Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2014, 08:45 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I think intent is very important here. Did they beat this man because he is White or because he hit a child? Did they scream nasty things to him about the color of his skin while beating him? To me, it looks like they would have beaten anyone who hit the kid. In that case, this is not a hate crime. BUT, we don't have enough evidence to go on here in an online forum. BTW, I'm not condoning the beating.
Here's an incident where a young Black girl was taken out of her car and beat by a mob

Incident had nothing to do with race

Wrong Stop = Driver gets Dragged & Attacked by Black Teen Mob - YouTube

Old 04-05-2014, 08:50 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,734,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
You need to take a formal statistics course! It is entertaining, nonetheless, to read your "explanation". I need every laugh I can get.

I would invite you to walk in Compton, Watts, or urban Detroit at 1 am (unarmed) to prove your point! I am sure you will be okay- just tell them you are a liberal and everything will be okay!
How in the holy hell did you get out of that that I'm a liberal? You need to take a reading comprehension class because you clearly have absolutely no freaking clue what I was even arguing.

By the way, I live 20 minutes outside of Detroit and there's way in hell I'm ever going there unless it's to a daytime baseball game, I'm packing, and I know exactly where I'm going.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:53 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Please provide the incidences of black people being beaten by a white mob in the last forty years.
White Men Attacked 3 Black Men in Howard Beach Hate Crime, the Police Say

Black Man Is Attacked by Whites in Brooklyn, Police Say

Old 04-05-2014, 09:09 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,458,810 times
the average white girl is way way less likely to be violent than some other races. most women who are educated and not ghetto trash don't engage in fighting

Old 04-05-2014, 09:11 PM

947 posts, read 1,464,170 times
Well these years it's the blacks being the racist attackers in Brooklyn.

"A group of 10 black youths — one of them a 12-year-old girl — surrounded a white couple's car in Brooklyn, viciously beating the husband and yanking the wife to the pavement by her hair as they peppered the two with racial slurs, authorities said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/brooklyn-youths-attack-couple-racial-attack-cops-article-1.1490901#ixzz2y4TzxE7B"

As for Howard Beach it's the blacks doing the attacking and being racists.

H’WARD BEACH BRAWL | New York Post

"A group of white teens in the infamous neighborhood was allegedly chased and viciously beaten by a group of black teens from Brooklyn in an incident set off by an egg toss.
A woman who pulled her 14-year-old son to safety in her car as he ran for his life said he told her, “They got hammers and bats, they’re going to kill us. The blacks were saying ‘I’m going to kill you, you white motherf—–s!’ ”"

Old 04-05-2014, 09:11 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post
Actually, you are wrong, since black people commit hate crimes at a proportionally higher rate than white people.

In 2012, race was reported for 5,331 known hate crime offenders. Of these offenders:
  • 54.6 percent were white.
  • 23.3 percent were black.
FBI — Hate Crime

73% of the population is white
13% of the population is black

You need more Michael Dunns if you want to "even things up."
Your percentages are based on offenders for all 'hate' crimes, not just race based hate crimes.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:12 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I guess I don't see the big issue. Like the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

What is there to talk about?
Although I don't agree with you at all, I have to give you credit for being honest about your views, many conservatives don't have the guts to say what you say, even on an anonymous internet forum.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:13 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
I'm just shocked that this thread has gone 20 pages.

A tornado ripped through north Minneapolis last year (mostly black people) and within 5 mins of the all clear siren they were looting and assaulting people.

People were guarding their houses with guns because they had to. There was a time in North Minneapolis when people helped each other out and would have died before they stole from a neighbor who experienced a terrible disaster like a tornado.

But things are different now. It's to be expected. This is the new US.

So why act so surprised?

Old 04-05-2014, 09:14 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d from birmingham View Post
Well these years it's the blacks being the racist attackers in Brooklyn.

"A group of 10 black youths — one of them a 12-year-old girl — surrounded a white couple's car in Brooklyn, viciously beating the husband and yanking the wife to the pavement by her hair as they peppered the two with racial slurs, authorities said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/brooklyn-youths-attack-couple-racial-attack-cops-article-1.1490901#ixzz2y4TzxE7B"

As for Howard Beach it's the blacks doing the attacking and being racists.

H’WARD BEACH BRAWL | New York Post

"A group of white teens in the infamous neighborhood was allegedly chased and viciously beaten by a group of black teens from Brooklyn in an incident set off by an egg toss.
A woman who pulled her 14-year-old son to safety in her car as he ran for his life said he told her, “They got hammers and bats, they’re going to kill us. The blacks were saying ‘I’m going to kill you, you white motherf—–s!’ ”"
The poster I was responding to ask for a single event in which white people had attacked a black person. I gave two examples. Never did I say that people of certain races are never violent.

Last edited by helenejen; 04-05-2014 at 09:25 PM..

Old 04-05-2014, 09:16 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That's good to hear. Maybe his parents will teach him not to play in traffic now.

"Parents"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.