Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2014, 07:33 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
No the cattle were not allowed to be there. There were court orders requiring that the cattle be removed.

And much of the cattle was grazing on areas where they were never allowed.

And the right of a landlord to remove the possessions of a tenant no longer leasing is basic common law....Even for cattle.
It wasn't about money or turtles. It was about control. People have had enough.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:33 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,809,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
If it was such a problem they would of tried to take the cattle away years ago. Since Bundy has gone to court numerous times and BLM stopped getting payment why wasn't this taken care of then ? Why all of a sudden now ?
Because Bundy was taking advantage of the fact this acreage is desolate and isolated and very diffictult to access. And He often agreed that he would do things and then did not. And then he would sue again tying things up.

The thing has been building up for 20 years and finally blew up. And we now say why not sooner. Next time the BLM may simply shoot all the cattle not easily rounded up.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:34 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Perhaps you might consider looking at references cited in this paper.

http://vegetarian.procon.org/sourcef...nvironment.pdf
I looked at that paper, and anyone who has had experience with the raising of livestock would question its validity just as I did. It is a lot of conjecture with a modicum of basis in fact, but the facts that it includes are based on what could happen in certain situations, not on what happens in every situation. In short, without proof that Bundy overgrazed the land that paper has zero bearing on this case.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Do you even know what a court injunction is? Google it.

Show me where in the court ruling is says, " The cattle were allowed to be there, they just weren't being paid for. That is a lien issue."

This is what I read in the court order:

http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal...pdf?1373464715
I keep on falling into this, DOH. Need to quit......it's not about Bundy, fee's, turtles or cattle.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:36 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
You still haven't shown any evidence that the BLM performed any maintenance on the land in question. If they haven't, then Bundy's grazing cattle haven't cost us a cent.

So you think all the cattle in the US cause damage to lands from grazing except Bundy's.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:39 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
So you think all the cattle in the US cause damage to lands from grazing except Bundy's.
If you want to start a thread about other cattle besides bundy's, then go ahead and stop deflecting from the question asked.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:39 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
No, I know that proper grazing by cattle is actually beneficial to the land. On the other hand, you seem to be under the impression that any form of grazing hurts the land, which is a completely false argument.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:41 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
So, when BLM was formed and put in control, they arbitrarily told Bundy to F-off the land that his family has homesteaded(made improvements) for 140 years.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:48 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,809,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It wasn't about money or turtles. It was about control. People have had enough.
Actually it is. There are some interesting issues. In some I am probably on your side. I think the tortoise things is an absolute put-on. And on that basis I think Bundy is getting screwed. But you need to go after the environmentalist and attack them...not the BLM. It is your congressperson that is doing the harm.

And I think that the grazing of cattle on scrub desert needs tight control. Anyone who think cowboys won't waste the area they graze just does not know enough cowboys. And sure it is an accident that there is a high component of feral cows in Bundy's herds. Sure...just unlucky. Bet they all end up in Bundy's pocket in the end.

People have not "had enough". Virtually none even understand the issue as has been well illustrated this week. A sanctimonious operator has again screwed the system for another couple of years of operation. And he may even manage to write a book and make some real money.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:49 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
This is not pasture.
His cattle were all healthy. You do not have healthy cattle by Over Grazing your grass.

Pasture is just a term used by Ranchers that means where their cattle graze.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies