Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2014, 04:44 PM

1,127 posts, read 1,278,683 times

Advertisements

It is a glaring exposure of the intellectual midgetry of the militant reprobates that they think its a victory to drive a creative genius from a job where he is not a threat to them(with a hefty payment, no doubt), while at the same time giving him a golden opportunity to make a killing on speeches to the conservative groups, who will take him in like a stray pup, and pay him well. I bet the guy makes more money in the future than he ever has before.

Then there is the whole giving a genius an "axe to grind" thing. I wonder what he might do to the gay marriage effort if he puts his mind to it. Some folks need to learn not to make enemies of folks who are smarter than they are. Ah well, y'all keep right on, don't let me stand in your way...

Old 04-05-2014, 04:53 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,309,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
None of this changes the fact that it is their religious belief. Our society does not tell people what religious beliefs they may have, although it may at times tell them how they can act on those religious beliefs. The standard should be the extent of impact it has on others.
Yes it does change that argument.

I supplied you with factual information showing how being against interracial marriage was justified by religious beliefs.

Yet our society said if you are against interracial marriage you are a racist and that viewpoint is flat out unacceptable despite the fact that indeed people who opposed interracial said this opposition was based on religious beliefs.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:55 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,081,588 times
And you didn't do the same thing? Pretty sanctimonious, don't you think? Oh, I'm sorry. You are gay and therefore entitled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
First: All rights are limited, a fact that anyone with a bit of logic would know innately, since rights often conflict with each other, as in the Prop 8 case. In that case, basic human rights such as the right to marry whom you love have primacy over the right of bigots to inflict the ramifications of their petty, vindictive, and self-serving intolerance onto others.

Second: The First Amendment assures that government cannot enact any law impeding free speech. Eich spoke. The government didn't stop him from speaking, nor did the government punish him for speaking. The government didn't legally sanction him or his company. The government didn't endorse or support the impact on the company from Eich's offensive comments.

Right-wingers always seem to see everything from the own corrupted perspective: Their own free speech = good; the free speech of those who disagree with them = bad. With such inanely self-serving claptrap as the mainstay of their rhetoric, I expect to see loads more nonsense spewed by the egoistic right-wing on this matter.

Old 04-05-2014, 05:13 PM

39,336 posts, read 27,722,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Yes, awesome example of hypocrisy. Tolerance is only applied when being forced to side with liberals. You are never called a bully if you are a liberal. You force someone to step down because of his beliefs, but elect a president that had the same beliefs, if you are a liberal.
In all fairness, nobody forced him to step down. He stepped down for the best interests of his company.

In the market driven economy/society, this kind of things happen all.the.time.

Overwhelming majority of Californians support gay marriage, he pissed off his consumers, and he had to deal with the consequences.

Consumers don't want him, he messed up. No more no less. Has nothing to do with politics.

Old 04-05-2014, 05:18 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,457,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In all fairness, nobody forced him to step down. He stepped down for the best interests of his company.

In the market driven economy/society, this kind of things happen all.the.time.

Overwhelming majority of Californians support gay marriage, he pissed off his consumers, and he had to deal with the consequences.

Consumers don't want him, he messed up. No more no less. Has nothing to do with politics.

It's not right to punish a company for one man's actions or beliefs.

Chik-Fil-A is another story. They'd tell you that their business at its core is anti-gay marriage.

Old 04-05-2014, 05:19 PM

39,336 posts, read 27,722,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
It's not right to punish a company for one man's actions or beliefs.

Chik-Fil-A is another story. They'd tell you that their business at its core is anti-gay marriage.
Life is not fair. This is a market driven economy, unfortunately or fortunately.
This kind of thing happen all the time.

I don't think it is fair either, but it is what it is.

Old 04-05-2014, 05:24 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,081,588 times
Clearly, you do not understand what mob rule refers to, its context, but more explicitly it does not relate to any individual or group specifically. Your ridicule of the concept underscores that you don't get it, so cannot possibly understand that I answered your question. One cannot understand what one does not know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Yep, they didn't want tyranny by the majority. Yet that's exactly what you advocate.

By the way, you didn't answer my question. Last line of my post.

Here it is again.

Spoiler

Do you have mobs of angry homosexuals terrorising the dust bunnies under your bed too? Get a dustpan.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:08 PM
miu

17,772 posts, read 40,235,459 times
Gay marriage supporters have become a bunch of bullies. It lowers my opinion of their movement. Our society has taken many decades to be accepting of the LGBT lifestyle. True change doesn't happen overnight. Prop 8 was back in 2008 and it was voted in with the majority of the Prop 8 supporters being black and Hispanic. Why attack just Eich? Why don't the gay marriage supporters attack and boycott California also?

And President Barack Obama once believed marriage only was for one man and one woman. Why not attack him for his former stance on gay marriage?

Anyway, I still use Firefox and will continue to do so.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:16 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,931,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Gay marriage supporters have become a bunch of bullies. It lowers my opinion of their movement. Our society has taken many decades to be accepting of the LGBT lifestyle. True change doesn't happen overnight. Prop 8 was back in 2008 and it was voted in with the majority of the Prop 8 supporters being black and Hispanic. Why attack just Eich? Why don't the gay marriage supporters attack and boycott California also?

And President Barack Obama once believed marriage only was for one man and one woman. Why not attack him for his former stance on gay marriage?

Anyway, I still use Firefox and will continue to do so.
Social conservatives have the right to boycott also. Maybe they should stage one of their own instead of crying about GLAAD.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:19 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,948,284 times
It's entirely possible that this is not the full story here either. These kind of public stories are not necessarily what has occurred in the background. Corps like Mozilla are very important participants in the cyber domain.

Unless one has had their head completely in the sand all the NSA exposure alone should be making this abundantly clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies