Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 10:59 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times

Advertisements

He's doing a bang-up job of convincing me Republicans aren't mad. Must be the blue font.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 11:05 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post

It must be nearing election time. The libs are ramping up the "war on women" routine. Funny that many liberal politicians are serial rapists and defilers of women!

What happened to the democrat party of Harry Truman, which actually supported workers and the middle class?

It has been highjacked by limosine liberals who have sought to destroy the middle class, increase the number of poor in the US, and install a monarchy system, in which "enlightened liberals" rule the "dirty" masses.

Old 04-04-2014, 11:21 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Why would anyone who could stomach Teddy Kennedy complain about this? I suggest Op watch a modern music video to see whatever turns you on true meaning.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:39 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It must be nearing election time. The libs are ramping up the "war on women" routine. Funny that many liberal politicians are serial rapists and defilers of women!
I'm not sure how this is supposed to defend the right's need for misogynistic laws. Seems to me you're just whining about Democrats because you can't actually defend what you support. Being criticized makes right-wingers whine about other unrelated things, and their whining makes me laugh at them.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:13 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
He's doing a bang-up job of convincing me Republicans aren't mad. Must be the blue font.
What? You're not persuaded by the rightwing trifecta of Acorn, Planned Parenthood and Benghazi?

It's this kind of feeble mentality that is pervasive in the current version of the GOP that I find so terrifying.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:49 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
While I admit the changes in the GOP and as a GOPer I am not happy with those changes. The "religious right" and the TEA Party are hurting the party's image and presenting us as a bunch of lunatics.

However for what it's worth the Democratic Party has also changed considerably. Once upon a time the Democrats believed in the a strong military, a strong foreign policy, a strong middle class, they made serious efforts at job creation instead of killing jobs with endless regulations and burdens, etc. People like JFK, Truman, etc wouldent even recognize today's Democratic Party. Today's Democratic Party is all about pleasing the various sectors of their coalition each of which has their own agenda but who share a common hatred of the vaguely defined "rich", and of traditional American values and everything that made the US great.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:54 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I will agree with you to a point. But everyone knows there were Republicans who supported the
mandate in past proposed bills.

I really think Republicans should put more emphasis on jobs and less on bashing
the ACA since most folks get thier insurance through an employer anyways.
Not for much longer ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/01/up...-out.html?_r=0
Quote:
By 2020, about 90 percent of American workers who now receive health insurance through their employers will be shifted to government exchanges created by the health law, according to a projection by S&P Capital IQ, a research firm serving the financial industry.
It’s not an outlandish notion. Ezekiel Emanuel, an architect of the Affordable Care Act, has long predicted a similar shift.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:58 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Originally Posted by aedubber
There are extreme idiots on BOTH sides of the party ... FACT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
The thread is about Republicans, stop hijacking.
This article is from Salon, arguably one of the most extreme left leaning rags on the planet.

You can't call out the Republican party if you do not recognize that extremists have taken over the DNC as well. That would be hypocritical.

Old 06-06-2014, 01:01 PM

594 posts, read 346,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
The morning after pill is not very reliable. A woman I know said that planed parenthood was giving her daughter the morning after pills instead of the normal birth control pills. Her daughter got pregnant.

BTW, how often must teen or tween girl get knocked up that she needs taxpayers to keep her supplied with free morning after pills?

Old 06-06-2014, 01:03 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
The lunatics took over.

The Tea Party is slightly to blame. While originally not a problem, certain Republican politicians started to identify with the Tea Party but turned out to be utterly insane. Claiming they support grass roots beliefs, they didn't specify how far back they go. Pretty far back. They became more reactionary. So Pro-tradition, than anything not already established as a social norm is wrong, like gays or other gender identities, as well as many religious issues. Basically, they adopted extreme social conservationism. This attracted more crazy people, leading to various republicans making ridiculous remarks. I remember a while back, some politicians said "if abortion is legal, then men should be able to rape women legally." Something like that gives the entire party a bad name, which is a reason why Republicans are loosing support, especially to younger voters who are certainly more socially liberal.

I don't think all Republicans are sexist or incapable of in depth thought, but the loudest ones seem to be. That's the problem, in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies