Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2014, 10:44 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
It gives the Democrat's distorted version which is always to make America look bad.
It's a fatally flawed report. Besides being a highly partisan with hunt, they never even interviewed a single person supposedly involved to get relevant info. Not even one.

That kind of one-sided report would get an F in a high school class.

Even more sad, Rolling Stone magazine just did the same exact thing (one-sided report, didn't interview any of the young men supposedly involved) with their bogus U VA gang rape story. So now, Feinstein and the Dems think they can pull the same irresponsible sh*t on the American public? What BS. Only the Grubers will believe it, their stupid Dem voter base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 10:45 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Yesterday America killed a very high ranking terrorist whose idenity was dicovered because of waterboarding.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:46 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Mark my words.... In the next couple of days you will see Dianne Finestein on TV denying that she knew anything about torture under her watch. She will say she must have been lied to.
She was briefed... Along with other members of the senate intelligence committee.
It took less than 12 hours for my prediction to come true...

Old 12-09-2014, 10:47 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's a fatally flawed report. Besides being a highly partisan with hunt, they never even interviewed a single person supposedly involved to get relevant info. Not even one.

That kind of one-sided report would get an F in a high school class.

Even more sad, Rolling Stone magazine just did the same exact thing (one-sided report, didn't interview any of the young men supposedly involved) with their bogus U VA gang rape story. So now, Feinstein and the Dems think they can pull the same irresponsible sh*t on the American public? What BS. Only the Grubers will believe it, their stupid Dem voter base.
And the terrorists, of course. They will believe it too. Now when ISIS chops off an American's head, we can just blame Bush!

Old 12-09-2014, 10:48 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
You're going to cherry pick my quote back to me? Why did you leave out the second sentence? It says, "But it said that the government had months to plan for the reverberations from its report — indeed, years — and that those risks should not delay the release of the report by the Senate Intelligence Committee."
Right. If the Senate is going to release it, is one date better than another? Is there a reason to delay it for a week, as opposed to doing it now? If they wanted to do this as a political stunt, then they would have done it before the elections, or before 2016 elections.

3,216 posts, read 2,083,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
This is a huge mistake for this report to be released. I think it makes us vulnerable with other countries.
Of course it does....

Senate intelligence committee.... is that an oxymoron or what?

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
It took less than 12 hours for my prediction to come true...
Oh sure but you gotta admit it was kinda like predicting the sun would come up in the morning, eh?

Old 12-09-2014, 10:50 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Leave it to liberals and the biased anti-American media to go crazy over this while ignoring real, current events.

We waterboarded three dudes. So what. I dont care. We received valuable info from them. This report is a farce and keep in mind most of these Democrats knew what was going on but didn't care until the media made politics out of it.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:50 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Just what the media and left wanted. Another distraction from real issues and events. All to bash America and feel bad for our enemies. I hate liberalism
Yes, yes, yes--Benghazi is a REAL issue, but the unlawful use of torture by our government, nah, that's not an issue at all.

The number of people here who are just fine with a government cover up of what was done in our name is appalling. We're supposed to be the good guys, remember?

Old 12-09-2014, 10:51 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
The torture you're denying took place. That torture.

It is. I know you have to believe otherwise so you don't have to admit to yourself you support right-wing sadistic scum, but it is. As is putting people head-first into sleeping bags and beating them, as is sodomizing them with glowsticks.

So you just keep pretending you aren't a torture supporter if it makes you feel better, but don't expect anyone other than your fellow torture-supporters to take you seriously.
I knew a man who was in Nam, and I would hate to tell you what they did over there....
I mean, my god wake up......war is awful....and both sides of that war are responsible for terrible things done to human beings, why in the world do you think some Americans came back from war, one of which is my brother and lost touch? And it's b/c Americans don't want to believe otherwise....and no matter what you say to them, they refuse to believe....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies