want to hear from them. Perhaps that might change some of the goody two shoes minds who like their things being taken.

I see the survey at the top of this post is running away in Horns favor. It shows the way strong people feel. The weak just kiss their hard earned dollars away to whoever wants to steal them. Avoid conflict at any cost.
It's too bad that how you feel doesn't hold up in court....and if the full measure of your life is how many things you've accumulated then you need some enlightenment quick...everything in that "bag of loot" can be replaced and it is not worth a life....robbery is worth a cell...not a casket
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies