Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2014, 06:34 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ya, that's where Bill & Hilary were from.

and they wisely left-moved to the developed world.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:35 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,113,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Former banned poster.
That would account for a lot.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:36 PM

241 posts, read 172,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
You are new to this forum, and you are just trying to stir up hatred and ignorance. Have at it. Who knows if you are even really from the South. I have lived in the South for all of my live, and I love it. I am proud to be a Southern American, and realize that no one has done anything to me or you. After reading this last post, I believe you are the one that needs to educate yourself.
Oh I am born and bred in the south. Love it here. Not trying to stir up anything. I don't take kindly to carpetbaggers and yankees trashing the south or our symbols. Self hating southerners are the worst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Yep, now I am convinced you're just a troll. Or an unamerican POS.
What in your opinion is an American?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
What I hate is never reading posts on here from people in regions with below average results in educational attainment discussing how those results could be improved. It is no coincidence that in high performing regions, issues like this garbage are NOT discussed. Their kids are winning, going on to live upper middle class or higher lifestyles.

Rural America's teens are the next generation of methheads.
THEN LEAVE THE SOUTH if you hate it so much why in the world did you move here!?

Old 04-09-2014, 06:42 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times
What the OP should be discussing is the following:

(1) What % of kids from that school during the last 10 years have graduated from college?
(2) What % are earning, at minimum, the US median salary afterwards?

If 1 and 2 are showing good results, the principal is doing well. If not, either he/she stinks, or its the fault of those attending the school, and their families.

When education is not taken seriously, we are committing economic genocide. Political views and flags will not change that. Lack of hope for the future, and one grounded in reality, plays a huge role in the South's meth problem.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:44 PM

That's not the topic of the thread. You can start one though.

162 posts, read 177,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
you can find pictures of the klan hanging blacks on the internet. the klan is a recognized entity that stirs emotions historically.

some organization nobody has ever heard of before does not do the same, and to pretend it does with phony outrage weakens your argument.

99 percent of the population never heard of this group until yesterday. there are white groups all over this country in basements that organize, you think i care if i see someone say 14/88 or whatever it is. quit reaching and admit that since jay z is black this is an issue. i dont have a problem with that, i expect that from white male conservatives.
Please backup your 99% claim with proof or factual documentation. Otherwise it's just more excuse making and shrugging of personal responsibility. If you want to be a racist be one, its obvious you are. But don't tell whites they don't have a right to be offended by this black boy and his racist medallion. And yes, he is a boy in the context of an immature, arrogant child, not in the racial context which I know you are dying to address.

9,694 posts, read 7,398,193 times
I guess when people inbreed that much they really become something else

that is really a stupid statement

Old 04-09-2014, 06:48 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,936,194 times
If one is going to have seat belt regs. Seat belt regs should especially apply to govt employees and public transport. (i.e. buses) etc...

Old 04-09-2014, 06:56 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,044,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Of Four View Post
Supporters Rally After School Made Students Take Down Rebel Flags | 5NEWSOnline.com

Curious here. But,if they are IN CLASS how are they flying a flag? That makes no sense and I think its quite time to contact the ACLU there. They obviously have the support of the town so vote the scumbag school board out. Makes me proud to see good ole southern boys not backing down from carpetbaggers.
They are flying the flags on their pick-up trucks, which are parked on school property, while they are in class. The principal asked them to remove the flags while the trucks were on school property. They were free to put them back up when they left school grounds.

Our school district (in the South) gives principals the authority to ban clothing that is profane or disruptive. While a flag isn't clothing (usually) it seems that a similar philosophy is being employed - it's likely that a Confederate battle flag falls into that "disruptive" category.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:58 PM

Why now? Why not beginning of the school year when ALL students are given the rules and regulations? School is almost over. Why it would bother ANYONE when everyone is supposed to be in class is beyond me. Like I said I think its outside sources putting pressure on the principal.Hopefully we learn more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies