Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2014, 10:57 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,788,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It appears you are the one who doesn't understand. You spelled it all out and you don't understand. Simple stuff. You folks are so far lost you have to go back six years to attack somebody. What the F are you folks even doing? You think this will get you "even" or something. Good Lord you **** off more folks then anything else. I guess that is your goal? It appears so. Most don't give a rip but when you pull this nazi **** folks don't like it. Good work. You are making it harder on all gays who want to just live their lives.
Another excellent point!

Old 04-07-2014, 10:57 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,501,759 times
Quote:
It appears you are the one who doesn't understand. You spelled it all out and you don't understand. Simple stuff. You folks are so far lost you have to go back six years to attack somebody. What the F are you folks even doing? You think this will get you "even" or something. Good Lord you **** off more folks then anything else. I guess that is your goal? It appears so. Most don't give a rip but when you pull this nazi **** folks don't like it. Good work. You are making it harder on all gays who want to just live their lives.
Nah, eventually being anti-gay will be seen the same way as being anti-black or anti-semitic. A climate will develop that will make it culturally unacceptable. People will be mocked and ridiculed for doing things like Eich did. I know a lot of people don't like to accept that reality, but history is not on their side on this.

I notice that some people still try to boycott Jane Fonda all these years later. I don't like her myself, but man that was a long time ago. I don't notice a lot of people getting upset about that or saying she should be excused because it had nothing to do with her work.

I have friends who still turn the radio of the Dixie Chicks come on. I don't like country music, so I'm okay with that. But it sure has been a long time since they insulted Bush. Do people say the Dixie Chicks still make good records, so what difference does it make what they said so many year ago?

I don't know. I just know I'm not upset that Eich lost his job. I don't feel sorry for him at all. He started a fight he couldn't finish, and that's about all there is to it. I bet fewer people will start a fight like that in the future, but we'll have to wait and see.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Really? Look again. Where did that happen?

I've just been asking why a $1,000 anti-gay donation is evil incarnate, but $80,000+ in anti-gay donations is peachy keen. Sure looks like most, if not all, of you whiners and complainers lack conviction.

Last I checked, we still had First Amendment rights in this country. KUchief25 is correct: Many of you are the discriminators you "claim" to despise, yet you can't see it.

Well, of course the First Amendment only applies to government action, not individual action. I'm sure you already knew that though. But yeah, if the government isn't interfering with your rights it's not a first amendment issue.

But even if we accepted your definition of First Amendment rights, don't the boycotters have first amendment rights, too? Or is it only Eich.

Because I'm pretty sure that they had the right to boycott companies if they want to, just like Eich had the right to donate to political causes if he wanted to.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:08 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,998,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I don't know. I just know I'm not upset that Eich lost his job. I don't feel sorry for him at all. He started a fight he couldn't finish, and that's about all there is to it. I bet fewer people will start a fight like that in the future, but we'll have to wait and see.
So you are just fine with intimidation? It appears so. That is my point on this entire thread it doesn't matter what side you are on this type of crap is BS. You appear to enjoy it and want more of it in the future. What the hell is wrong with you? I guess you think you well never be on the "intimidated" side?? Well good luck sparky. Yes wait and see. How fuggin much more pathetic you can get I don't know or care to see. You are at the bottom................just sad.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Well, of course the First Amendment only applies to government action, not individual action. I'm sure you already knew that though. But yeah, if the government isn't interfering with your rights it's not a first amendment issue.

But even if we accepted your definition of First Amendment rights, don't the boycotters have first amendment rights, too? Or is it only Eich.

Because I'm pretty sure that they had the right to boycott companies if they want to, just like Eich had the right to donate to political causes if he wanted to.
Why is a $1,000 donation worthy of a boycott, but an $80,000+ donation isn't?

When will you and the gay army be dumping your Intel processor electronics in protest?

Old 04-07-2014, 11:14 PM

Quote:
So you are just fine with intimidation? It appears so. That is my point on this entire thread it doesn't matter what side you are on this type of crap is BS. You appear to enjoy it and want more of it in the future. What the hell is wrong with you? I guess you think you well never be on the "intimidated" side?? Well good luck sparky. Yes wait and see. How fuggin much more pathetic you can get I don't know or care to see. You are at the bottom................just sad.
If by intimidation you mean "people will think you're a real moron if you're a bigot, so it's probably better not to show any signs of bigotry," yeah, I guess I'm okay with that "sparky."

It's pretty much the same thing as what happened (is happening) to racism. One couldn't make political contributions to groups that advocate racism and still be accepted in polite society.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:18 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,998,309 times
Well what you deem a bigot doesn't means squat. You get your "gay army" going and we see what happens though. You folks are pathetic. How do you go around doing what you do not even know what your doing? I guess you just don't care. There lies the problem with you loons...........you don't give a **** about anybody but yourselves. You stick your racism sheet up your arse as it has nothing to do with this topic. Oh I know you want to interject it bu I'm not some dummy who will play your games. Now get back to the topic or go away............

Quote:
Why is a $1,000 donation worthy of a boycott, but an $80,000+ donation isn't?

When will you and the gay army be dumping your Intel processor electronics in protest?
If it ever becomes useful and convenient, I suppose the gay army commandos will swoop in and give the word. Until then you'll just have to live with the unbearable duplicity of people who support equality picking and choosing their battles when they are most effective.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-08-2014 at 07:18 AM.. Reason: off topic

9,828 posts, read 9,410,092 times
Quote:
Excellent point!
This is like saying the Jews are as bad as the Nazis since they hated them back (yeah, I went Godwin).

Right-wingers have the worst logic EVER.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
If by intimidation you mean "people will think you're a real moron if you're a bigot, so it's probably better not to show any signs of bigotry," yeah, I guess I'm okay with that "sparky."

It's pretty much the same thing as what happened (is happening) to racism.
Obama is a racist, and he's been idolized by some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies